Twitter: Brice Butler signed by Cardinals (2 year deal)

jrumann59

Reaction score
Brice Butler - WR - Cardinals
Cardinals signed WR Brice Butler, formerly of the Cowboys, to a two-year contract.

At this stage of free agency, this is about as good as it gets when it comes to a signing. Butler has long been intriguing dating back to his Raiders days as a former seventh-rounder. He's big (6'3/220) with deep speed (4.37 forty) and averaged 17.3 yards per catch the last two seasons with the Cowboys, though he was criminally underused. With not much going on outside in Arizona, Butler should be given a real chance to carve out a prominent offensive role.
Related: Cowboys
Does not sound like a starting role though...

ksadler1

Reaction score
Most overrated player in CZ history.

I don't know if it's fair to call ANY player on this team "overrated" until they get a coaching staff that actually knows how to use its players...

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Does not sound like a starting role though...

Coming from a fantasy football nut, that is definitey a starting role opportunity. Aside from fitz butler is now their 2nd most experienced WR. Chad Williams is still a process and while still learning to run proper routes, Nelson is nothing more than a 3rd wr and a return guy, and Hamilton, Ross and agudosi are nowhere near starters.

Brice wanted a starting spot and he and his agent did a nice job of picking the cards and realizing their wr depth situation.

It will more than likely be:

Fitz
Butler
Nelson
Williams

jrumann59

Reaction score
I don't know if it's fair to call ANY player on this team "overrated" until they get a coaching staff that actually knows how to use its players...
I guess Oakland did not know how to use him also. But it is an indictment of the coaching staff, mainly the WR coaches that have been here, with Dez and the inconsistencies from Butler you have to wonder just what the hell the WR coaches were doing in practice with these guys.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I think it will all depend on Bradford being healthy. Which you can't count on at all... If he is though, he is very good. Will definitely see a lot more catches there then here. So I can't say I blame him...
And of course Arians loves to air it out. Arizona's o could be something to watch next year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And they paid Deonte Thompson $1.8 with $1.0 up front.

Thompson caught almost as many passes the last two years (60) as Butler has caught the past four (64).

Of course, it's probable that Butler would have done better with more opportunities, but Thompson has proven that he can.