Bring back the Dink-&-Dak

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
3 years of whining about throwing the ball downfield. QB starts slinging it around and already whining about going back to dink and dunk.

Gotta love it!

The Natural

Reaction score
Seems like just yesterday the dak homers were making call out threads every damn day. Then we started facing some real competition and they scattered like roaches.

shabazz

Reaction score
Seems like just yesterday the dak homers were making call out threads every damn day. Then we started facing some real competition and they scattered like roaches.

None was better then the infamous, "Dak is the Best Qb in the NFL". Delusion doesn't get any better than that.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Where was the ball control against GB? The key to win against great teams is ball control. Keep the monster offenses off the field. Airing it out works against crappy teams. EzE was getting 7-12-15 yard runs. Yeah we were down 14-0, but we should have stayed with the run, or short routes.

The short game works and it doesn't cause INTs. We can kill a team slowly, but it's not exciting.

We have the best RB in the game and now he's a second thought! We should be utilizing EzE as NO does Kamara.
It went through the hands of Amari

glimmerman

Reaction score
Where was the ball control against GB? The key to win against great teams is ball control. Keep the monster offenses off the field. Airing it out works against crappy teams. EzE was getting 7-12-15 yard runs. Yeah we were down 14-0, but we should have stayed with the run, or short routes.

The short game works and it doesn't cause INTs. We can kill a team slowly, but it's not exciting.

We have the best RB in the game and now he's a second thought! We should be utilizing EzE as NO does Kamara.
Agreed. Elliot and Pollard could have carries this team and kept them off the field. Get it going and use play action. Take that deep shot here and there. One of Daks picks was designed to hit Elliot in the flats and he was open. Instead he went into double coverage.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is the problem. No one wanted Innovation more than me. People don't want to hear the word Dink and dunk. Personally if that is what you have to do to beat your opponent that's what you do can you change your scheme accordingly now that we know Prescott can handle any type of offense I have no problem reverting back against certain teams

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No

As much as I kill Dak, I rather air out than see the dink and dunk crap.
I know the word alone just chills you. How do you say play a scheme according to your opponent. I don't have a problem with Dink and dunk no one wanted Innovation more than me that's what it takes quick releases to beat a good pass-rusher so that's what you have to do

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In the end, it's gonna kill all of us from BOREDOM..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... and we will go from America's team to the ranks of college ball....

Again all this sacrifice for an inept QB we have under center dang?????
Is something wrong with the way you think my cowboy brother. Dink and dunk one or two Series against a good pass-rush just to slow them down. Do not ever see the entire picture. Please stop at this tunnel vision

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
For a team like the Cowboys that leans heavily upon the OL for its success, the hapless play of our OL at this juncture is far from what it was in the past. Injuries to our key players have obviously taken a toll on Dallas' ability to function on the ground as well as in the air. Neither Ezekiel nor Dak are really enjoying the kind of support from the OL that they've required lately.

Hopefully, the wounded warriors of the OL might recover in time to make this season more enjoyable for the Dallas fans. In a few weeks a much-needed bye week to follow our game with Philly should serve them well. In the meantime, it seems like our offense will be obliged to tough it out for the next two weeks for any sufficient rest time to come to their aid. Some real struggles await our embattled offense. Let's hope a recovery is in the works. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed! I'd rather Dak throw a few ints than be afraid to turn it loose like last year
How about we just change our scheme. According to the team we're playing. Then we don't have to throw any interceptions. Doesn't that sound a little bit more logical

jsb357

Reaction score
Nope, gotta air it out to drive up the fantasy numbers and justify the 35 million a year contract.

/sarc?

dckid

Reaction score

Thanks. And ball control isn't just dink and Dak. Look at the Rams, Patriots, Seattle. It's not a zero sum game, Zeke or Dak?
If we would just vary our run game, we should be owning the line of scrimmage even with our banged up line.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Agreed! I'd rather Dak throw a few ints than be afraid to turn it loose like last year
And last year we were 10-6 which was good enough to win the division. I am not saying I don't like our qb throwing the ball downfield, but to me moving the chains is more important in most cases. Wears down the opposing teams D, keeps the offense off of the field not to mention the clock control. I know you have heard all this but....you can call it dink and dunk but its called ball control and more important, game control.