Bring back the Dink-&-Dak

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
How about we just change our scheme. According to the team we're playing. Then we don't have to throw any interceptions. Doesn't that sound a little bit more logical
No one is saying Dak should purposely throw ints. Talk about logic.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
And last year we were 10-6 which was good enough to win the division. I am not saying I don't like our qb throwing the ball downfield, but to me moving the chains is more important in most cases. Wears down the opposing teams D, keeps the offense off of the field not to mention the clock control. I know you have heard all this but....you can call it dink and dunk but its called ball control and more important, game control.
Good point. That's why Brady is the dink and dunk king

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
What's funny is folks complained about not throwing down the field because Dak "couldn't" do it. Some even said they could live with the picks....... Now those same ones are wanting to run the ball all the time........

What needs to happen is to be a balanced team. Attack the opposing teams weakness, like the Patriots do. Keep the defense guessing

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one is saying Dak should purposely throw ints. Talk about logic.
No all you said was you'd rather have him throw interceptions. Seriously please go back to Facebook you're embarrassing yourself

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Tom Brady is play according to your competition King that's the difference with the Patriots. You don't know what you're going to get. No one wanted Innovation on offense more than me. But not to the point of predictability.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What's funny is folks complained about not throwing down the field because Dak "couldn't" do it. Some even said they could live with the picks....... Now those same ones are wanting to run the ball all the time........

What needs to happen is to be a balanced team. Attack the opposing teams weakness, like the Patriots do. Keep the defense guessing
What needs to happen is to be unpredictable. And until we see this I'm not sure how this team is going to play.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I take football so seriously. Yeah I do get my panties in a wad now and then. I train workout with a 2 time Super Bowl running back. So I get more testosterone flowing I'm so frustrated at this team I could spit nails thank you for the like I meant no disrespect

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
I think Tom Brady is play according to your competition King that's the difference with the Patriots. You don't know what you're going to get. No one wanted Innovation on offense more than me. But not to the point of predictability.
you definitely don't have predictability with the Patriots because Brady turns no-name receivers into somebody. Dion Lewis goes to Tennessee and disappears Danny amendola goes to another team and disappears Chris Hogan goes to another team and disappears
No all you said was you'd rather have him throw interceptions. Seriously please go back to Facebook you're embarrassing yourself
Clearly your reading comprehension is not the best.
I take football so seriously. Yeah I do get my panties in a wad now and then. I train workout with a 2 time Super Bowl running back. So I get more testosterone flowing I'm so frustrated at this team I could spit nails thank you for the like I meant no disrespect
Haha no worries. I got to take it if I dish it.

GMO415

Reaction score

Get the playmakers involved. That's EzE and Coop.

Also, why is that old war horse Witt in on 83% of the snaps?

shabazz

Reaction score
This is the problem. No one wanted Innovation more than me. People don't want to hear the word Dink and dunk. Personally if that is what you have to do to beat your opponent that's what you do can you change your scheme accordingly now that we know Prescott can handle any type of offense I have no problem reverting back against certain teams

It was great to see the ball aired out in those first 3 games though

shabazz

Reaction score
Agreed but it can't be done on everyone.

So true, but it was fun to watch. The Patriots way is to take what the Defense gives but sadly the last two games we didn't take anything. Defenses imposed their will on us and we had no answers until the game was out of hand, Ergo 31-3 in the 3rd quarter

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
In the end, it's gonna kill all of us from BOREDOM..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... and we will go from America's team to the ranks of college ball....

Again all this sacrifice for an inept QB we have under center dang?????

Not boring if we win.

InTheZone

Reaction score
It was a mix of bad qb and wr play, but the plays were there to be made down field, not that dink and dunk trash. For those saying Dak balled out how many times did Dak throw directly to the db or not lead the wr? Was way too many that's for sure.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Where was the ball control against GB? The key to win against great teams is ball control. Keep the monster offenses off the field. Airing it out works against crappy teams. EzE was getting 7-12-15 yard runs. Yeah we were down 14-0, but we should have stayed with the run, or short routes.

The short game works and it doesn't cause INTs. We can kill a team slowly, but it's not exciting.

We have the best RB in the game and now he's a second thought! We should be utilizing EzE as NO does Kamara.
We weren't unable to employ the dink and dak, or otherwise known as a West Coast style offense, or Brady offense because we fell behind so far. We had to play catch-up which exposes our offense. When a team knows you have to pass to win it makes you one-dimensional and much easier to defend. I like that phrase dink and dak.

GMO415

Reaction score
So true, but it was fun to watch. The Patriots way is to take what the Defense gives but sadly the last two games we didn't take anything. Defenses imposed their will on us and we had no answers until the game was out of hand, Ergo 31-3 in the 3rd quarter
Our coaching philosophy is to "stay the course". It pompous and idiotic.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
@WillieBeamen , @PAPPYDOG and their group hate the dink-n-dunk philosophy because it is opposite of their beloved Romo's way of playing football. This is what they fail to understand about winning football and taking what the opposing defense gives you. They want the gunslinging performance show at all costs because they get bored. ADD

:facepalm:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
@WillieBeamen , @PAPPYDOG and their group hate the dink-n-dunk philosophy because it is opposite of their beloved Romo's way of playing football. This is what they fail to understand about winning football and taking what the opposing defense gives you. They want the gunslinging performance show at all costs because they get bored. ADD

:facepalm:
I want a team and a QB to impose their will on defenses. Not “taking what the opposing defense gives you”.

This team is too mistake-prone for long methodical drives that end in Tds. They are too poorly coached.

As an aside, what top qbs do you know dink and dunk besides Brady?