Bring back Zeke and leave Tyler at guard

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you can’t find a LT then Tyler Smith to LT is obvious.

He’s good at it so this is a no brainer.

Praxit

Reaction score
..his rims are gone. All he has is factory Toyota left.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He couldn't get 400 yards.
Look I'm not advocating bringing him back but people are talking about bringing on guys like deonte foreman and Kareem hunt those dudes aren't any better and by the way zeke even on the back end of a year where he had to play eight games on a bad leg two years in a row had 900 yards and he had 12 touchdowns so somehow you think he can only get 400 yards?? I'd say if we keep adding to this list of people we should bring in as veterans and they keep being very similar to zeke why not bring back a lifelong cowboy and let him finish his career here? We're not talking about making him be the three down back he used to be but if he's here with a really good draft pick and just use zeke and short yardage goal line that kind of thing in for blocking he may only have 400 yards but a very efficient 400 yards and probably 10 touchdowns but the dude had 900 yards of back-to-back years on a bad leg but the 12 touchdowns we all said what's it say you all said Pollard got ripped off and if he was given the opportunity he could do that and no that was so untrue and so far from the truth..... If they use zeke in a rotation I don't see how it's any different than some of the other guys being mentioned here that are left they will be relying on the rookie and there's nothing wrong with that I mean you got Kansas City Chiefs has a seventh-round pick that's now their starter and back-to-back Super Bowls has been a factor...

What the front office is gonna do is try to draft the best running back they possibly can and they might bring in a veteran they did it last year with RoJo.. He ended up getting suspended so they just rolled with what they had but I believe if we draft a really good running back with the ones that we have left on this team this could be a good running back rotation but zeke would not be a bad guy to bring back if that's what their intentions were just to find a short yardage veteran just to take some snaps and tough yards off of the new kid...

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Did you watch him run? Dude became slow, his quickness and shiftiness aren’t there anymore. Not to mention our oline coach and scheme has made us regress running.

plymkr

Reaction score
ok. I like Zeke too. But his days of being RB1 are over. Vet minimum for RB3 is a possibility.
I’d do vet min for him to be RB3.

Also we don’t want Tyler playing G unless we have someone good playing T or Dak will get killed.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I think that would be wonderful. He already broke his back carrying the anchor, so the farewell tour with them both going out at the same time would be wonderful.
And when the guys get married and dak has his first baby they can name it little Dallas.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I don't want that fat has been in the stands let alone on the field. The past is the past people. Move on from him. Some day we will be able to move on from his awful contract.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have never understood the vitriol aimed at Zeke by this fan base. The dude gave this franchise everything he had. Exactly what we all would have wanted from him. But the notion that he "can't get 400 yards" is comical. He went over 600 yards last season as an RB2 behind a line that had to have ranked in the bottom 5 in the league. Much was made last year of the change in blocking scheme not suiting Pollard's running style. You know whose style it did suit? Yep.. Zeke Elliott. His style is far closer to Emmitt than Pollard's. I am not saying he could come in here and give us 1500 yards and 12 TDs but we all saw this team lose at least two games last season because they couldn't convert inside the 10 yard line. Zeke makes the team instantly better in that component of the game. Which I have it on good authority is kind of important. Zeke as the power back and RB2 makes sense for the right price. Hell it made sense LAST year but the front office was too stupid and stubborn to see it.

McMicah

Reaction score
This OP is literally the “Pepperidge Farm Remembers” skit from Family Guy