Bring back Zeke and leave Tyler at guard

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I can't recall, but who was our running back over 20 years ago in the 5-11 Campo era? We are running back multiple losers from that era so why not the RB too?
Chris Warren, Troy Hambrick.

Each better players then than Zeke is now.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I can't recall, but who was our running back over 20 years ago in the 5-11 Campo era? We are running back multiple losers from that era so why not the RB too?
Emmitt was the starting running back for all three of those seasons. He was still pretty good but not good enough to carry that horrid bunch. People fell in love with Hambrick, his backup, because he would occasionally come in and break off a big run when the defense was taking a breather (sound familiar?) then once Emmitt left and Hambrick was made the starter he found out what many of us already knew, he was not only nowhere near capable of replacing Emmitt but frankly not even a starting level RB.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I have never understood the vitriol aimed at Zeke by this fan base. The dude gave this franchise everything he had. Exactly what we all would have wanted from him. But the notion that he "can't get 400 yards" is comical. He went over 600 yards last season as an RB2 behind a line that had to have ranked in the bottom 5 in the league. Much was made last year of the change in blocking scheme not suiting Pollard's running style. You know whose style it did suit? Yep.. Zeke Elliott. His style is far closer to Emmitt than Pollard's. I am not saying he could come in here and give us 1500 yards and 12 TDs but we all saw this team lose at least two games last season because they couldn't convert inside the 10 yard line. Zeke makes the team instantly better in that component of the game. Which I have it on good authority is kind of important. Zeke as the power back and RB2 makes sense for the right price. Hell it made sense LAST year but the front office was too stupid and stubborn to see it.
Hes a number one with Zack and Tyler at guard permanently.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Been saying this for years too...

After his rookie year, some "more on" filled Zeke's ear with tales of superhuman strong RBs. Zeke worked out like mad and came back strong as he could be. But he lost the speed, explosion, and any bit of elusiveness that he had. Instead of making people miss, he'd seek out contact.

I can't say that he is washed, but his career was ruined by bad advice. That being said, he has pocketed $73,668,561. So what the heck do I know?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I really don't care if they bring Zeke back or not because all we can count on is if they don't they'll do something at least that bad or worse.
Then in the second round instead of drafting a running back we need we'll get another tight end, injured player, or someone with off field issues, mental or drug problems,
There's the right way to build a team the wrong way and Jerry's way
Jerry's way always includes some player that has a problem that Jerry thinks he can cure and make a star out of

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Look at Zeke's numbers for the last 3 years, It has progressively trended downward. If you want a RB that bad, go draft one with fresh legs and put him behind Zach and Tyler. No sense in signing Zeke to give you way less.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
with the kickoff rule change, maybe more RBs and LBs take spots on coverage rather than speed guys. So, maybe ST is a possibility for this 3rd or 4th RB.

kskboys

Reaction score
At this point, Dr. Dowdle is better. And he's a borderline backup.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at Zeke's numbers for the last 3 years, It has progressively trended downward. If you want a RB that bad, go draft one with fresh legs and put him behind Zach and Tyler. No sense in signing Zeke to give you way less.
If we don;t change our ways on run game blocking and scheme....we surely can ruin another RB.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we don;t change our ways on run game blocking and scheme....we surely can ruin another RB.
Right? It's the same way w/ our LB's, we ruin them by asking them to be superman, instead of building a stockade in front of them.

"Hey, coach, there's 5 players who meet me right when I get the ball."
"Well then just beat them."
"I can't beat that many defenders at one time, coach."
"Well, beat them anyway."