Bring it on Dak haters! *All Haters Merge*

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He missed some throws today that he should’ve completed. He also got away with a near pick six.
....and he also threw for 387 yards, 4 TD’s and a 2 pt conversion to win the friggin game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
....and he also threw for 387 yards, 4 TD’s and a 2 pt conversion to win the friggin game.

I’ve already pointed that out. Didn’t start this thread to hate on him. Just pointing out to another poster that no QB is going to be perfect.

Last edited:

foofighters

Reaction score
He balled out. It's just his consistency. We all know he CAN play, but I wanna see this Dak every week.
I agree. I get called out for hating on Dak but once the Dak jock sniffers figure out that I am in the middle of the debate, they disappear.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Danny White never got the personal Hate Dak gets .........

We didn’t have boards like this back then to gauge the hate a player got. Danny received a lot of hate but you would have to go back to the days of Quincy Carter to see a Cowboys QB who has received more hat from their own fan base than Dak.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not a Dak fan but he outplayed himself today. Hope he continues to play at a high level.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Dak was 27-44 for 387 yards and 4 TD’s with a clutch TD pass with time running down and a huge 2 point conversion to win the game. His 4 TD passes were a career high. Hate on!

But...but...but...he was playing against a team of JV players and three girls and he had a double protein shake and that's illegal and ANYONE can sling it 45 yards on the run to a spot the size of a hanky on 4th and 15 with the game on the line and it shouldn't have been 4th and 15 anyway and we should have won by 72 points even though the Giants were the favorites and besides it was really Aikman back there and he was wearing a Dak costume and Romo guided the ball into Beasley's hand using fly-by-wire and that 2 point conversion was a stupid play call and fire JG and Linehan is trash and Jerry....don't even get me started.

But I'm a Cowboys fan......

DFWJC

Reaction score
i’m pulling for Dak and think hes showing occassional signs of growth!

What I dont get is how people are placing so much on this borderline preseason week 17 game as if its some amazing thing. Even using this meaningless game to taunt some of those loud detractors.
Seems the bar has changed greatly

Certainly better than playing badly though...meaningless game or not.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

What I dont get is how people are placing so much on this borderline preseason week 17 game as if its some amazing thing. Even using this meaningless game to taunt some of those loud detractors.

Excellent play should be noted whenever it occurs. Not sure, but it has to be a confidence boost going out and winning without a running game and behind our 2nd string o-line. One can't buy confidence, so hopefully he received a nice injection from the Giants game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The game may have been meaningless in the standings but it wasn’t meaningless to Dak. He’s playing for a big contract which I believe is why the team played him the entire game. They wanted to see how he would perform when all the pieces weren’t around him. Listen to some of the comments Stephen Jones made on the radio the other day. They have to find out if Dak is worth a huge contract. There’s a lot of pressure on him to perform because he has many detractors like you who still appear to be hung on Romo.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The game may have been meaningless in the standings but it wasn’t meaningless to Dak. He’s playing for a big contract which I believe is why the team played him the entire game. They wanted to see how he would perform when all the pieces weren’t around him. Listen to some of the comments Stephen Jones made on the radio the other day. They have to find out if Dak is worth a huge contract. There’s a lot of pressure on him to perform because he has many detractors like you.
If you think I'm a detractor, you're wrong.
Far from it
If you think THAT was a pressure packed game...you're wrong again
Just being real here

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you think I'm a detractor, you're wrong.
Far from it
If you think THAT was a pressure packed game...you're wrong again
Just being real here

Every time he makes a great play you seem to downplay it. That was a pressure packed game, it was one of 16 on our schedule that gave us our 10th win. The game may not of mattered in the standings but it mattered to a lot of the players and coaches out there who are fighting to save their jobs. Dak is trying to prove he’s worth a huge contract that’s pressure! There‘s pressure in preseason and every regular season game. I’m not wrong about any of that.

jnday

Reaction score
When are these Dak-hater threads going to stop? This is ridiculous. Dak has some faults and pointing them out is not hating on him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When are these Dak-hater threads going to stop? This is ridiculous. Dak has some faults and pointing them out is not hating on him.

They’ll stop whenever the “Dak sucks” threads stop. I don’t see near as many of these as those.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Your right, fair criticism I think many of us like discussing, the over the top BS is what gets old.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The biggest argument is whether or not the high number of sacks are his fault or not. The haters magically blame all the sacks on Dak holding the ball too long which ironically Romo had the same problem in this scheme as well, however you can’t blame one person for everything unless you are biased and/or ignorant.

You could say well he can’t read defenses as well or he’s too conservative and therefore a larger percentage of the sacks are his fault, but not all of the sacks. So some hater gators say well 50% of the sacks are his fault.. Still too high.

You could argue 15-25% of the sacks are his fault but you’d still be wrong because there are too many factors being left out. What was called in the huddle? Did the defender hold, jam, or redirect the receiver? Did the receiver forget his assignment? Was Dak under pressure or was he getting hit while throwing the ball? Did the receiver break right instead of left or vice versa?

Does Dak and said receiver have enough time working together? No, only Beasley has the most time with Dak and he’s a shifty possesion receiver at best.

So what we’ve seen is growing pains and progress, steady progress. Almost as if the entire season was practice with eventual playoff implications and here we are.

Oh and by the way, Dak did it while getting saked more times than normal. Any other QB in history likely gets injured and doesn’t finish the season..

Oh but so and so wouldn’t have gotten sacked so much.. Rubbish, see Tony Romo’s back doctor because he’s the only other QB that has played in this scheme for a lengthy period of time, and we’ve already seen how that ended..

Dak is above average because he succeeded where no other QB has, in this limited offense with limited time with his new receivers, with limited time with new TE’s, and all while getting pummeled in the process..

Dak is your Daddy

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Where are all the Dak haters? :)