Video: Broaddus believes Earl will be a Cowboy **merged**

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You have it backwards. Seattle holds no cards, but they won't accept that fact.

Think FIRST! Thomas is under contract, his contract year. If Thomas sits for the entire year 2018 will not be an accrued year so he'll still be under contract for 2019. If he plays and can't come to terms on a long term contract Seattle can tag him for 2019. Seattle WILL NOT just release him. Thomas wants out of Seattle but unless some team give them what they want, he's not going anywhere. That is Seattle holding all of the cards. As long as a player is under contract they don't hold ANY cards.

ultron

Reaction score
I honestly think this would be the absolute biggest upgrade we could possibly make to this football team. Regardless of age, Earl is an elite player at a position we've been absolutely terrible at for over a decade.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
I wonder if earl is willing to pull a Joey Galloway and sit out the first 10-11 week’s then come back to get his accrued season.

erod

Reaction score
Think FIRST! Thomas is under contract, his contract year. If Thomas sits for the entire year 2018 will not be an accrued year so he'll still be under contract for 2019. If he plays and can't come to terms on a long term contract Seattle can tag him for 2019. Seattle WILL NOT just release him. Thomas wants out of Seattle but unless some team give them what they want, he's not going anywhere. That is Seattle holding all of the cards. As long as a player is under contract they don't hold ANY cards.
It is highly messy for Seattle to have a disgruntled veteran like Thomas in the locker room. He won't sit out. He'll show up to collect his check and sulk.

Dallas knows this. All teams know he wants to be here. There's no leverage for Seattle.

Trade him for a 3rd, or lose him for 5th comp on two years.

He's already mentally checked out of Seattle.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Most of our clueless fan base is like

KWtqv7G.gif

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It is highly messy for Seattle to have a disgruntled veteran like Thomas in the locker room. He won't sit out. He'll show up to collect his check and sulk.

Dallas knows this. All teams know he wants to be here. There's no leverage for Seattle.

Trade him for a 3rd, or lose him for 5th comp on two years.

He's already mentally checked out of Seattle.

Maybe in your fantasy football mind you don't think Seattle holds all the cards but in the real NFL football, the team, any team that has a player under contract holds all the cards. Carol won't put up with any behavior that disrupts the team and will fine any player that does. Players today have learned that the sulking players don't get the ultra big contracts from new teams until they prove they can behave and not be a problem and Thomas is smart enough to not go there. All of the sportswriters and talking heads on TV have given up on "the big trade" because most don't believe it will ever happen because of Seattle holding all the cards hasn't shown the slightest interest in backing down from their demand for what it will take to trade for Thomas. The longer he sits out the more Seattle will see who his replacement will do IF, that huge word, IF a team meets their trade demands. Lastly Thomas is part of a defensive backfield that has been loaded and a solid pass rush that oh by the way got the nick name of legion of boom and Thomas would not be the first player of defensive back that when not having the same talent around him did not preform to the same level he did when he had all of that talent around him. IF, that huge word again, IF a trade is worked out then I hope Thomas plays as good as he did with all that talent but I'll wait and see if he does before I start getting excited that he's in Dallas. BTW YOU may think Thomas has "mentally checked out" of Seattle, but he's smart enough to know Seattle holds all the cards so unless a team meets Seattle's demands he knows he's just might or probably will have to play at least 1 more season in Seattle.

erod

Reaction score
Maybe in your fantasy football mind you don't think Seattle holds all the cards but in the real NFL football, the team, any team that has a player under contract holds all the cards. Carol won't put up with any behavior that disrupts the team and will fine any player that does. Players today have learned that the sulking players don't get the ultra big contracts from new teams until they prove they can behave and not be a problem and Thomas is smart enough to not go there. All of the sportswriters and talking heads on TV have given up on "the big trade" because most don't believe it will ever happen because of Seattle holding all the cards hasn't shown the slightest interest in backing down from their demand for what it will take to trade for Thomas. The longer he sits out the more Seattle will see who his replacement will do IF, that huge word, IF a team meets their trade demands. Lastly Thomas is part of a defensive backfield that has been loaded and a solid pass rush that oh by the way got the nick name of legion of boom and Thomas would not be the first player of defensive back that when not having the same talent around him did not preform to the same level he did when he had all of that talent around him. IF, that huge word again, IF a trade is worked out then I hope Thomas plays as good as he did with all that talent but I'll wait and see if he does before I start getting excited that he's in Dallas. BTW YOU may think Thomas has "mentally checked out" of Seattle, but he's smart enough to know Seattle holds all the cards so unless a team meets Seattle's demands he knows he's just might or probably will have to play at least 1 more season in Seattle.
A coach can't fine a player for a sour attitude. Lol

Congrats, you're the only person that doesn't understand this.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know that they're different sports entirely, but, if you want to see what young unproven talent can do, see what England did this WC. They should be an inspiration for the Cowboys. They went all the way to the semifinal with a bunch of young players that had barely touched international football if not less than that for the most part. Yet, they did that. We are extremely similar to England in that regard. We have a bunch of players, including our captain like Kane, who are extremely young players, but have a significant amount of talent. So, before we write off the season and plead for big named talent, let's see what we can manage with our current squad. Like England, I think we could surprised.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
A coach can't fine a player for a sour attitude. Lol

Congrats, you're the only person that doesn't understand this.

Can't fine for sour attitude unless his attitude causes any disruptions or disrespects any coach or causes problems in classroom meetings or any other type of disruptive behavior. If a player is angry and keeps it to himself there's nothing a team can do about it, but if it causes ANY disruptive behavior then he can be fined. Again the NFL and it's teams don't go by your fantasy rules that players can do whatever without any fear of getting fined.

erod

Reaction score
Can't fine for sour attitude unless his attitude causes any disruptions or disrespects any coach or causes problems in classroom meetings or any other type of disruptive behavior. If a player is angry and keeps it to himself there's nothing a team can do about it, but if it causes ANY disruptive behavior then he can be fined. Again the NFL and it's teams don't go by your fantasy rules that players can do whatever without any fear of getting fined.
No, the CBA will not allow fines for any of that. Might want to study up. They can refuse to play him or cut him, but they can't fine him.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
No, the CBA will not allow fines for any of that. Might want to study up. They can refuse to play him or cut him, but they can't fine him.

It's you who needs to reread the CBA, if you actually read it in the 1st place. Under Article 42 Club Disapline, part (xv) Conduct detrimental to Club—maximum fine of an amount equal to one week’s salary and/or suspension without pay for a period not to exceed four (4) weeks.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I know that they're different sports entirely, but, if you want to see what young unproven talent can do, see what England did this WC. They should be an inspiration for the Cowboys. They went all the way to the semifinal with a bunch of young players that had barely touched international football if not less than that for the most part. Yet, they did that. We are extremely similar to England in that regard. We have a bunch of players, including our captain like Kane, who are extremely young players, but have a significant amount of talent. So, before we write off the season and plead for big named talent, let's see what we can manage with our current squad. Like England, I think we could surprised.
I dont want to ruin your parade here my friend. England really may have had the easiest route to the semi-final I have ever seen. If they ended up on the other side of the bracket, they wouldnt have made it past the quarters. Back on topic here though. Young teams need things that veterans provide. Our secondary is young, bringing in ET with his championship experience and vast knowledge of the game would be super beneficial for this team as a whole, also will help when Lee goes down having someone else back there that can set up the alignments lol

erod

Reaction score
It's you who needs to reread the CBA, if you actually read it in the 1st place. Under Article 42 Club Disapline, part (xv) Conduct detrimental to Club—maximum fine of an amount equal to one week’s salary and/or suspension without pay for a period not to exceed four (4) weeks.

Holy.....

Having a sour attitude is not "conduct detrimental to the club."

Good lord, dude.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the ‘hawks really want to unload him, the Cowboys brass just need to sit tight and play chicken. No offers until sea is desperate.

I’m not opposed to getting Earl T UNLESS it’s for anything higher than a 4th rounder...maybe even a 5th. He’s on the tail end of his career and he may be good for a couple more quality seasons but giving up a premium draft pick would be a mistake.

Make sea sweat.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You have to have cap room to put a franchise tag on a guy. Not only that but a guy that doesn't want to play there can cause locker room distractions by doing that

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I love this board, we can bicker between ourselves but we are like brothers, will not let anyone outside the family intervene unless it is CPANTHER, he is like one of us anyways. Lol