Video: Broaddus believes the Cowboys will make a move today

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
During halftime last night Adam Schefter said the Broncos have on the table a package deal which includes #1 draft pick for Chubbs the LB. Wonder if it’s Dallas and Jeudy is a part of this deal?

What would be the benefit of trading a 1 for Chubb? Would he split time with Micah? Be Demarcus Lawrence’s backup? He’s not an offball LB

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You didn’t listen to Schefter then. Package deal by the Broncos on the table which includes a number 1 and Chubbs is part of it. Idk if the fit is for us.

Its going to be a tough sell b/c both of those guys are about at the end of their cheap rookie contracts. Chubb is an UFA in 2 months. Jeudy is also due a big contract.

Ken

Reaction score
Y’all clearly have no idea what B. Chubb will cost. A minimum first round pick. Then some of you are talking about adding Jeudy on top of that. Throw in another second rounder minimum. Good luck w that
You have to understand....these guys are all used to raping the computer in Madden.

They think it is real life.

Reactions: JBS

quickccc

Reaction score
Prepare for an Eli Ankou type move.

I would hope we would go after a Denzel Mims, KJ Hamler or Kendrick Bourne type.

They should’ve been all over the Roquan Smith deal

- And i don't see Cowboys giving up premium picks and cap capital for a Ankou.
I think we have enuff edge pass rushers vying for time and role. Plus think about the future with Williams

- Imo, Cowboys gonna want to be spear-headed now and future, by those two guys at the edges in Parsons and " Sam I am " Williams.

- The aforementioned WRs seem more like depth type guys. But two of those i heard the club was once interested in per draft time.
and i flat just don't think we'll have reliable WR depth with Tolbert, Washington and IR-ed Fehoko.

- And if Lamb or Gallup get dinged and out ....
Those WRs could be late round trade picks considerations at best .

- Even if we splashed it with OBJ signing, his ACL recovery is gonna be so time consuming and stands a chance of him
not even be ready come playoff time. We really need the help and availability now.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Lol the Lambs won't sniff the first round until 2050 apparently.

Its a sound strategy: Instead of spending a 1st on a player who has a 50/50 chance of panning out in 4 years, spend 2 firsts on a player who is great right now, only just entering their prime. Your last 2 firsts have worked out great, but that isn’t always the case. Would you rather have CeeDee Lamb + Taco Charlton as rookies or Davante Adams? LVE + Ezekiel Elliot or Darius Shaquille Leonard?

Also factor in that Zeke was a top 5 pick. Micah was the 12th overall pick. LAR is expecting these picks to be late 20’s or early 30’s.

Obviously downside is cap ramifications, but I guess they have that covered….

quickccc

Reaction score
I can see them doing this. They would do this since the guaranteed money is on the Dolphins.

They could rework his deal or just cut him whenever without penalty.

He definitely fits here and he and Dak have a rapport.

i don't think Stephen will do that .... Ceddy just signed a 3 year 22 million dollar contract. ..which includes 7 million per year.
To which we'd have to pay out the next 2 years until that 2024 opt-out.

I don't see Stephen Moneyball taking that kind of contract for a 3rd WR.
And to one that really is Not special as a 3rd WR.

Just as you said, the Wilson camp and Cowboys would have to agree to totally re-do (not restructure) that contract.
Even Ceddy's cap hit would be costly.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/cedrick-wilson-25309/

Reactions: Ken

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need a CB. That would tell me that somebody has critically evaluated the roster. Joseph is going to be the undoing of this defense.

........... everybody wants the flashy players. This team wins with its defense. We should add to it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Its a sound strategy: Instead of spending a 1st on a player who has a 50/50 chance of panning out in 4 years, spend 2 firsts on a player who is great right now, only just entering their prime. Your last 2 firsts have worked out great, but that isn’t always the case. Would you rather have CeeDee Lamb + Taco Charlton as rookies or Davante Adams? LVE + Ezekiel Elliot or Darius Shaquille Leonard?

Also factor in that Zeke was a top 5 pick. Micah was the 12th overall pick. LAR is expecting these picks to be late 20’s or early 30’s.

Obviously downside is cap ramifications, but I guess they have that covered….
The Lions have their 2023 1st round pick and currently it's 14th overall. Stafford will be worse next year and the year after that, not better.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The Lions have their 2023 1st round pick and currently it's 14th overall. Stafford will be worse next year and the year after that, not better.

And the lions have been drafting top 10 for 30 straight years with nothing to show for it. There are gambles with every approach

The concept is still sound. Get a pass rusher, start slowing some of these offenses that are eating at their pass D. Right now the 7th seed in the NFC is, what, .500? Absolutely LAR could take that, then win a game against Atlanta or Seattle first round. Suddenly that pick is 24th

It may not happen that way, but the GM’s of these teams should push for the best possible outcome