Video: Broaddus believes the Cowboys will make a move today

shabazz

Reaction score
They better do something quick so Le-bron can get back on the Cowboys band-wagon. I’m going vegan until we can get his approval again

edit….had to add hyphens needlessly because the algorithm didn’t like one of these words

great work of protecting us from ourselves

infamousstyles

Reaction score
If it’s not a huge upgrade from Noah brown, then do not trade for a WR. Let Cedric stay in Miami and fix the glaring hole on defense. I’m hoping Jonathan Hankins helps with that, but maybe there is a cornerback out there that takes this defense to a new level.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Word is Panthers turned down 2 first for Burns from the Lambs, so maybe they are not into the firesale mentality. That could mean they have no interest in parting ways with Derrick Brown. On the other hand, if the Rams are so deperate... Could we offer them a player and then try to turn around that pick for another impact guy? Too bad Jerry's wheeler dealer days appear to be over, we need a younger more aggresive GM.

Plankton

Reaction score
many get mad without thinking that there is a limited salary cap, the cowboys cannot go for players in their last year of contract and that they expect to receive lucrative contracts, if they have let players go because they think they pay a lot for them, they do not go to get into more economic fights, more due to the contract they have with Dak.

What I see is that they are going to go for players like Denzel Mims, Jerry Jeudy, Elijah Moore, they are players who are on their rookie contract and who can have a 5-year option, these are viable options, that will not cost them much economically for at least 2 more years. I
am reading what they suggest to Derreck Brown? I do not know if he is available or they want to transfer him, but this is the type of player and ideal example for which you have to offer, he is in the same range, on a rookie contract and is still cheap for at least 2 more years, Dereck Brown It would be ideal but I doubt they want to transfer it, for me they go for a WR like the ones I name and a CB that this may be the surprise.

Mims and Moore are not eligible for the fifth year option because they weren't first round picks.

bdk76

Reaction score
Agreed.

Would you be ok with giving up next year's 1st round pick, or would you offer something less like a 2nd and another late round picks?

If two 1st round picks aren't on the table Carolina isn't even picking up the phone.

Plankton

Reaction score
The Panthers are not looking to trade Derrick Brown. Why would they? They have a young asset under a rookie level deal for a few more years, and he's a guy that is a building block for their defense. You don't trade guys like that - you look to get rid of a vet who won't be part of a rebuild.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Definetely, I just don't get how they manage to fit all those salaries, I remember it cost us dearly after the nineties dinasty to keep paying big chunks of cap to retired players. These days teams seem to turn around and dump their losses and rebuild in 3 or 4 years, look at Philly. They keep fitting big salaries via trades, wouldn't surprise me if they end up getting Kamara later today. IDK what we are doing wrong or why we are not doing more.

Im pretty sure it’s the goofy way they structure those contracts. Philly gave Wentz huge money and then cut him 2 years later and are fine. As long as the contracts are structured that way they can keep recycling the talent. Rams are moving guys out just as quickly as they’re bringing them in: Marcus Peters, Ndamukong Suh, Brandon Cooks, Dante Fowler, Robert Woods…

davey999

Reaction score
Sign William Jackson. We are an injury away from Nashon Wright playing significant snaps.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I was really excited about the whole “feverish” and “entertaining things” quotes from Jerry until I read that he ended the interview with “it’s more likely nothing happens than something happens.”

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
2024 & 2025
They (the Rams) missed out on Christian McCaffery because they couldn’t match the 49’ers deal because they didn’t have a 4th next year to offer.

Albert Breer said that today on the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. They badly wanted CMC but they didn’t have draft picks that were soon enough… specifically a 4th next year added in that the Niners did.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Other than some thinking the panthers are having a fire sale and us as fans wanting the player is there one report anywhere that says we are after Derrick brown?
Panthers should be having a fire sale. They currently are the 4th worst team in the NFL, they have no franchise QB, no Head Coach, they have holes in many places, plus this season is clearly finished for them.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Panthers should be having a fire sale. They currently are the 4th worst team in the NFL, they have no franchise QB, they have holes in many places, plus thus season is clearly finished for them.

only 2 games out of first in their division and while I agree they’ve said a few times they aren’t trading brown.

fansince68

Reaction score
No Jerry No. Don't make a move just for the heck of it. Half season rentals are fine but not at the expense of our draft picks rounds (1-4).

shabazz

Reaction score
No Jerry No. Don't make a move just for the heck of it. Half season rentals are fine but not at the expense of our draft picks rounds (1-4).

the NFC may not be as ripe for the picking as it is this season…….strike now and strike accurately and damn the cap consequences!