Twitter: Broaddus done as Cowboy employee

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol. I remember on the old boards we had a member called the emperor who had his own pod cast and eventually got on as a writer for someone. Was interviewing Cowboys players... Haven’t heard from him in a long time. I used to call in and be a guest on his show...
Yes, I know Emp, or "Mark", which was his real name. He's a nice guy. He's a writer for the CBS sports affiliates in Dallas, I believe.

remdak

Reaction score
If they were going to fire him for being negative, they would have done it a long time ago. It was probably something else. Maybe he just left on his own.
But, its not like I have any inside info, so who knows.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Maybe he just couldn't deal with Mickey anymore and they wouldn't move him to another show mid season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes, I know Emp, or "Mark", which was his real name. He's a nice guy. He's a writer for the CBS sports affiliates in Dallas, I believe.
That’s great, good for him he was a hard worker. He had a friend that did his pod cast show with him (can’t remember his name) but he passed away.

MaaS

Reaction score
It has always amazed me how that Jerry Jones doesn't really care much about how his site www.dallascowboys.com looks than he does. These idiot reporters that he hires are not worthy to work for a small town newspaper let alone the premier sports franchise in the world. The grammatical mistakes that regularly appear in their articles are embarrassing. But Jerry doesn't care.

Agreed. The quality of the writing is just pathetic. Mickey's overall style makes me cringe.

GMO415

Reaction score
I guess Anthony arrived at The Star....They sent BB to the corn field
7df801b7577709ca77d87fe0f5a76e85.gif

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
If Jesse Holley had not been fired for saying negative things about the team then I cannot see how Broaddus would be. However I could see how he got fed up with Mickey and they got into it behind the scenes.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Hopefully him and Dane Brugler team up again on the Athletic for the Draft Show. But it will be harder now that they don’t have access to team resources for film.

Silly

Reaction score
I want to hear more from Ambar. I also haven't seen Nate in a while. Nate is awesome.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
could Broaddus end up on the local 105.3 the fan very soon ? .. he's had frequent segments weekly on that station and they love his guest appearance -they even have a slogan for him:
" with Broaddus, ..it's not a Situation, .. it's an Investigation " ... something like that

Only something as serious if his reason for departure was harassment or misconduct related, that could have the station fearful of hiring him.
Hard to say, Derek said all nice things about him in a tweet, maybe he just wanted to leave or the compensation was not there.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Sounds like he might be going to The Athletic. Glad I got a sub there 2 years ago. Brugler, Sturm, Broaddus...they are buying up all the talent in every sport.

It would make sense that he gave a 2 week notice to the team. They pulled him from podcasts. When the Derek Eagleton, their boss, has nice things to say as you leave it’s probably not getting fired. Still wonder if this will be tied to Ben and Skin. Athletic may be making big moves.