Broaddus: I think the Cowboys are going to trade for a big piece

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
28:15 of the video. Broaddus just has a feeling a "big piece" is on the way and he leans for it to be on the offensive line.

Odd place for a "big peice". The starting OL is essentially set. Unless you are going to look at a guy like Ceasar Ruiz to be back up OG and OC

You could upgrade any position in the OL except Martin, but is that trade out there right now?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ar
Odd place for a "big peice". The starting OL is essentially set. Unless you are going to look at a guy like Ceasar Ruiz to be back up OG and OC

You could upgrade any position in the OL except Martin, but is that trade out there right now?
Are you joking? Its out biggest weakness on the team. Its exactly where we need a big piece.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
What team is crazy enough to deal a "big piece" Olineman preseason though? I'd love to see it happen, but the time to address that issues was April/May/June. I can see a depth or developmental piece being added, but more than that seems like a stretch.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ar

Are you joking? Its out biggest weakness on the team. Its exactly where we need a big piece.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ar

Are you talking about the starts or backups? The starting OL is fine until Smith gets hurt. Its the depth that is the issue. There really arent "big peices" out there that fix that. If they wanted to make that kind of move, they should have months ago

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Ar

Our starting 5 is not our biggest weakness. However, Olineman #6-10 is a disaster. I don’t see them trading for anybody that’s going to push one of the starting 5 to the bench. So that would most likely mean a backup player if they traded for an Olineman. Is that really considered a big piece? With all this being said, I have no confidence in this opinion being true.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are you talking about the starts or backups? The starting OL is fine until Smith gets hurt. Its the depth that is the issue. There really arent "big peices" out there that fix that. If they wanted to make that kind of move, they should have months ago
Exactly. Have to look at the oline with smith injured as its a given.

I agree on months ago.