Broaddus: I think the Cowboys are going to trade for a big piece

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They've already announced they are renovating the stadium. They are acquiring more big pieces of artwork. He just overheard the wrong conversation.

RS12

Reaction score
My guess since he played very well at LT they would be looking for a 2nd or higher. Which honestly I wouldn't hate at all. He could be your long term LT
The Jets OL is trash. I hsve heard him linked to the Jets.

Reaction score
If this is accurate, my guess would be they do something similar to what NY did amd trade for a 2020 first rounder who had their 5th year option declined. If you are going loose with definitions, you could call that a "big peice" based on 1st round pedigree. There are three that had their option declined

OT Mekhi Becton
OG(OC) Ceasar Ruiz
OT Austin Jackson

Honestly wouldn't hate trading for any of the three. Becton is probably out because he he has had a great TC/Preseason and is NY's starting RT
To me a quality swing tackle would be a big piece, not splashy enough for Jerry though, so maybe it's a linebacker or running back.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
every team in the league needs back up offensive linemen if teams have a good one they are not going to let it go unless they get a big return

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Big piece does sound like a pass rusher. As we know they only go cheap for an older vet so someone about 32 years old. Cheaper vet pass rusher that use to be very good. Hmm. What team might cut that vet for numbers but would want a 6th round pick for him?

coult44

Reaction score
Odd place for a "big peice". The starting OL is essentially set. Unless you are going to look at a guy like Ceasar Ruiz to be back up OG and OC

You could upgrade any position in the OL except Martin, but is that trade out there right now?
It’s set for now. Smith is not gonna last all season.

plasticman

Reaction score
Put the mike to Jerry's face and ask him about it, I guarantee a "big piece."

Sandyf

Reaction score
People need to check cap hits before naming players. Colts would have to take a $50 million cap hit to trade Nelson, just not going to happen.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We could use better players on the O line and at RB

Creeper

Reaction score
How often is Broaddus right? I am not suggesting anything, I am just curious how good his connections are.