Broaddus: I think the Cowboys are going to trade for a big piece

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Our starting 5 is not our biggest weakness. However, Olineman #6-10 is a disaster. I don’t see them trading for anybody that’s going to push one of the starting 5 to the bench. So that would most likely mean a backup player if they traded for an Olineman. Is that really considered a big piece? With all this being said, I have no confidence in this opinion being true.
Smith will get hurt so we need a lineman badly.

John813

Reaction score
What team is crazy enough to deal a "big piece" Olineman preseason though? I'd love to see it happen, but the time to address that issues was April/May/June. I can see a depth or developmental piece being added, but more than that seems like a stretch.

Yea, it's a big odd, as decent OLinemen go for a premium especially if they are of the Tackle variety.
Our starting 5 on paper is good/very good. So, I'm curious on what position they would trade for that would be worth the cost/upgrade?

Tyron is made of glass but LT is the most coveted position and Dallas has Tyler and Asim that may be able to fill that spot.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
28:15 of the video. Broaddus just has a feeling a "big piece" is on the way and he leans for it to be on the offensive line.

If this is accurate, my guess would be they do something similar to what NY did amd trade for a 2020 first rounder who had their 5th year option declined. If you are going loose with definitions, you could call that a "big peice" based on 1st round pedigree. There are three that had their option declined

OT Mekhi Becton
OG(OC) Ceasar Ruiz
OT Austin Jackson

Honestly wouldn't hate trading for any of the three. Becton is probably out because he he has had a great TC/Preseason and is NY's starting RT

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly. Have to look at the oline with smith injured as its a given.

I agree on months ago.
Don't disagree with you at all. There probably arent any real moves out there right now where you can plug the guy in to the starting lineup. There are probably a few that can add some decent depth with starting experience, but I wouldn't define that as a "big peice"

At this point they are pretty much married to a Smith being the LT. Ruiz may be a nice addition if we have to move Tyler over again.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
I’m convinced that Cowboy Roy only looks at offense then expect defense to close out games when all the resources have been put on the other side of the ball. Right now d line is going to be with a full starting group as Sam will be out. Need an edge guy to fill that role to at least get a full starting line and we’re talking backups on o line. If we get another o line player dont ask a deficient d line to make up for offense as they are full. I get that smith may get hurt but at least they are full with him if that makes sense

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Odd place for a "big peice". The starting OL is essentially set.
The front office and personnel i.e. collective GM think tank, should have already designated Tyron as a half starter. He will miss 8 or 9 games so they need either someone as a LT or LG assuming Tyler replaces him. Do I want to see Asim RIchards starting at LG this year? No. Although he has been decent.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

JayFord

Reaction score
Just this week my friend traded his 75 mustang mint condition for a 93 Nissan because the guy told him that 400k miles on a 30 year old car is fine because the car is vintage he just needs to patch up the back window