Broaddus is a a terrible host

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I tried NFL Networks coverage for the first time (on low volume or even muted most of the time) with the Draft show on my laptop, couldnt stand it.....ESPN aint much better, which is why I go with the Draft Show as my main outlet nowadays, but at least with ESPN its more what im used to.....NFL Network doesnt even have a chime or anything to alert a new pick, it was just so blah....

I swear after the 5th round they announced like 3 picks

sideon

Reaction score
Ya...I've listened to Norm/Sturm for draft coverage for years, and plan to keep it that way after hearing Broaddus for the first time this past month.

Sturm gets annoying after a while though, especially when he doesn't agree with a pick.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
And he obviously has no clue about Dallas likes....

Interesting pick with another RB. I would have liked to

and now Rico Gathers

No, that Taylor girl (what's her name) is terrible when she's hosts. Or talks.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I dont get how any of yall cant hate on Taylor....she's a young, hot and knowledgeable Cowboys fan....voice doesnt bother me, I welcome it actually......I would get it if she was ditzy, but she's not at all, she knows her stuff, and that just makes her ever the more hotter........

jnday

Reaction score
I like him. At least he has a point of view and doesn't think all fan opinions are invalid, like Mickey.

I have exchanged posts with him a time or two in different threads on this board and I found him to be a very reasonable guy. Most of the posts were concerning the oline before it was rebuilt and he was open to hearing my opinion and agreed on my points. He seems like an average kinda guy, but he gets a bad rap in this board.

sideon

Reaction score
I like that whole team, Broaddus included. They do a good job and give us insight, access we otherwise wouldn't have

Cavanaugh is awful, i liked him better when he was just a overnight sidekick.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I listen to him mostly because I'm hoping he'll tell us that story about the time the doctor told him about Jeremaiah Trotter's degenerative knee condition. That story's too good to just tell us the one time.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I listen to him mostly because I'm hoping he'll tell us that story about the time the doctor told him about Jeremaiah Trotter's degenerative knee condition. That story's too good to just tell us the one time.

Man..I can't wait to hear him tell that story again...and again..and again..and again..and.. :rolleyes:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I dont get how any of yall cant hate on Taylor....she's a young, hot and knowledgeable Cowboys fan....voice doesnt bother me, I welcome it actually......I would get it if she was ditzy, but she's not at all, she knows her stuff, and that just makes her ever the more hotter........

lol. Low standards.

For me, she overtalks everyone. Her knowledge is generic and she doesn't bring anything in depth. "I had a great talk with so and so!" "He's really good." Wow, impressive.

Last edited:

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I think he's the best talking head ondc.com by far.

ringmaster

Reaction score
His whiney voice gets annoying
Here's my take on Broaddus he has some good insight on players in general but he can be very annoying when it comes to getting his point across sometimes I'm listening to the Lunch Break and he is on this pow wow with Eagleton about the Smith pick, and Jack pick by the Jaguars he's is so convinced that Smith will never play here in Dallas like as if he's some damn doctor saying other team doctors said that he will never regain his nerve ending in the leg and to Eagleton, and Helman's credit the Cowboys team doctor knows more about Jaylon's future prognosis than any other doctor Broaddus claimed he talked to and Eagleton even countered with while Jack can play now he may not be able to play down the road due to a degenerative knee condition in the end if this particular doctor thought Smith couldn't play again he would've never been drafted we shall see.

shmee

Reaction score
Here's my take on Broaddus he has some good insight on players in general but he can be very annoying when it comes to getting his point across sometimes I'm listening to the Lunch Break and he is on this pow wow with Eagleton about the Smith pick, and Jack pick by the Jaguars he's is so convinced that Smith will never play here in Dallas like as if he's some damn doctor saying other team doctors said that he will never regain his nerve ending in the leg and to Eagleton, and Helman's credit the Cowboys team doctor knows more about Jaylon's future prognosis than any other doctor Broaddus claimed he talked to and Eagleton even countered with while Jack can play now he may not be able to play down the road due to a degenerative knee condition in the end if this particular doctor thought Smith couldn't play again he would've never been drafted we shall see.

I was so annoyed listening to him this morning. Fine, you would have done it differently. Fine you liked Jack more than Smith, but dam he was out to shut down anyone who's opinion differed from his. Wonder why he's not a scout with a team anymore. On the draft show yesterday he would not shut up, he would ask a question and then answer himself. I was interested in Dane Buglers opinions on picks but Broaddus was on his game. Annoying.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
She's cute not hot though. She does at least try to know something even if its just Broaddus parroted.

ringmaster

Reaction score
I was so annoyed listening to him this morning. Fine, you would have done it differently. Fine you liked Jack more than Smith, but dam he was out to shut down anyone who's opinion differed from his. Wonder why he's not a scout with a team anymore. On the draft show yesterday he would not shut up, he would ask a question and then answer himself. I was interested in Dane Buglers opinions on picks but Broaddus was on his game. Annoying.
Exactly and with that demeanor he displayed with Eagleton, he would've been shown the door too if I was a GM, it's one thing to disagree with someone but to say you're convinced that Smith will never play again is telling Dr. Cooper he's a liar if he thinks Smith will be able to play again if he likes Jack that much and nothing against him because he's a very good player and a nice kid maybe he should go and work for the Jaguars radio show.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I watched the Cowboys Break today and sure enough, there's Bryan shouting down anything that's to the contrary of his narrow views.

Once again:
...... but as soon as one of them starts to have good input, Fat-head Bryan cuts them off. He's that guy at work that won't shut up and you wish he'd get fired.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The one I miss is Rowan Kavner who now works for the Clippers. He was the only one that would acknowledge lying time and address it in that context. I get really tired with everything clubs say leading up to the draft being taken at face value.

Rowan used to go back and review what was said and point out what was misleading. Great journalism. These current guys still haven't interviewed Dr. Cooper.