Broaddus is a a terrible host

StylisticS

Reaction score
I tried NFL Networks coverage for the first time (on low volume or even muted most of the time) with the Draft show on my laptop, couldnt stand it.....ESPN aint much better, which is why I go with the Draft Show as my main outlet nowadays, but at least with ESPN its more what im used to.....NFL Network doesnt even have a chime or anything to alert a new pick, it was just so blah....

Honestly, I think they all get bored after the 4th round. They are like, just hurry up and end this. Even Norm and the Ticket talks about nothing once the sixth round comes around.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
wow you guys are ruthless.

Taylor Stern is like a 23 year old recent college grad who moved to a different state and got this awesome job with the cowboys. I don't get the hate on her in anyway. She gets better every show and with every roundtable video posted on the site. Geez.

I laugh at the guys calling her cute or not hot enough. Please, She wouldn't give any of us football junkies the time of day and we know it. Not sure what it matters but I see no possible way she is not what you would consider a Hot girl.

I think both the shows on the site are great. Brian like most scouts working in the media build their own draft boards and rankings, they then apply players to teams based on their own made up rankings and what they believe to be teams needs. Every year we see teams pick players who fit their scheme/locker room/team etc.....There is no such thing as one ranking fits all. So Brian every year and many others are baffled when they have a player in the top 40 and they go at 185 or whatever.

I used to listen to norm, I couldn't wait for norm's coverage but Bob Sturm has completely and utterly wrecked the tickets draft coverage. There is no bigger leader in the groupthink department than that of the Bob Sturm fandom. He literally 5 minutes into the pre draft coverage an hour before the draft started was already complaining about their picks, he had his whining all lined up before it even started. The rest of the hosts all bowed down to him and agreed. He is absurd. For years he has screamed for them to take players before they should be drafted and then most are players that have not worked out....He never talks about that and no one there challenges him on it. My favorite was a few years ago when he was flipping out demanding we take that nose tackle who had all kinds of dwi's and other assorted stuff......he wanted dallas to take him in the second round and If I remember correctly he ended up going in the 4th to Pittsburgh where he immediately got arrested and flunked out of the league.

Anyway the shows on the site still have better info than anyone not named Todd Archer or Babe Laufenberg which is why I listen.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Taylor Stern is like a 23 year old recent college grad who moved to a different state and got this awesome job with the cowboys. I don't get the hate on her in anyway. She gets better every show and with every roundtable video posted on the site. Geez.

I laugh at the guys calling her cute or not hot enough. Please, She wouldn't give any of us football junkies the time of day and we know it. Not sure what it matters but I see no possible way she is not what you would consider a Hot girl.

I think both the shows on the site are great. Brian like most scouts working in the media build their own draft boards and rankings, they then apply players to teams based on their own made up rankings and what they believe to be teams needs. Every year we see teams pick players who fit their scheme/locker room/team etc.....There is no such thing as one ranking fits all. So Brian every year and many others are baffled when they have a player in the top 40 and they go at 185 or whatever.

I used to listen to norm, I couldn't wait for norm's coverage but Bob Sturm has completely and utterly wrecked the tickets draft coverage. There is no bigger leader in the groupthink department than that of the Bob Sturm fandom. He literally 5 minutes into the pre draft coverage an hour before the draft started was already complaining about their picks, he had his whining all lined up before it even started. The rest of the hosts all bowed down to him and agreed. He is absurd. For years he has screamed for them to take players before they should be drafted and then most are players that have not worked out....He never talks about that and no one there challenges him on it. My favorite was a few years ago when he was flipping out demanding we take that nose tackle who had all kinds of dwi's and other assorted stuff......he wanted dallas to take him in the second round and If I remember correctly he ended up going in the 4th to Pittsburgh where he immediately got arrested and flunked out of the league.

Anyway the shows on the site still have better info than anyone not named Todd Archer or Babe Laufenberg which is why I listen.
With bold speak for yourself. Just because you think you couldn't get with her doesn't mean others can't or even want to. Its ok to like someone but can't get mad everybody don't share your opinion of her.

As for the rest I listen to all the Boys coverage on podcast and Norm on game days pre/post game when I'm able to.

btcutter

Reaction score
Exactly and with that demeanor he displayed with Eagleton, he would've been shown the door too if I was a GM, it's one thing to disagree with someone but to say you're convinced that Smith will never play again is telling Dr. Cooper he's a liar if he thinks Smith will be able to play again if he likes Jack that much and nothing against him because he's a very good player and a nice kid maybe he should go and work for the Jaguars radio show.

Broaddus isn't that bad. I rather have someone who's willing to voice his opinion even though it's not a popular one than Micky who's basically a Cowboy mascot and and wave his tail at JJ who could do no wrong. The problem is that the other people on the show couldn't or wouldn't stand up to Broaddus and give him a good argument. Of course Broaddus always goes back to "when I was scouting for...... or I know xxx...... or my experience....."

btcutter

Reaction score
Broaddus should come on CowboyZone and host a chat session. That would be fun!

Wood

Reaction score

I second that. Been listening to lunch break for about 3 years now and NOBODY is more improved than Taylor Stern. She is keeper and actually works to learn players and has special knack at deescalating things when Brian starts to bully others with his opinion. I would go nuts if I worked in scouting department and had to deal with likes of Broaddus. Don't get me wrong he provides incredible service to fans with draft show but he does not play nice in sand box with others and has issues keeping himself under control.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
With bold speak for yourself. Just because you think you couldn't get with her doesn't mean others can't or even want to. Its ok to like someone but can't get mad everybody don't share your opinion of her.

As for the rest I listen to all the Boys coverage on podcast and Norm on game days pre/post game when I'm able to.

If I were 15 I might find her cute or hot.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Your standard of better and mine are different I guess. She brings nothing but generic Cowboy talk. Guess that excites some people.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Your standard of better and mine are different I guess. She brings nothing but generic Cowboy talk. Guess that excites some people.

i guess so. I don't expect a 23 year old college graduate from new mexico who works in the social media department to break down players and film like Ron Jaworski. But hey thats just me.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Uh Yeah I am a little too old for her. I think of her as a kid who just got an awesome job last year and is just getting started.

btcutter

Reaction score
I think most of us are just jealous that they get PAID to cover the cowboys.....probably something we would do for free.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head. A woman that talks sports that doesn't look like Shrek gets bonus points soooo easy lol. I think she is better than Sydney who really was just there but she doesn't bring much but parroted Broaddus points. I wouldn't even mind if it was just nick, bryan, and derrick tbh. I think she is better than Lindsey though she doesn't even bring what Taylor brings.