Twitter: Broaddus is skeptical OL coach is replaced

JeffInDC

Reaction score
The odd thing about all this as that Philbin was once considered a REALLY GOOD OL Coach...that's where he cut his teeth in the (w/ GB under both Sherman and McCarthy)

J12B

Reaction score
One of McCarthy's guys.

Makes sense

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm fine with him coming back in all honesty. Wouldn't have been too upset if he left either though. Thought he did a fantastic job year 1, Oline severely under achieved year 2. Question becomes is it age/talent on the Oline or is it a coaching issue....I tend to lean more towards the talent concerns. That said though it felt like Biadasz and CW both regressed. Smith/Collins situations may run deeper than coaching issues though. Tough one to really say the issue is X or Y, feels its a combination of the two. Find out what worked and keep some continuity, change out the rest. My guess is if you keep the OL coach you are making a commitment to bringing in a couple new pieces for week 1.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Wash Rinse Repeat. Jerrah was really "mad" for like 2 days or so, and now he's pleased as punch. Thats the last 26 years right there. His inaction is why we are here.0 accountability.
Jerrah not bringing in anyone he does not feel comfortable with. He is living his dream. Jerry is the star of the Dallas Cowboys. He has sucked up all the media attention because he was upset we lost.:laugh:

quickccc

Reaction score
if Cowboys were adamant about replacing and upgrading the OL coach role, ..it would have already been done by now, imo..

And i would've thought OL coach Mike Munchak's name would've came up immediately as Munchak is regarded as one of the best OL coaches in the NFL, .
... but he runs and believes in a man up-power scheme game, (ditto with Marc Columbo) while McCarthy believes in a zone block scheme., which he fully operated at with GB.
.and from all accounts will continue to do so.

Thus Munchak may have been released based on OL scheme and philosophy alone. New Denver HC Hackett is a descendant from the GB school of OL and likely
may strongly prefer that GB way of OL scheme.

- i thought if MM was pushed to replace his OL buddy Joe Philibin, while keeping the zone scheme he strongly prefers, then another coaching option would have
been another offensive assistant James Campen who was his OL coach at GB since the mid 2000's - but i have not heard about Campen's dismissal from the Texans,
if new HC Lovie Smith had preferred to.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm fine with him coming back in all honesty. Wouldn't have been too upset if he left either though. Thought he did a fantastic job year 1, Oline severely under achieved year 2. Question becomes is it age/talent on the Oline or is it a coaching issue....I tend to lean more towards the talent concerns. That said though it felt like Biadasz and CW both regressed. Smith/Collins situations may run deeper than coaching issues though. Tough one to really say the issue is X or Y, feels its a combination of the two. Find out what worked and keep some continuity, change out the rest. My guess is if you keep the OL coach you are making a commitment to bringing in a couple new pieces for week 1.
we all crowned philbin for being a guru by midseason because Steele was much improved. Now we wanna can him? This is 1 move I'm not gonna get mad at. He's a decent Coach. Are there better? probably..but hey.

Sydla

Reaction score
As I said, the next time any of you seem impressed by Jerry's passion and desire to win, remember how upset he was after we lost to San Fran.

He was so upset and bothered by what happened, he did absolutely nothing to fix some of the issues facing the team, the OL being one of them.

He thinks he and his son will work their magic come March and April with their bargain bin FA signings and the draft.

But let's be clear here. We are running back the exact same staff and we have cap constraints that makes it unlikely we can keep many of our FAs. The case can clearly be made that the team next year will actually be less talented than this one.

Well done, Jerry. You fool.