Twitter: Broaddus is skeptical OL coach is replaced

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It wasn't just the 49ers, our OL was mostly ineffective for like 8-9 games with most defenses running a 4-base/shell coverage defense. We couldn't figure out how to beat that? Blame who you want but college offenses are more effective against those defensive alignments. Common football stuff.

I don't disagree and have said I think LG and Center are areas that DC exploited, getting pressure and penetration right up the middle is pretty hard to deal with and then having big plays come back because of holding. Cowboys made a mid season switch and that failed to produce. My view is we need to upgrade the G and C spot. As for the OL coach, that rest with McCarthy and it is on him. coaching staff failures fall at the feet of the HC.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
" I personally have put a lot of time and effort into getting comfortable with all these new faces, and I'm not doing it again so soon."

-Jerry-speak interpreted.

quickccc

Reaction score
-
I'm fine with him coming back in all honesty. Wouldn't have been too upset if he left either though. Thought he did a fantastic job year 1, Oline severely under achieved year 2. Question becomes is it age/talent on the Oline or is it a coaching issue....I tend to lean more towards the talent concerns. That said though it felt like Biadasz and CW both regressed. Smith/Collins situations may run deeper than coaching issues though. Tough one to really say the issue is X or Y, feels its a combination of the two. Find out what worked and keep some continuity, change out the rest. My guess is if you keep the OL coach you are making a commitment to bringing in a couple new pieces for week 1.

- None of the Connors have developed into cornerstone players - and that's with the team investing high draft picks in them.

- Biadasz was McCarthy's hand picked choice, an ex-Dave Rimington award winner, he also never developed. He’s just decent enuff to get by until we get much better.

- Dak seems to be running for his life and having to rush too many passes in too many games, the run game just went totally south off the cliff, and I never understood
why our RBs are getting blindsided in the backfield for losses as often as they do.

- My problem with the OL coach situation, is it seemed like we had better OL production with Marc Columbo in 2019;
We protected very well (2nd in NFL in fewest sacks) ..and were 5th in NFL in rushing,.. but MM had to have his buddy and his OL zone system.

willia451

Reaction score
Some of the players on the OL need to be replaced.

Agreed. With Dak at QB a top tier OL is a must. If he doesn't have one it gets in his head real easy and there goes the offense.

J_Allen

Reaction score
sorry but 12-5 is not incompetent. Believe me I want more but I don't see Dallas as a bottom feeder this past season. I do think more needs to be done obviously but I sure as hell would not be ditching coaches after putting together a pretty good season. How they are able to elevate this team to the next level or not will determine everything.

Mike Nolan was incompetent and so is Philibin.

McCarthy is proving that also because the penalty situation never got addressed. We were a sloppy team who shot ourselves in the foot every game and he did nothing to fix it.

Yeah we were 12 and 5 but if we had played better teams all year we probably be 7 and 10. How many good teams did we beat? One or two. And then we showed up to the playoffs and laid down. Again.

12 and 5 means next to nothing

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike Nolan was incompetent and so is Philibin.

McCarthy is proving that also because the penalty situation never got addressed. We were a sloppy team who shot ourselves in the foot every game and he did nothing to fix it.

Yeah we were 12 and 5 but if we had played better teams all year we probably be 7 and 10. How many good teams did we beat? One or two. And then we showed up to the playoffs and laid down. Again.

12 and 5 means next to nothing

every team plays several bad teams on their schedule. If McCarthy choose to replace Philibin then he should do it, as for his ability as OL coach, he seems to have gotten through to Steele who looked much improved over the season before. You can blame the coach but the player still has to perform and produce and Williams and Biadasz did not produce

J_Allen

Reaction score
every team plays several bad teams on their schedule. If McCarthy choose to replace Philibin then he should do it, as for his ability as OL coach, he seems to have gotten through to Steele who looked much improved over the season before. You can blame the coach but the player still has to perform and produce and Williams and Biadasz did not produce

Yeah you are correct, it was those two.

We need to get better overall. After three games if we average more than 10 penalties per game, or maybe even seven or eight, he needs to be shown the door. Unacceptable. It's not something you wait a year to fix. It's the same thing as having your house on fire. You don't wait till it's burned down, as in the season over, before you address it. You fat idiot.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah you are correct, it was those two.

We need to get better overall. After three games if we average more than 10 penalties per game, or maybe even seven or eight, he needs to be shown the door. Unacceptable. It's not something you wait a year to fix. It's the same thing as having your house on fire. You don't wait till it's burned down, as in the season over, before you address it. You fat idiot.

I don't disagree. I think Williams who is a FA will not be back. Biadasz this was his 1st season starting and is still under rookie contract but I certainly would bring in someone to compete for the job, but no way can I have my interior OL getting pushed back and beaten as often as they were.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Yeah it looks like he might be staying. Probably helps his case with the coordinator staying.

An offseason of same.
Nah, wait until the proclamations come about being "a physical, imposing team, a power team, lean on them until the break." Coupled with a Zeke workout video where he trucks a stationary inflatable weeble wobble, we will be superbowl favorites in the FO and only need role players.

Wait....