Twitter: Broaddus is skeptical OL coach is replaced

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And a new OC, new HC, new ST coach, new Strength and conditioning coach, new QB, New RBs, and on and on and on. Very easy to forget this team actually won 12 games last year, and some things actually went OK.

LOL ...so true

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He hires his friends, no matter how bad they are at coaching.

I am so done with this team.

as do most HC who get hired, they bring in coaches they know and have worked with that is not something McCarthy invented it is pretty much the norm.

Rayman70

Reaction score
In my view with the OL Williams was never able to elevate his game, he did alright but as we saw especially with issues at center he struggled with holding. When you had Looney there a vet center he could help take some pressure off Williams but with Biadasz having issues as well it caused a lot more problems. I could say it was all Philban or I could just say that these 2 players have not produced as they were expected to.
Williams has been a disaster really. Likely costs us 1 game per year due to his holding calls.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
We had a great Oline coach in Columbo.. But he was working them to hard and pushing them to much:laugh: Jerry loves his soft coaches. Bring Columbo back:angry:

Thomas82

Reaction score
As I said, the next time any of you seem impressed by Jerry's passion and desire to win, remember how upset he was after we lost to San Fran.

He was so upset and bothered by what happened, he did absolutely nothing to fix some of the issues facing the team, the OL being one of them.

He thinks he and his son will work their magic come March and April with their bargain bin FA signings and the draft.

But let's be clear here. We are running back the exact same staff and we have cap constraints that makes it unlikely we can keep many of our FAs. The case can clearly be made that the team next year will actually be less talented than this one.

Well done, Jerry. You fool.

It's very depressing to think about. I almost next season to be a carbon copy of this one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Williams has been a disaster really. Likely costs us 1 game per year due to his holding calls.

I agree and that is why Dallas replaced him with McGovern and that did not work out. We can blame the coach but then explain the improvement in Steele? Players are also accountable, and with Williams hitting FA I doubt the Cowboys put much of an offer if any to retain him. I do think OL and DL will be focal points this off season.

ESisback

Reaction score
bingo. He really has sour grapes and I try to take anything he says Dallas Cowboy related with 2 grains of salt. Not sure what happened exactly, but u can def. see some negative vibes when he talks about the team and .F.O
So the obvious question is ‘why ask him?’ We all know the answer. Snarky, negative, dumpster fire drama, especially when it concern iconic brands, is a best seller.

It’s obvious to everyone what needs to be done, and if they don’t, that confirms the notion that Jerry’s priorities rank differently than us Shmoes.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree and that is why Dallas replaced him with McGovern and that did not work out. We can blame the coach but then explain the improvement in Steele? Players are also accountable, and with Williams hitting FA I doubt the Cowboys put much of an offer if any to retain him. I do think OL and DL will be focal points this off season.
Steele put in the work. Im proud of the kid. He has desire. Collins use to, but he has lost the want to. Yes, I think philbin made a difference with Steele. I think he's very coachable. I think Collins is a made man and likely is what he is at this point.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So the obvious question is ‘why ask him?’ We all know the answer. Snarky, negative, dumpster fire drama, especially when it concern iconic brands, is a best seller.
Because they pretend its objective and they all know his answer is tainted a little with his own bias.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Steele put in the work. Im proud of the kid. He has desire. Collins use to, but he has lost the want to. Yes, I think philbin made a difference with Steele. I think he's very coachable. I think Collins is a made man and likely is what he is at this point.

Frankly my big concern is LG and Center. I think with Looney in the lineup you can cover some warts on the inside but when your center is getting driven back he is in no position to help out with the guard. Easier said than done but I correct the issues up the middle 1st and foremost beginning with center.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I would like more power for the running game but I don't get why Philbin is being called out.

We were getting a lot of play outside and off tackle until Pollard got nicked. We were never going to get a lot push with McGovern/Williams and Biadasz.

The pass protection had issues but I didn't see a lot of free runners without hot reads. I saw got guys getting beat and holding.

Throw in the marked improvement in Steele and I don't get it.

The coaching issues in my mind are the coordinator not being able to sustain his innovations past the first quarter of the season. We've seen all that motion, misdirection, and WCO short passing game in the fall only to see a gutted vanilla shell by the solstice.

Dak had serious problems and a significant portion was his mechanics. That falls to the QB coach.

Overall though if we were to go back to last summer and what people's expectations were this whole teeth gnashing zeitgeist lacks self awareness.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Frankly my big concern is LG and Center. I think with Looney in the lineup you can cover some warts on the inside but when your center is getting driven back he is in no position to help out with the guard. Easier said than done but I correct the issues up the middle 1st and foremost beginning with center.
tend 2 agree. We are soft inside.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tend 2 agree. We are soft inside.

we are soft on the left side, Martin is still getting it done. However DC know where to lineup their studs on the inside and they are presenting big problems in run blocking and pass protection.

stiletto

Reaction score
Next year is going to be the Einstein year. Doing everything the same way over and over and expecting different results. Not enough fall out for our OLine not being able to block a 4 man box the second half of the season. That's just ridiculous even if we were banged up. Couldn't make'em pay for the run game with a 4 man rush? Insane. People should've definitely been fired..

Rayman70

Reaction score
I
if we draft penning at LT, we can leave Steele at RT and move Collins back at LG where he is an upgrade. Then we need to draft a Center. Or sign 1.