Twitter: Broaddus is skeptical OL coach is replaced

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In my view with the OL Williams was never able to elevate his game, he did alright but as we saw especially with issues at center he struggled with holding. When you had Looney there a vet center he could help take some pressure off Williams but with Biadasz having issues as well it caused a lot more problems. I could say it was all Philban or I could just say that these 2 players have not produced as they were expected to.

100%.....we have to keep in mind sometime position coaches are forced ( GM, head coach or coordinators ) work limited talent.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Next year is going to be the Einstein year. Doing everything the same way over and over and expecting different results. Not enough fall out for our OLine not being able to block a 4 man box the second half of the season. That's just ridiculous even if we were banged up. Couldn't make'em pay for the run game with a 4 man rush? Insane. People should've definitely been fired..

Dallas was not the only team who had fits vs San Fran 4 man rush. Not often I see Rodgers planted on his butt 5 times in a game and unable to put up points. I don't excuse the OL and this must be addressed but I will also tip my hat to the 9ers who did a hell of a job up front with their DLine.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
100%.....we have to keep in mind sometime position coaches are forced ( GM, head coach or coordinators ) work limited talent.

you got to take the training wheels off on some of these player and see if they sink or swim. I think we saw with Williams the ceiling was just so high and Biadaz I'm not sure but I think we better have another option at center instead of seeing if he can improve

fivetwos

Reaction score
Whatever.

If Philbin makes a starter of Farinok I can forgive quite easily.

lk8701

Reaction score
Yeah it looks like he might be staying. Probably helps his case with the coordinator staying.

An offseason of same.

Jerry is just waiting for Sean Payton next offseason. No point making any changes with this lame duck staff.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If anybody expects anything other than a repeat of the last 4 years Jerry has you on his hook

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The best thing to do with something that is a failure is to not change it.
-Jerry Jones.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this has to be the most inauspicious start to the offseason in quite a while,got to give it Jerry and his idiot son.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
As I said, the next time any of you seem impressed by Jerry's passion and desire to win, remember how upset he was after we lost to San Fran.

He was so upset and bothered by what happened, he did absolutely nothing to fix some of the issues facing the team, the OL being one of them.

He thinks he and his son will work their magic come March and April with their bargain bin FA signings and the draft.

But let's be clear here. We are running back the exact same staff and we have cap constraints that makes it unlikely we can keep many of our FAs. The case can clearly be made that the team next year will actually be less talented than this one.

Well done, Jerry. You fool.

I don't even expect playoffs next year. Rolling with the same team (minus a few starters, probably) with the addition of a couple new scrubs? But all offseason we'll hear about how this player has "gotten healthy" or that player has had time to "get right". I don't expect they will even bother serving Kool-aid this offseason. "The cap is a real thing"...that's probably going to be the highlight of the offseason.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why change anything, we made the playoffs, we're still the most valuable franchise, still tops in TV ratings, merchandise sales are through the roof, what more can any fan want, clearly there is nothing to improve on :facepalm:
Stay the course, stay the same. :rolleyes:

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Every coach that has ever been hired at any level wanted to be surrounded by assistants they trust and have experience with. But when Mike hires one that he won a championship with its just hiring a “friend” according to broaduss. Annoying. Doesn’t mean I’ll be mad to see Philben replaced but its not like Joe was Mike’s gardener and he decided to give him a job with the dallas cowboys.