Broaddus is such a joke

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Scouts change opinions like politicians. Just the nature of scouts. Just take some of his insight and merge it with the info you already have and come to your own conclusion.

kskboys

Reaction score
Scouts change opinions like politicians. Just the nature of scouts. Just take some of his insight and merge it with the info you already have and come to your own conclusion.
Insight? Sorry, haven't seen any of that from him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love how this guy calls himself a scout. Here is his latest. He was big on telling fans Smith and Gregory were never going to play for the Cowboys. Set aside the scout stuff and listen to what he says. Guy is nearly never right.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-notebook-defensive-difference-makers

I would just ignore most "reporters" that are always wrong; however, Broaddus is able to set the narrative on many topics because fans and other media parrot what he says as if it's fact.

JustChip

Reaction score
Can't always be right, lots of fans disliked both of those picks, either one succeeding is a tremendous comeback story and the safe bet has always been against them. He admits when he's wrong after he's been proven wrong and doesn't hold it over them, as his praise in the linked article demonstrates. He admits he wasn't an all star scout and admits there's a reason he's in the radio booth and not a war room anymore. Idk what more people want from the guy.

I think his only "crime" is being in a position where his opinions are highly visible for a cruel, at times insufferable, fan base.

I neither like or dislike the guy but I appreciate the effort he puts forth and would rather have him as my GM than the armchair scouts on forums that whine about him.
Is that you Bryan?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
He watches, analyses, gives a knowledgeable opinion, and gets stuff wrong. I like it. Everyone else I see on TV watches highlights, doesn't give a knowledgeable opinion, and gets it wrong.

EGTuna

Reaction score
I enjoy Broaddus, but I just wish his nevk wasn't so needle thin. It’s distracting.

Angus12

Reaction score
I take it Broaddus is no longer a member here? Considering he's being bashed now and not fluffed like he used to be when he was a member.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Insight? Sorry, haven't seen any of that from him.
He knows what organizations and coaches want in players from the scouting perspective. Is that to say hes some great scout? No but you cant discredit his experience.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
He knows what organizations and coaches want in players from the scouting perspective. Is that to say hes some great scout? No but you cant discredit his experience.

I heard he likes to poison fish heads

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Broaddus is alright. He gives insight into what goes on inside the inner circle. Yes. He does have opinions that often prove to be wrong, but so do all the so called experts, former players, and former GMs. Use what he says as an insight into the evaluation process. Regardless of how good of a scout he was, he was there and does possess knowledge very few will ever have.

rpntex

Reaction score
There’s a reason he’s an ex-scout. That said, not everyone’s always right and he always admits if he’s wrong, can’t say that about most reporters. He's still interesting to listen to knowing he’s got NFL scout experience

The “reason” he’s an ex-scout is because it is his choice. He’s had other opportunities since Parcells let him go in ‘05, but he chose to stay in Dallas rather than move away from his kiddo (Parcells made that change right after his son was born). He chose to stay in Dallas and be a full time dad.

rpntex

Reaction score
I love how this guy calls himself a scout. Here is his latest. He was big on telling fans Smith and Gregory were never going to play for the Cowboys. Set aside the scout stuff and listen to what he says. Guy is nearly never right.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-notebook-defensive-difference-makers

Seriously? 90% (or more) of the folks involved with the NFL in any capacity shared his opinions about both Smith and Gregory. That he was wrong about those two puts on an even tier with most top-level scouts.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Is or was anyone here a scout for the NFL. Thank you.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Seriously? 90% (or more) of the folks involved with the NFL in any capacity shared his opinions about both Smith and Gregory. That he was wrong about those two puts on an even tier with most top-level scouts.

You need to re-learn your math. Assign some probabilities to various scenarios. Link those probabilities to get the cumulative probability. When you look at Broaddus’ forecast record you will see he is amazingly poor at predictions. I mean, really, really, really bad. This idiot was screaming for Chaz Green to play G last year. The guy is a buffoon. Also listen to the disdain he has for fans that call in and disagree with him. I used to like him.

GMO415

Reaction score
He's taught me so much about the X & O's of the game, and his Draft Show is a blast during the off season. He's not Micky, he always admits he's wrong, as he's done multiple times about Gregory and Jaylon this off season.

His job is to report on the cowboys, that includes opinions. Sometimes they're wrong. Who cares. Are you going to black list Eatman because he's saying Earl Thomas to Cowboys will happen if it doesn't?
offense1.jpg

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Broaddus is worse than Mickey Spagnolia and that is saying a lot. Mickey's ranch reports on The Ticket were awful. Broaddus is also very insecure. When someone calls in and disagrees with him, he gets really defensive and starts flashing his credentials and letting them know how smarter he is than them. Nothing redeeming about him at all.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Broaddus' issue going back 20 years(which is why he isn't a scout now), is that he gets a preconceived notion on what a player ought to be and he never budges off that..til the bitter end. A good GM/SCOUT has flexibility..HE DOES NOT. He says he does,but he is a "height, 40 yard dash guy" ..meaning...if he had his way he would draft 11 Byron jones'. Ok players..not busts..but not off the charts great. He is like 7 up..never had it,never will. Got to take Bryan with a grain of salt. Its well known he and Mickey Spags like them SOME THEM. They love to hear themselves speak..and the more they do,the more you quickly realize they are wanting to be the smartest dude in the room...which they aint.