Broaddus: Keep an eye on Mike Zimmer

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
FYI.......the Vikes 2021 defensive rankings. Keep in mind, he'll have some different talent here, so that could impact his scheme a bit

https://vikingsterritory.com/2021/g...bers-vikings-defensive-rankings-after-week-14

• 1st in Sacks
  • 5th in Defensive 3rd Down %
  • 10th in Completion % Allowed
  • 12th in Passing Defense DVOA
  • 15th in 1st Half Points Allowed
  • 16th in Defensive EPA/play
  • 16th in Rushing TDs Allowed
  • 16th in INTs per Pass Attempt
  • 17th in Takeaways
  • 19th in Defensive DVOA
  • 20th in Yards per Point Allowed
  • 21st in Passer Rating Allowed
  • 23rd in Points per Play Allowed
  • 23rd in TDs Allowed
  • 23rd in Passing TDs Allowed
  • 25th in Points Allowed
  • 25th in Redzone TD % Allowed
  • 25th in Yards per Pass Allowed
  • 25th in Passing Yards Allowed
  • 26th in Rushing Defense DVOA
  • 26th in Yards per Play Allowed
  • 27th in Rushing Yards Allowed
  • 27th in 2nd Half Points Allowed
  • 28th in Defensive 4th Down %
  • 28th in Defensive Penalty Yards
  • 29th in Yards Allowed
  • 30th in Defensive Penalties
  • 31st in Yards per Rush Allowed

Plankton

Reaction score
He did have some success with pass rushers in Minnesota. Lesser guys too, like Hunter or Griffen. Has always had a stout DL.

I am also worried he wouldn't be very imaginative in how to use Parsons, though. And we all remember our CBs playing 1000 yds off the receivers, but maybe he stopped that

Zimmer did have a somewhat similar player to Parsons in Anthony Barr, who managed to make four Pro Bowls in Minnesota.

ESisback

Reaction score
Doesn’t really matter who we get, there’ll be a large contingent SCREAMING how bad of a choice it was.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rather have whitt than Zimmer at this point. Zimmer runs a scheme like Marinelli and we don't have the DL or LB's to not completely suck. Need someone more innovative, find ways to scheme guys around and take advantage of the skills they have.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I’m a Zimmer fan, but it has to be Fangio if they think they’re in the hunt for a ring. He’s a great schemer and has experience running multiple fronts with success.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Zimmer did have a somewhat similar player to Parsons in Anthony Barr, who managed to make four Pro Bowls in Minnesota.

Exactly........I'm 100% confident he would continue use Parsons the same as Quinn. I'm also 1000% confident MM and Jerry will not hire him otherwise. Keep in his former DC is alreay on staff, so I'm they'll work together to keep the working concepts and tweak what didn't work as well.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
For All the get fangio guys.....he actually has to want to come here. Rumors are that him and harbaugh could link up again if he returns to the nfl. Possibly in Vegas. Beyond that he has multiple other options and the league is a relationship based business.

Do McCarthy and fangio have any relationship at all?

Mannix

Reaction score
I was wondering when his name would come up....hell no!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Also while I’m not a huge zimmer fan....stop talking about this guy like he’s some *******. He’s still highly respected. as a defensive mind across the league as a coordinator. As a coach he’s ehhh but as a DC he’s highly respected.

He’s also ran and coached multiple fronts and schemes this idea that he’s just a one trick pony is wrong.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
For All the get fangio guys.....he actually has to want to come here. Rumors are that him and harbaugh could link up again if he returns to the nfl. Possibly in Vegas. Beyond that he has multiple other options and the league is a relationship based business.

Do McCarthy and fangio have any relationship at all?

No they do not ........you're exactly right about he and Harbaugh. Besides, like you said, we don't even know if he'd wanna come here.