News: Broaddus: Odell Beckham Jr. would put Cowboys 'step for step' with Eagles

Doomsday101

Reaction score
“Go get Odell Beckham because he’ll go get the football,” Broaddus said (13:08 in player above). “Who on this team goes and gets the football? Who runs those dangerous inside routes and goes and snatches the ball on the fly and takes off running?”

The Cowboys have a solid receiving group headlined by CeeDee Lamb and Michael Gallup, but OBJ would add another dimension to the offense.

“You haven’t had a guy on that team to go and snatch a ball since Dez Bryant was here last, just comes flying across the middle knowing bodies are all over the place, reaches his hands out, doesn’t let the defender get on behind him and knock the ball down,” Broaddus continued. “This guy’s a bad ball catcher. That’s what he is. You can throw a ball anywhere, this guy’s catch radius – we’ve seen it first hand.”

The veteran wide receiver played six games in Cleveland and eight games with the Los Angeles Rams last season. He caught a touchdown in five of those Rams regular-season games and was even better in the playoffs.

“That’s why he’s a difference-maker, because when it gets tough and it gets tight he will go get the football. I don’t know if you have guys like that on this team,” Broaddus said. “That’s why Jerry Jones, Mike McCarthy’s interested in this cat, and a lot of other teams are willing to make him a part of their team for maybe two months, three months. Maybe. Because he is a difference-maker. That’s why people still like this guy. He did it in the Super Bowl. This guy’s a difference-maker.”

Adding Odell Beckham Jr. would put Cowboys on Eagles' level (audacy.com)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
“Go get Odell Beckham because he’ll go get the football,” Broaddus said (13:08 in player above). “Who on this team goes and gets the football? Who runs those dangerous inside routes and goes and snatches the ball on the fly and takes off running?”

The Cowboys have a solid receiving group headlined by CeeDee Lamb and Michael Gallup, but OBJ would add another dimension to the offense.

“You haven’t had a guy on that team to go and snatch a ball since Dez Bryant was here last, just comes flying across the middle knowing bodies are all over the place, reaches his hands out, doesn’t let the defender get on behind him and knock the ball down,” Broaddus continued. “This guy’s a bad ball catcher. That’s what he is. You can throw a ball anywhere, this guy’s catch radius – we’ve seen it first hand.”

The veteran wide receiver played six games in Cleveland and eight games with the Los Angeles Rams last season. He caught a touchdown in five of those Rams regular-season games and was even better in the playoffs.

“That’s why he’s a difference-maker, because when it gets tough and it gets tight he will go get the football. I don’t know if you have guys like that on this team,” Broaddus said. “That’s why Jerry Jones, Mike McCarthy’s interested in this cat, and a lot of other teams are willing to make him a part of their team for maybe two months, three months. Maybe. Because he is a difference-maker. That’s why people still like this guy. He did it in the Super Bowl. This guy’s a difference-maker.”

Cowboys are already better than the Eagles. WE dont need that loser to beat the Eagles.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Cowboys are already better than the Eagles. WE dont need that loser to beat the Eagles.

Wow, one of the few times I have actually agreed with anything you have to say.

That said, for me, it's not about the Eagles, because I agree, we can beat them without OBJ. But looking at the big picture, What about KC or the Bills (assuming QB1 is healthy for the Bills), not sure we can go toe to toe with them. Our D will be our advantage against KC but the Bills D is just as good. Against either of those teams in the SB, It would not be bad to have an OBJ out there, IMO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

That said, for me, it's not about the Eagles, because I agree, we can beat them without OBJ. But looking at the big picture, What about KC or the Bills (assuming QB1 is healthy for the Bills), not sure we can go toe to toe with them. Our D will be our advantage against KC but the Bills D is just as good. Against either of those teams in the SB, It would not be bad to have an OBJ out there, IMO.

Well you must get a lot of stuff wrong then. :thumbup:

Ken

Reaction score

We are better than the Eagles with or without OBJ

We just have to go out and prove it.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Amari Cooper was better than OBJ last year.....Cooper caught 65% of his targets and OBJ caught 54% and OBJ had Cooper Kupp taking a load of attention. OBJ is not what they are trying to portray. He is an average possession receiver. Since we like to compare Noah Brown to Amari, lets do that with OBJ. Noah was better this year than OBJ was last year on a game by game basis with a very average QB throwing him the ball!

Amari was the one who had us step for step!

This is just so stupid from the FO!!!

snapper

Reaction score

This. Adding another weapon can only help the passing game. That is, if he is healthy.

This isn't about the Eagles, it's about getting better at a position that needs a little help. Imagine what would happen if one of the top three WRs goes down.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I am on the fence deciding if want to sit on the fence about signing OBJ.

fall-oops.gif

Last edited:

Mannix

Reaction score
Even with OBJ, they still have the better WR corp. We will still lack the sorely needed big time, and big bodied possession WR like AJ Brown.