News: Broaddus: Odell Beckham Jr. would put Cowboys 'step for step' with Eagles

baltcowboy

Reaction score
AJ Brown or Devante Smith would be the best WRs on our team.
Davonte is not better then CeeDee. Brown better though. OBJ, CeeDee, and Gallup better then the Eagles receivers. We also have the better running backs and quarterback. If Tyron is healthy our offensive line will be even. I like our chances.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Beckham had 44 receptions last year. 27 in 8 games with the Rams. Why do we want him?

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
BB is right. There will be one drive in the playoffs when we will need one catch for a first down and the game will be on the line, similar to what Kelvin Martin used to do for the 90's teams.
I know Beckham is a diva and is too expensive, and is a gamble, and I never liked him, but he can play and I don't think we have that guy right now, Amari wasn't him, and certainly the guys we have now neither.

We have that kind of guys on defense, Parsons, Diggs, they will make plays in the clutch, but we don't have him on offense,if its right there for the taking they should sign him, we may regret not taking that chance.

conner01

Reaction score
It’s gonna be a disaster i hate this guy
Personal feelings aside I don’t see him being the difference maker some do
Back in the day he was really good
But so was Julio Jones and many others who are no longer difference makers
I hope I’m wrong

conner01

Reaction score
If he comes here on a rental trying to earn a deal for future years, do ya’ll expect him to not complain when he doesn’t get targets?

This…when most of you realize we need to run to win?

Last thing we need is a reason to pass more.

Lamb or Gallup get hurt, fine, do it. Otherwise I’d wait. Has he even proven to be right yet off the knee?
The key to this teams offense being good is not the passing game, but the run game
We go as far as the run game takes us

phildadon86

Reaction score
Its about winning a SB but will this clown destroy our locker room? Proposing to a damn kicking net......
How many years ago was that? Lol. You wanna hold people accountable? Ok. Josh Allen said some bad words on Twitter in high school. Would you say no to him coming to Dallas to?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm about 1/2 for OBJ and 1/2 against getting him. Having said that, I'm glad to say it's really not up to me. Our FO will make that decision, and if I'm not mistaken, they'll decide that the asking price seems somewhat more than they deem acceptable.

OTOH, if I'm mistaken, they'll discover whether or not they'll get their money's worth, before all is said and done. To be totally honest, I'll be relieved not being the one to take that risk. We'll see if Jerry's truly the risk taker he claims to be or if Stephen has the clout to convince him otherwise. Here's hoping the best talent evaluator prevails. Here, here! ;)

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
Beckham had 44 receptions last year. 27 in 8 games with the Rams. Why do we want him?
In the 4 playoff games, he had 21 catches for 288 yds and 2 TDs (and remember, he got hurt during the Super Bowl).

Over a 17-game season, that’s a pace of 89 catches, 1,224 yards and 8-9 TDs.

So he was a great weapon for them when it mattered most. They don’t win that Super Bowl without him.

Even if his numbers aren’t great with the Cowboys, he’d be another major weapon that defenses need to worry about, which would open things up for others. He’d fit in nicely.

kevm3

Reaction score
Get him on a year or two rental. Why not? See what he has in the tank.

JBS

Reaction score
Even with OBJ, they still have the better WR corp. We will still lack the sorely needed big time, and big bodied possession WR like AJ Brown.
I’m not sure this is true. It’s close. Depends what version of Odell you get. You get the best version and they don’t have a better group.