News: Broaddus: Odell Beckham Jr. would put Cowboys 'step for step' with Eagles

Doomsday101

Reaction score
people are underestimating two ACLs on the same knee. who knows what type of player he still is after that. seems like he won’t be ready til end of december? you bring him in, learn the system in the meantime. but in all honesty it seems a signing more for 2023 season.. is that what dallas wants? he’s gonna demand $ and we also got to see what Lamb is and make a decision on him as well. i just don’t like the idea of signing a guy who’s coming off 2 ACLs.

As I heard 1 former player say, this is a signing for late December before you head into post season. As for how much? I don't know and no number has been thrown out there so that right now that is guess on anyone part. the 2 ACL injury are a concern for me.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I think he will only help the team. Gives us another weapon and will open the field more for ceedee and Gallup.
I think if he becomes a little more humble instead of high-and-mighty, maybe he would work out. It's ok to be confident but throwing tantrums on the sideline is just childish and does not help team chemistry.

jmho

blueblood70

Reaction score
lol he wouldn’t ask for 23M. Nobody is paying him that
exactly more like he will get 8per until he proves it. Id give OBJ just rest of season deal with a small base but give him 1mil per game played at Xsnaps with more for say each playoff win etc..if he believes in himself he won't balk at that, if he turns it down., we all know what he thinks of his health

27 catches for 305 yards and scored 5 touchdowns in 8 games for the Rams in 2021. Beckham and the Rams came to terms on a one-year, $1.25 million contract, a club-friendly deal considering the value he's brought to the team.He picked the Rams, who only gave him a one-year deal with just $1.25 million guaranteed. His contract included several incentives, however. The Rams gave Beckham the opportunity to earn an additional $3 million through team-based incentives, all connected to their postseason success.Feb 18, 2022

id say both Jones FO boys would love a similar deal. why would they give him much more then that that was for 8 games stats aren't much better than Noah Browns 87 games played. He can earn more if he take deal im proposing.

aikemirv

Reaction score
In the very link that you posted all it takes is 1 quick click to show that he had an 80% catch rate from Stafford in the playoffs. So no the 56% with Stafford is not accurate if you’re excluding the 4 playoff games he caught 80% in
Oh so now you want to just talk about the playoffs - ok, keep changing the bar here. I just made a statement - you are the one parsing it up here!

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh so now you want to just talk about the playoffs - ok, keep changing the bar here. I just made a statement - you are the one parsing it up here!

the playoffs was a part of his run was it not? Of course you wanna use the first games while he’s learning the system cuz it helped your point. Once he got accustomed to the system and got some rapport with Stafford he started setting things on fire.

aikemirv

Reaction score
the playoffs was a part of his run was it not? Of course you wanna use the first games while he’s learning the system cuz it helped your point. Once he got accustomed to the system and got some rapport with Stafford he started setting things on fire.
Dude, I did not want to use anything. I took a basic stat and made a point. I was not trying to hide anything. You are just making stuff up at this point to argue about. I could care less about arguing this with you. If you don't like the accurate comparison I used for the season, then fine, that's your perogative, but moving the bar is just silly. Just make your point and move on and stop accusing me of trying to mislead!

starfan1

Reaction score
people are underestimating two ACLs on the same knee. who knows what type of player he still is after that. seems like he won’t be ready til end of december? you bring him in, learn the system in the meantime. but in all honesty it seems a signing more for 2023 season.. is that what dallas wants? he’s gonna demand $ and we also got to see what Lamb is and make a decision on him as well. i just don’t like the idea of signing a guy who’s coming off 2 ACLs.
I am not even talking about the surgeries. I just think we need a run stopper on defense worse. I also want to see what washington has. Brown was showing some promise. If its speed they need put turpin out there

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I am not even talking about the surgeries. I just think we need a run stopper on defense worse. I also want to see what washington has. Brown was showing some promise. If its speed they need put turpin out there

Turpin is fast. i just think dallas doesn’t think he’s durable for more use on offensive snaps. he’s our new lucky whitehead. if he’s in the offense he’s getting an end around once in a while.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Goedert is going to be an all pro? lol, where? over who?

but yes, i would rather have schulz hendershot and ferguson even with the year he’s having. noah vs davonta was hyperbole.

So you'd rather have 3 average DEs then Micah Parsons or 3 average DTs then Aaron Donald. That's just ridiculous and yes, as of now he's looking like an All Pro TE.
He's on pace for 80 catches and 1100 yards and might be the best blocking TE in football on a team that's a run first team and has a bunch of weapons. Silliness my man.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Turpin is fast. i just think dallas doesn’t think he’s durable for more use on offensive snaps. he’s our new lucky whitehead. if he’s in the offense he’s getting an end around once in a while.

I love him. He brings excitement to the return game. He's gonna win us a game this year... watch.

starfan1

Reaction score
Lol ya KM is pretty predictable

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Statistically,passing wise, he’s been one of the top handful of QBs this year. Visually, he’s making great reads, and even greater throws. I have no idea what you’re watching to make you believe his ability as a passer is still lacking.

Bah..........his reads are simple play action, wide open stuff like Aikman used to have.

How did he do against the Cowboys D? Not so good.

Proof

Reaction score
So you'd rather have 3 average DEs then Micah Parsons or 3 average DTs then Aaron Donald. That's just ridiculous and yes, as of now he's looking like an All Pro TE.
He's on pace for 80 catches and 1100 yards and might be the best blocking TE in football on a team that's a run first team and has a bunch of weapons. Silliness my man.

you gotta relax homie. goedert is not in the same stratosphere as micah or donald. he’s not a leader in any category and certainly won’t be named over kelce or andrews. and best blocking te in football? lmao are you on the right forum my dude?

Jayinem

Reaction score
Unless OBJ has taught himself how to be a fantastic defensive run stopper, he wouldn't put us step for step with the Eagles.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
you gotta relax homie. goedert is not in the same stratosphere as micah or donald. he’s not a leader in any category and certainly won’t be named over kelce or andrews. and best blocking te in football? lmao are you on the right forum my dude?

I think you need to do a google search and read up on Goedert. He's been one of the top blocking TE's in football. My friend at work is a Cowboy fan and told me this was an excellent site to talk football. I was telling him I was fed up with the unnamed site I used to go to because no one could be objective. You saying 3 average TE's are better then having one of the very best TE's in the league is silly. And, yes, Goedert has been a top blocking TE in the league since day one and now that Ertz is gone he is showing he's a top receiver too. Go google it my man.

Proof

Reaction score
I think you need to do a google search and read up on Goedert. He's been one of the top blocking TE's in football. My friend at work is a Cowboy fan and told me this was an excellent site to talk football. I was telling him I was fed up with the unnamed site I used to go to because no one could be objective. You saying 3 average TE's are better then having one of the very best TE's in the league is silly. And, yes, Goedert has been a top blocking TE in the league since day one and now that Ertz is gone he is showing he's a top receiver too. Go google it my man.

Sure thing my friend, here's what google tells me (that I already knew from watching football and basing my opinions off of that)

Schultz last year 78 catches 808 yards 8 Tds

Goedert last year 56 catches 830 yards 4 tds.

and before you say Ertz was still there for part of the season, schultz had to share the ball with amari, ceedee, gallup, wilson etc etc

Goedert is in his 5th year and has never made a pro bowl let alone an all pro.

He's in the midst of a career season and even with Kittle missing time, Waller being injured , and pitts being criminally underutilized he STILL won't make all pro this year

When we played them this year he had 2 catches for 22 yards ( so did hendershot) Jake Ferguson had 4 catches for 40 yards and a td.

here's nfl.com's list of the top ten tight ends from last month (they do a different position group each week of the season up to that point)

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-s...-travis-kelce-mark-andrews-and-david-njoku-he

Goedert comes in fourth (only 1 player will make all pro - two technically if you meant 2nd team as well but i'll assume you didnt) and again thats with kittle missing time, schultz missing time, waller missing time, etc etc

they also included a blocking rating for reach of them and he came in at 7th w/ 59 ... well below the high 70's and 80's of the guys ahead of him.

So yeah, not saying he's not a great player, he is and I am impressed by him. But we can get similar production from Schultz alone, who I'm not even enamored with, and are seeing much more creative looks offensively incorporating hendershot and ferguson. Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. And for this team at this point, I like those three more than I like Goedert. Disagree? that's fine and I respect it, but don't act like it's unsubstantiated or baseless because there's merit to it. Maybe you should spend less time googling and more time critically thinking

Welcome to the site!

Dakota

Reaction score
It won't put us step for step with the egirls, unless you think the signing sets us back. We are already several steps ahead.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Sure thing my friend, here's what google tells me (that I already knew from watching football and basing my opinions off of that)

Schultz last year 78 catches 808 yards 8 Tds

Goedert last year 56 catches 830 yards 4 tds.

and before you say Ertz was still there for part of the season, schultz had to share the ball with amari, ceedee, gallup, wilson etc etc

Goedert is in his 5th year and has never made a pro bowl let alone an all pro.

He's in the midst of a career season and even with Kittle missing time, Waller being injured , and pitts being criminally underutilized he STILL won't make all pro this year

When we played them this year he had 2 catches for 22 yards ( so did hendershot) Jake Ferguson had 4 catches for 40 yards and a td.

here's nfl.com's list of the top ten tight ends from last month (they do a different position group each week of the season up to that point)

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-s...-travis-kelce-mark-andrews-and-david-njoku-he

Goedert comes in fourth (only 1 player will make all pro - two technically if you meant 2nd team as well but i'll assume you didnt) and again thats with kittle missing time, schultz missing time, waller missing time, etc etc

they also included a blocking rating for reach of them and he came in at 7th w/ 59 ... well below the high 70's and 80's of the guys ahead of him.

So yeah, not saying he's not a great player, he is and I am impressed by him. But we can get similar production from Schultz alone, who I'm not even enamored with, and are seeing much more creative looks offensively incorporating hendershot and ferguson. Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. And for this team at this point, I like those three more than I like Goedert. Disagree? that's fine and I respect it, but don't act like it's unsubstantiated or baseless because there's merit to it. Maybe you should spend less time googling and more time critically thinking

Welcome to the site!

You said he wasn't a top blocking TE and he has been from day 1. He's breaking into stardom this year but hasn't made a pro bowl cause he was primarily used as a blocking TE with Ertz around. I think he's the best all around TE now but Kelce is much better but I wouldn't be surprised if he's 3nd team all pro as his first year as a full time #1 TE. You may have mistyped but I'll bet you anything you want that he's a pro bowler this year.

Proof

Reaction score
You said he wasn't a top blocking TE and he has been from day 1. He's breaking into stardom this year but hasn't made a pro bowl cause he was primarily used as a blocking TE with Ertz around. I think he's the best all around TE now but Kelce is much better but I wouldn't be surprised if he's 3nd team all pro as his first year as a full time #1 TE. You may have mistyped but I'll bet you anything you want that he's a pro bowler this year.

I said that he wasn't THE best blocking tight end. That's kittle and Kelce imo (amongst others). you told me to google it and I did and the results said he's not the best, or even close to the best. I'm not sure how you can say that you think he's the best all around tight end, but also that Kelce is much better? There's also no third team all pro.... you're just all over the place brother and I think you let logic escape you in this conversation. I'm not saying he sucks, just that I'd prefer our guys. And that's not homer talk because I'm not a homer and am extremely critical of this team and our guys. The only homer thing I've said is that Noah Brown might be be better than Davonta Smith, but that was more to underscore my opinion of Smith than my love of Brown and I admitted it was hyperbole.

Also Goedert will likely make the pro bowl (and not play) but he will not be an all pro. What we're arguing here is that you said he would be an all pro and is THE best blocking tight end in football. I disagree. googe disagrees. you can't call me out for being hyperbolic and then be more hyperbolic lol. All good though