News: Broaddus: Odell Beckham Jr. would put Cowboys 'step for step' with Eagles

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
disagree. AJ brown is a stud, but I think Ceedee is better than Smith, OBJ is better than Smith. Hell Noah Brown may be as well. Goedert has really grown into his role, but I'd still rather have our TRIO of te's as well.

Jeez I defend the Eagles so much on here I get the Eagle fan accusations but Noah Brown is better then a rookie that put up 1000 yard with a struggling QB? You'd rather have 3 average TE's then one who is going to be all pro and was already a great blocker. Guy guys are so biased. I hate the Eagles too but come on.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
no. it's not an exact science. however. after returning from injury and gelling with a new team, hitting his stride against the toughest competition on the biggest stage was a good sign of his abilities. it's all moot obviously since he got injured again, I just don't necessarily have a problem with projecting a full playoff performance over a season as an optimistic idea of what to expect /hope for.

Gotcha. He would be the 3rd or 4th option offensively. Downward trajectory. I just don’t see it being helpful.

erod

Reaction score
There’s no such thing as damaged goods. It’s all up to walk room. If he can help us if he’s stupid not to sign him. And if we can afford him
At this point, he's just a guy. He's Noah Brown.

Proof

Reaction score
Gotcha. He would be the 3rd or 4th option offensively. Downward trajectory. I just don’t see it being helpful.

oh yeah i don’t think he’d do that here lol. just in general capabilities but i think he could keep defenses honest and provide big play capability

Proof

Reaction score
Jeez I defend the Eagles so much on here I get the Eagle fan accusations but Noah Brown is better then a rookie that put up 1000 yard with a struggling QB? You'd rather have 3 average TE's then one who is going to be all pro and was already a great blocker. Guy guys are so biased. I hate the Eagles too but come on.

Goedert is going to be an all pro? lol, where? over who?

but yes, i would rather have schulz hendershot and ferguson even with the year he’s having. noah vs davonta was hyperbole.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Right now...sign him up and pay the man for two years!

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't agree.

Run defense is still this teams achilles heel. Until that is shored up (if it ever is), we are a step behind teams like the Eagles and 49ers.

im gonna assume you haven’t taken a look at the eagles run defense. They’re in the same boat we are

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Amari Cooper was better than OBJ last year.....Cooper caught 65% of his targets and OBJ caught 54% and OBJ had Cooper Kupp taking a load of attention. OBJ is not what they are trying to portray. He is an average possession receiver. Since we like to compare Noah Brown to Amari, lets do that with OBJ. Noah was better this year than OBJ was last year on a game by game basis with a very average QB throwing him the ball!

Amari was the one who had us step for step!

This is just so stupid from the FO!!!

you’re giving out false information to try to push your narrative. That 54% target rate includes all the air mail and dirt balls that Baker mayfield threw at him while he played for Cleveland. His target catch % was NOWHERE near that low with Stafford and you know it

aikemirv

Reaction score
you’re giving out false information to try to push your narrative. That 54% target rate includes all the air mail and dirt balls that Baker mayfield threw at him while he played for Cleveland. His target catch % was NOWHERE near that low with Stafford and you know it

Not false at all and I am not pushing any narrative other than he is not what people are making him out to be, period!
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm
50% with Mayfield and 56% with Stafford and I never even looked at that so 54% is pretty accurate!!

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not false at all and I am not pushing any narrative other than he is not what people are making him out to be, period!
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm
50% with Mayfield and 56% with Stafford and I never even looked at that so 54% is pretty accurate!!

In the very link that you posted all it takes is 1 quick click to show that he had an 80% catch rate from Stafford in the playoffs. So no the 56% with Stafford is not accurate if you’re excluding the 4 playoff games he caught 80% in

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I think everyone assumes he would offer us the same one year deal the Rams got. He'll say that was his 'prove it' year and he won a SB. He's going to want a 3 or 4 year deal. Are you guys ok with paying him $23M/year for the next three plus seasons? With Diggs/Parson/etc. that also will need to be extended in the next couple years?

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Im not convinced he moves the needle that much but Im not opposed

people are underestimating two ACLs on the same knee. who knows what type of player he still is after that. seems like he won’t be ready til end of december? you bring him in, learn the system in the meantime. but in all honesty it seems a signing more for 2023 season.. is that what dallas wants? he’s gonna demand $ and we also got to see what Lamb is and make a decision on him as well. i just don’t like the idea of signing a guy who’s coming off 2 ACLs.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think everyone assumes he would offer us the same one year deal the Rams got. He'll say that was his 'prove it' year and he won a SB. He's going to want a 3 or 4 year deal. Are you guys ok with paying him $23M/year for the next three plus seasons? With Diggs/Parson/etc. that also will need to be extended in the next couple years?

lol he wouldn’t ask for 23M. Nobody is paying him that

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He tore his knee again. No team will pay him anything other than a prove it type deal.

ghst187

Reaction score
Hard to say he would be much help since he’s not in game shape and coming off a second ACL surgery… if he came back and played at the level he did with the rams by the time playoffs come around then he might be worth signing but also…have to think he wants a multi-year contract and he won’t sign for cheap. Maybe takes less this year but next 2-3?