Twitter: Broaddus on Jarwin

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Which dimension is that?

I'm still trying to figure out what he does well besides happen to be unaccounted for in the flat (probably by design) when Dak panics.

Catch stats are ridiculously overrated except in fantasy, which is what our management is doing.... so, nevermind I guess.
He can catch, not block, not worth the tag.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Imagine cutting Coop to save money then paying Schultz 11 million.
imagine getting Gallup and Schultz for the same price as coop and coop wasnt much of an impact this year..id say its good swap save 16mil to keep two players and release or trad the other..,

CEEDEE 79-1102 13.9 YPC 6tds rookie deal also returns punts
Dalton 78-808 10.3 YPC 8tds (Xplayer one of the top TES in the league 71 910 12.8 6tds, looks like dalton isnt far off top 3-4 TEs stat wise,all stats Recep, YPC, TDS etc yet you all scoff and say hes not a core player?
AC 68-865 8tds 12.7 YPC

Gallup only 9 games but 35 445 12.7 2tds

C.wilson 45 602 13.4 6TDs

so this tells me hat we get possibly 3 players making around 30 all have as good or close to ac number who made 20mil for total of 30 add young mid round drafted wr or maybe turner moves up i like him..

somehow AC is a god now fans upset is lack of production year when we can keep 3 players project Gallup to 16-17 easily matches acs output add CW or TBD player

its not big hole , sure he wil be missed saves up cap top keep more players vs one.the YPC for all 3 were very good

CWR

Reaction score
imagine getting Gallup and Schultz for the same price as coop and coop wasnt much of an impact this year..id say its good swap save 16mil to keep two players and release or trad the other..,

CEEDEE 79-1102 13.9 YPC 6tds rookie deal also returns punts
Dalton 78-808 10.3 YPC 8tds (Xplayer one of the top TES in the league 71 910 12.8 6tds, looks like dalton isnt far off top 3-4 TEs stat wise,all stats Recep, YPC, TDS etc yet you all scoff and say hes not a core player?
AC 68-865 8tds 12.7 YPC

Gallup only 9 games but 35 445 12.7 2tds

C.wilson 45 602 13.4 6TDs

so this tells me hat we get possibly 3 players making around 30 all have as good or close to ac number who made 20mil for total of 30 add young mid round drafted wr or maybe turner moves up i like him..

somehow AC is a god now fans upset is lack of production year when we can keep 3 players project Gallup to 16-17 easily matches acs output add CW or TBD player

its not big hole , sure he wil be missed saves up cap top keep more players vs one.the YPC for all 3 were very good

3 pages of responses ago I'd have had the energy to debate with you brother. Lol

Sorry man I don't see the value and dollar for dollar it's the same.

Coop > Gallup + Schultz

Id rather have restructured Coop and let Gallup and Schultz walk. Schultz is easily replaceable.

blueblood70

Reaction score
3 pages of responses ago I'd have had the energy to debate with you brother. Lol

Sorry man I don't see the value and dollar for dollar it's the same.

Coop > Gallup + Schultz

Id rather have restructured Coop and let Gallup and Schultz walk. Schultz is easily replaceable.

disagree, nice to have all 3 but given choice money comes into play and this is the right choice.
no hes not

hes being overrated his numbers say hes not all of them i just laid it out Tds /YPC? receptions

Wilson was by far more dynamic. I get hes a loss for sure but dude lets stop exaggerating.

CWR

Reaction score
disagree, nice to have all 3 but given choice money comes into play and this is the right choice.
no hes not

hes being overrated his numbers say hes not all of them i just laid it out Tds /YPC? receptions

Wilson was by far more dynamic. I get hes a loss for sure but dude lets stop exaggerating.

I dont place the majority of blame on Coop.

Numbers be damned he was ranked 32 in targets! 32!

That's terrible. He's an elite route runner. He can get open.

We stopped treating him like a WR1 and Dak stopped looking for him.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Imagine cutting Coop to save money then paying Schultz 11 million.
That’s what you do if you have to have the guy this year but hope to find his long term replacement before next year. Let’s hope team has learned how to draft TE in round 2 over the past few years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I dont place the majority of blame on Coop.

Numbers be damned he was ranked 32 in targets! 32!

That's terrible. He's an elite route runner. He can get open.

We stopped treating him like a WR1 and Dak stopped looking for him.
really that an excuse the others did well with Dak again numbers dont like..lmao..Dak casnt use the OL excuse for you haters but AC can use the QB excuse..ive seen soem great WRs that nio mater who the QB was they excelled and i mean pout up PB number ie Tery Mcluren , the years that Hopkins played without much around him seen many juts keep catching the ball no matter what , ac has zero excuse accept mopes around and loses interest and his coach and qb noticed and decided he was no longer a primary target every game.

keep skipping over the sts of the rest of the targets to make an excuse for ac..

IMO AC if the draft was before FA we get Lamb and AC is skin..thats fact they signed him not knowing we would get ac or that 20mil would never had been handed out.like i said AC is starer hes good WR but hes not so special that he cant be replaced with what we have plus deep drafts of late full of WR talent.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He can catch, not block, not worth the tag.
Yep....but it's not like he has these phenomenal hands where he grabs things that others won't.

But look.....I've trashed this move based on wishing to become a run first team.....which @CouchCoach needed to remind me today, isn't gonna happen.

It's not the end of the world move, and much better than a long term deal, I just happen to opine that an upgrade is needed at the position in order to restore the run game.

Wait....so....we are a pass first team that just cut Amari Cooper?

I'm just a little confused.

CWR

Reaction score
really that an excuse the others did well with Dak again numbers dont like..lmao..Dak casnt use the OL excuse for you haters but AC can use the QB excuse..ive seen soem great WRs that nio mater who the QB was they excelled and i mean pout up PB number ie Tery Mcluren , the years that Hopkins played without much around him seen many juts keep catching the ball no matter what , ac has zero excuse accept mopes around and loses interest and his coach and qb noticed and decided he was no longer a primary target every game.

keep skipping over the sts of the rest of the targets to make an excuse for ac..

IMO AC if the draft was before FA we get Lamb and AC is skin..thats fact they signed him not knowing we would get ac or that 20mil would never had been handed out.like i said AC is starer hes good WR but hes not so special that he cant be replaced with what we have plus deep drafts of late full of WR talent.

I'm not a Dak hater. Get that straight, first and foremost.

I put the majority of the blame on KM and scheme.

There's no way around a lack of targets. It's also too bad we didn't use Coop more for slants and crossing routes. He'd have been great in that role.

I dont know all of those (wr examples) target numbers, but I'd be willing to bet they are better than 32nd.

Yes Dak does deserve some of the blame as well, but ultimately Coop wasnt schemed as the wr1.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak hater. Get that straight, first and foremost.

I put the majority of the blame on KM and scheme.

There's no way around a lack of targets. It's also too bad we didn't use Coop more for slants and crossing routes. He'd have been great in that role.

I dont know all of those (wr examples) target numbers, but I'd be willing to bet they are better than 32nd.

Yes Dak does deserve some of the blame as well, but ultimately Coop wasnt schemed as the wr1.
and yet hes headed to his 3rd team..hes the Brandon cooks of wrs very good so close to greatness but somehow gets moved a lot. its deeper then targets its attitude and drive

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yep....but it's not like he has these phenomenal hands where he grabs things that others won't.

But look.....I've trashed this move based on wishing to become a run first team.....which @CouchCoach needed to remind me today, isn't gonna happen.

It's not the end of the world move, and much better than a long term deal, I just happen to opine that an upgrade is needed at the position in order to restore the run game.

Wait....so....we are a pass first team that just cut Amari Cooper?

I'm just a little confused.
Following this team, its easy to stay in a state of confusion.
But hey at least we are entertaining !

CWR

Reaction score
and yet hes headed to his 3rd team..hes the Brandon cooks of wrs very good so close to greatness but somehow gets moved a lot. its deeper then targets its attitude and drive

Maybe so, but he was still our best WR and I'm failing to see the plan, or identity of the team going forward.

It made more sense to me, with the idea of going back to being a running team.

When they franchised a no blocking TE it made me wonder exactly what they are trying to accomplish.

As far as it being his third team, the original team that traded him also traded away Khalil Mack that off-season. No one used that argument with him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Maybe so, but he was still our best WR and I'm failing to see the plan, or identity of the team going forward.

It made more sense to me, with the idea of going back to being a running team.

When they franchised a no blocking TE it made me wonder exactly what they are trying to accomplish.

As far as it being his third team, the original team that traded him also traded away Khalil Mack that off-season. No one used that argument with him.
NO he isnt nor was he its what have you done lately and hes slipped out of the #1 best wr post again stats dont lie.

mardwin

Reaction score
Why is anyone acting like he is an impact player anyways? Missing Jarwin doesn't put us in a bind. We can get the same guy in the 5th round. We can do markedly better in FA, and probably cheaper too.

He's the next Rico Gathers.

Reactions: CWR