News: Broaddus on short-term deal for Dak Prescott: 'I think there's something to it'

Aven8

Reaction score
Good idea. 25 million over the next two seasons and than 40 for the third. ;)

Sydla

Reaction score
Honestly, depending on the numbers, I'd be OK with a two year deal. 2 years, $76 million, all guaranteed. $38 million a year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Short-term contract makes even less sense, if Dak-stans believe Jerry’s roster is the reason we suck anyways and why Dak is 8-8. Your going to pay him a lot of money to be even more mediocre, while the roster looks even worse now than before.

Dak has ZERO leverage with his injury, outside garbage-time stats and Dalton playing with a completely battered line, while still performing better than Dak did against the Eagles with all the starters on OL in a play-off level qualifying game.

Dallas should just resign Dalton for the year and draft a QB. Dalton gets an off-season as the starter and McCarthy can implement West-Coast concepts in the offense, which is MM and Dalton’s bread and butter. With the bye and Dalton actually getting reps, they basically adjusted to the offense to get the ball out quickly with the OL and Dallas won. So even if the OL doesn’t return to form, unlike Dak, he’s a QB that gets the ball out quickly and is known for it.

He’s still considered a starter in this league, despite what Dak-stans claim.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The FO didn't like the 4-year deal proposed last year by Dak's team and they aren't going to agree to a three-year proposal this year. The FO wants a longer-term deal but at this point they may be thinking that will never happen so the non-exclusive tag makes more sense so they can trade him and at least get away from dealing with Dak and have something to show for it.

JBS

Reaction score
The FO didn't like the 4-year deal proposed last year by Dak's team and they aren't going to agree to a three-year proposal this year. The FO wants a longer-term deal but at this point they may be thinking that will never happen so the non-exclusive tag makes more sense so they can trade him and at least get away from dealing with Dak and have something to show for it.

Oh now trading dak is possible? Just two weeks ago it was a stupid idea, lolol..

Frozen700

Reaction score
hes starting to look like a bobble head doll....I wonder if he realizes how much this fan base would embrace him if he did a 5 year 35 million dollar deal.

yea there are still going to be people that see that as overpayment but I’d say the majority would feel good with him around that price point.

man I hope jerry doesn’t cave and give him a stupid 40m plus contract

Would be completely dumb to give him 40+

Maybe 25-28.

He has to understand he needs elite help. Not just good WR's and a good Oline, he's he's type of QB that you need at least 2 number 1s at Wide out, and at least 4 all pro o linemen, with an elite RB.

Carson

Reaction score
Honestly, depending on the numbers, I'd be OK with a two year deal. 2 years, $76 million, all guaranteed. $38 million a year.

Im not cap expert by any means.

Would that allow us to lower his cap hit? Or would we be stuck with the 38 million hit

Flamma

Reaction score
if they tag dak there will be no free agency only the draft it will hamstring the team and will lead to another 8 and 8 or 7 and 9 type season and if i am dak i am not stepping on the field without a long term deal

Not only that, but what do they do about the 8 or so players up for extension this year? Gallup, Gregory, Connor Williams just to name a few. Like Dak, without a long term deal they'll probably be walking after 2021 too.

Flamma

Reaction score
Of course it might be. That has been the case.

What if there's no team willing to pay him just shy of Mahomes money? Then what? That's the only problem I see with tag and trade.

JBS

Reaction score
What if there's no team willing to pay him just shy of Mahomes money? Then what? That's the only problem I see with tag and trade.
Well yeah, if there is no market for him, then there is no tag and trade..