News: Broaddus on short-term deal for Dak Prescott: 'I think there's something to it'

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's already done that.......don't think they expected him to stand his ground as much as he has.

Yeah..

Unless..

Dak is actually made available and teams around the league think he’s terrible value.

Todd France deep down knows he can school these guys and knows they won’t move on.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Honestly, depending on the numbers, I'd be OK with a two year deal. 2 years, $76 million, all guaranteed. $38 million a year.
If thats something Prescott was inclined to agree to, why not just play hardball and force the Cowboys into a tag this year and next?

Just flat out refuse to sign a long deal. He will get tagged this year at the same money, then either be free or tagged again at 50+.

The difference would be cash up front but Daks camp doesn't seem concerned about that.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
better then 400 doing the same from an internet forum, does your keyboard have magical powers?? you know more , have better ideas, did you pitch this to the media and get job?

its what we are all doing in this 3 year running drama with daks deal..
thats why they should just cut him ! lol get rid of the drama king, and the distraction, and move on.
The media would love it and go on and on about it which would keep cowboys in the news.
I would try to get Heinike from the Commanders, he is pretty good, but Commanders are too dumb to roll with him.

Thrill99

Reaction score
I liked another topic in the exchange with Fish: Reggie Robinson going back to CB. That shows good insight from this coaching staff.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
According to this board, nobody has a clue..

Which makes complete sense..bc Jerry and Co are totally known for running a tight ship.

Makes total sense.

Don't we all say Jerry doesn't know what he's doing... so if he doesn't know, you think BB knows. hahaha. I'll run it by my source who is the friend of my neighbor's brother who works for a man who knows Jerry's yacht captain. Solid source. Gets it right 50% of the time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
thats why they should just cut him ! lol get rid of the drama king, and the distraction, and move on.
The media would love it and go on and on about it which would keep cowboys in the news.
I would try to get Heinike from the Commanders, he is pretty good, but Commanders are too dumb to roll with him.
no cuts,

that ridiculously ignorant, you trade him and get high draft pics after he signs the tag,..cutting him is what he wants, you own his rights you let him finally sign the tag and trade his to the worst team for the best packages..after he signs the tag he no longer controls where he goes..so if he pulls this last minute stunt to upset our ability to get his replacement ie plan in this off season FA and Draft, you also play dirty and send him somewhere he wont like..

NeathBlue

Reaction score
If he wants a short term deal, then minimum 3 years and he’ll have to give up some dollars..
If he agrees and signs, then look for a team to trade with because going through this crap again in the near future isn’t worth the hassle.
But this needs to be sorted out quickly.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I would love to see his trade value.

2 1sts? Not even in a Disney movie could we pull that off.
I dont agree with that at all.

I think Washington would have an acceptable offer on the table in the first hour.

Its what this year? Pick 19?

And with Dak that team is winning the division this year again...so that pick is going to be low as well.

Dallas would have to let him go to a division rival, or match whatever terms were put into to deal to stick it to Dallas.

Thats why he will never get the non exclusive tag.

They are better off telling the agent to seek a trade.