News: Broaddus on short-term deal for Dak Prescott: 'I think there's something to it'

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ehhh..Dallas is the clear favorite in the nfc east w dak at qb
There is no clear fav in the East.
All 3 of the other teams have a better defense than dallas.
There is no telling who will win the east next year, and I can predict now , that there will be no WC from the east div.

Dre11

Reaction score
It makes sense for a year got not completely changing the offense and keeping them “competitive”, per the Jones, considering the way this offense is structured, while selling seats in a year surrounded by the economic instability as a result of COVID. The salary cap is going to be less this year than last season.

it also makes sense because Dak’s leg is broken and he isn’t going to be ready until late. You don’t pay a guy multi-millions of dollars for multiple years in such a situation. Is there any precedent for that at all even?

Who said he won't be ready til late (whatever that means) he's in their building everyday, they know when he's ready. It's already talk he could be ready for all off-season workouts.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
if they tag dak there will be no free agency only the draft it will hamstring the team and will lead to another 8 and 8 or 7 and 9 type season and if i am dak i am not stepping on the field without a long term deal

Not even close to the truth. Dallas can easily make enough room to be players in FA even with a tagged Dak. The question is, will they? Is this team one or two big time players away from the SB?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Not even close to the truth. Dallas can easily make enough room to be players in FA even with a tagged Dak. The question is, will they? Is this team one or two big time players away from the SB?
with dak they are closer it will take some work on the defensive side of the ball but with the way things are now u can turn around a team pretty quick in this league any more

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
with dak they are closer it will take some work on the defensive side of the ball but with the way things are now u can turn around a team pretty quick in this league any more

Hard to trust this defense, even if adding two top quality free agents and a stud in the first round of the draft. Offensively we dont need much if our guys can come back healthy. Is it realistic to assume that Smith, Collins and Martin will all return to form and play all year? Maybe using that first rounder on a stud OL that could play G or T would be the best move...there has been a lot of talk about Slater and that would make sense. Where could two FAs make the biggest bang for the buck? The top DL on NFL.com is Leonard Williams and he would be a HUGE addition to this team, but he is gonna be $$$$. Our CB spot and our Safety spot are the other big holes....considering right now we would be starting Anthony Brown at Corner....and starting who at S? I think you have to go with DT and CB. There are a lot of decent corners out there in free agency. Maybe throw all the money at Williams and then take one of the corners that has some injury risk? A guy like Jason Verrett has been mentioned as an injury risk but also possible high reward. Bashaud Breeland has been mentioned also as a corner that does a decent job but always gets overlooked. Maybe if you are looking purely short term you consider bringing back McCoy and adding Sherman at CB, he looked good in 2019 but was down last year mainly due to a nagging injury. Plus he has the tie in to Quinn and could help with the installation of the defense.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lol BB has some good inside tracks
not sure he does anymore.
he used to work in the building obviously but his shots have been misfiring of late and in bad ways.
him trying to back the weird dak injury story play was a bad bad look.
that nonsense was disproven in like 72 hours.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
According to this board, nobody has a clue..

Which makes complete sense..bc Jerry and Co are totally known for running a tight ship.

Makes total sense.
Jerry and Stephen learned this from Jimmy but was reminded by Bill Parcells.
They use the media as a tool.
They release what they want.
And that it is.

They cleaned house before and actually fired people who leaked to the media.

Dallas likes to leak to the NFL Network. If it comes from Rappaport or Slater it's probably a Stephen leak.

Dre11

Reaction score

You're right they can, but as allergic to free agency as they are, they would be even more reluctant to do something in Free agency.
But what I hate is the line folks use to say are we 1 or 2 players away from a Superbowl, the answer is we don't know, we could be, the problem is we never go after that 1 or 2(tier 1) players to know.

Dre11

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen learned this from Jimmy but was reminded by Bill Parcells.
They use the media as a tool.
They release what they want.
And that it is.

They cleaned house before and actually fired people who leaked to the media.

Dallas likes to leak to the NFL Network. If it comes from Rappaport or Slater it's probably a Stephen leak.

You better add Glazer

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BTW, this at least was Bryan just tossing out the idea which of course makes sense.
If Dak would have taken 4 years at 35M AAV last year.
Would his team now accept 3 years and 37M AAV?
I'm sure he would.
But why would Dallas want to do that deal??
It would make zero sense unless there were voidable years.

Bryan is positing well this let's Dallas see Dak for a couple more seasons.
And yes it does, but at no discount and versus a rapidly rising market.
Hard for me to see the benefit of Dallas in this at all.
But can 100% see France argue for this.

Dak would likely require the total sum of his 37.7M and 52M tags the next two seasons be GTD.
So 90M of a 115M deal.

That would look something like 50M SB
year 1. 13M GTD --30M cap hit
year 2. 22M GTD --39M cap hit.
year 3 10M GTD, Roster Bonus March 15th of 20M. --cap hit 47M. OR release Dak eat 10M cash for year and 27M in dead money.

This deal would appeal to Dak's agent I am sure but struggle to see it appeal to either Dak or Stephen.

If I were Dak my goal would be 125M GTD. Give me the 5 years if you want but pay the freight. We know the new numbers are going to be crazy so pay me just over Deshaun Watson money.
Others will bump him down list the next few seasons but his money is GTD and as such so is generational wealth.

My guess is the answer is some voidable year deal. 3-4 real years then 1-2 voidable years for cap purposes.
Gives Dallas flex to move money around and gives Dak his cash and freedom in 4 years.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You better add Glazer
Glazer is usually the agents best friend.
But France is based out of Atlanta not Hollywood.
So I don't know about that one.

Shefter, Jane and Ian though are straight up Cowboys sources. --Jane almost certianly texts Dak directly for his comments on anything she reports to play it straight/fair. Others not so much.

Dre11

Reaction score
Glazer is usually the agents best friend.
But France is based out of Atlanta not Hollywood.
So I don't know about that one.

Shefter, Jane and Ian though are straight up Cowboys sources. --Jane almost certianly texts Dak directly for his comments on anything she reports to play it straight/fair. Others not so much.

I'm talking about with the Jones's Glazer is tight with them as is Mike Fisher.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
You're right they can, but as allergic to free agency as they are, they would be even more reluctant to do something in Free agency.
But what I hate is the line folks use to say are we 1 or 2 players away from a Superbowl, the answer is we don't know, we could be, the problem is we never go after that 1 or 2(tier 1) players to know.

Great point. What two players would you say would be going all in? There is some limit to what we can do.

ghst187

Reaction score
1. Leornard Williams
2. Marcus Maye (Simmons tagged)

I have reservations about Williams. I think he played hard because he’s due a contract. I think he signs a big one this off-season and disappears. Just my hunch.

I’m not opposed to a 2 year deal with Dak with an additional 2 voidable years. Committing to him for 3-4...I’m not completely sold on him. We could get the option to ditch him in two years plus some financial flexibility this offseason and next sounds like a win. And we secretly look hard at QBs in this and next draft.

Dre11

Reaction score
I have reservations about Williams. I think he played hard because he’s due a contract. I think he signs a big one this off-season and disappears. Just my hunch.

I’m not opposed to a 2 year deal with Dak with an additional 2 voidable years. Committing to him for 3-4...I’m not completely sold on him. We could get the option to ditch him in two years plus some financial flexibility this offseason and next sounds like a win. And we secretly look hard at QBs in this and next draft.

Williams was good with the Jets. What he would do for Lawerence would be huge. If Gallamore and Tristian keeps improving , with Woods and Gregory, that DL can real good. That improves your whole defense then get a nice safety back there , I think your defense becomes one that can help you compete for a championship.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
you crybabies have no clue. Troll
WFT HACK.

You're just another coakroach bleeding over from the latest MB you helped shut down.

RAID!!!!

You go girl.......

Last edited: