News: Broaddus on short-term deal for Dak Prescott: 'I think there's something to it'

Shane612

Reaction score
He never asked for Mahomes money and nobody has ever said he did..smh
Ok, so he asked for few millions less than MaHomes money. Is he worth that?
Don't answer. I don't care at this point.

Dre11

Reaction score
Ok, so he asked for few millions less than MaHomes money. Is he worth that?
Don't answer. I don't care at this point.
Yes he's worth it, the tag is 38 milllion, watson got 39-40 40-41 is behind Mahomes

Flamma

Reaction score
It makes sense for a year got not completely changing the offense and keeping them “competitive”, per the Jones, considering the way this offense is structured, while selling seats in a year surrounded by the economic instability as a result of COVID. The salary cap is going to be less this year than last season.

it also makes sense because Dak’s leg is broken and he isn’t going to be ready until late. You don’t pay a guy multi-millions of dollars for multiple years in such a situation. Is there any precedent for that at all even?

I've read and liked some of your previous posts. But this one doesn't strike a chord. It may be good for Dak, but not for the Cowboys.

Dak playing on a second tag would be a disaster. Not only can Dallas not be a player in free agency, but they can't even extend players needed to be extended on their team. And for what? So Dak can walk away? No way Dak plays on the tag unless Jerry is a full on moron.

JBS

Reaction score
Doesn't make a difference. If Dallas is not a contender, who cares who is at QB? Dak makes less sense than Ben Dinucci for one year.

Ehhh..Dallas is the clear favorite in the nfc east w dak at qb

Flamma

Reaction score
Ehhh..Dallas is the clear favorite in the nfc east w dak at qb

Again, that means absolutely nothing. WoW, you're better than 3 other teams in a league of 32. Anyone scared? Winning a division is not the goal. Winning a championship is. Dallas has ZERO chance at winning a championship next year.

JBS

Reaction score
Again, that means absolutely nothing. WoW, you're better than 3 other teams in a league of 32. Anyone scared? Winning a division is not the goal. Winning a championship is. Dallas has ZERO chance at winning a championship next year.
You can't win anything if you dont get in..to suggest getting into the postseason is worthless is stupid

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Getting into the playoffs and losing in the Wildcard round is like turning 50 and it’s one and done.. and wife looks at you.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
I've read and liked some of your previous posts. But this one doesn't strike a chord. It may be good for Dak, but not for the Cowboys.

Dak playing on a second tag would be a disaster. Not only can Dallas not be a player in free agency, but they can't even extend players needed to be extended on their team. And for what? So Dak can walk away? No way Dak plays on the tag unless Jerry is a full on moron.

Never count out Jerry.

Flamma

Reaction score
You can't win anything if you dont get in..to suggest getting into the postseason is worthless is stupid

As an example. Washington and Chicago was useless. They had zero chance at going anywhere. Everyone knew it.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hopefully this 3 year nightmare will end March 9th!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
hes starting to look like a bobble head doll....I wonder if he realizes how much this fan base would embrace him if he did a 5 year 35 million dollar deal.

yea there are still going to be people that see that as overpayment but I’d say the majority would feel good with him around that price point.

man I hope jerry doesn’t cave and give him a stupid 40m plus contract

I'm sorry but this is a clear example of thinking that players play with the same currency regular people do. If I'm a player, who gives a spit what the fan base thinks? The same people praising Dak during the Zeke negotiations for "waiting his turn" are now the same ones calling him greedy because he won't let himself get taken advantage of in negotiations so they'll feel comfortable. Zeke didn't care and it was the best business decision he ever made despite the "bad agent advice" hope-posting that was here. When we cut a player it's just business and nothing personal. When it comes time for a player to get his business done, then it magically morphs to personal. They don't care what fans think and they're wise not to.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Geez, it is just gonna end up being a five that gives both parties an out after three. Dak will get a big 3rd contract and the team will save face on the length. The idea of a straight three year is silly - we are going to have a down year cap wise but that's totally manageable if we can push bonus into later years

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Does anyone seriously give any credence to what the alleged insiders even say anymore? On a side note, this has to be the worst team to cover; a team that never makes any splashes in FA and the only thing they have to talk about is will we or won't we overpay for our mediocre guys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
AavjwfU.jpg

JBS

Reaction score
As an example. Washington and Chicago was useless. They had zero chance at going anywhere. Everyone knew it.

Well yeah, when is the last time Dallas was that?

irving

Reaction score
I'm sorry but this is a clear example of thinking that players play with the same currency regular people do. If I'm a player, who gives a spit what the fan base thinks? The same people praising Dak during the Zeke negotiations for "waiting his turn" are now the same ones calling him greedy because he won't let himself get taken advantage of in negotiations so they'll feel comfortable. Zeke didn't care and it was the best business decision he ever made despite the "bad agent advice" hope-posting that was here. When we cut a player it's just business and nothing personal. When it comes time for a player to get his business done, then it magically morphs to personal. They don't care what fans think and they're wise not to.
Great post and extremely true about some fans.