Broaddus:Quinn eyeing Molden

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Interesting..

Do they see him as a Free or Strong?

Im watching some of his stuff right now and he is making plays when he is playing underneath like a SS does in a cover 3.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Barf.

Holland is the only one of that group I'd want at #44.

Molden is a 3rd round prospect at best IMO. He's limited to nickel and slot.....and spare me the "his instincts tho" comments. He's small, slow, and short playing against alpha athletes and 6'-2"+ receivers that run 4.4s.

Elijah Molden NFL Draft Overview

Position: Cornerback
Height: 5-foot-9 ½”
Weight: 192 pounds
Arms: 29 ½”
Hands: 9 ½”
School: Washington

Pro Day Performance Results
40-yard dash: 4.59
Vertical: 36.5”
Broad: 125”
Bench press: 13 reps

JBS

Reaction score
Barf.

Holland is the only one of that group I'd want at #44.

Molden is a 3rd round prospect at best IMO. He's limited to nickel and slot.....and spare me the "his instincts tho" comments. He's small, slow, and short playing against alpha athletes and 6'-2"+ receivers that run 4.4s.

Elijah Molden NFL Draft Overview

Position: Cornerback
Height: 5-foot-9 ½”
Weight: 192 pounds
Arms: 29 ½”
Hands: 9 ½”
School: Washington

Pro Day Performance Results
40-yard dash: 4.59
Vertical: 36.5”
Broad: 125”
Bench press: 13 reps

What can you tell us about the actual player on the field..anybody can find his pro day info

RS12

Reaction score
Two corners in the first two rounds? Risen might turn in his fan card. Hope those two are real good at covering and tackling because with the trash in front of them it will be a necessity.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What can you tell us about the actual player on the field..anybody can find his pro day info

Good college player. Best playing zone underneath in the slot which is why I would imagine there may be some real interest with the new defensive staff. That said, he cannot (at least I'm sure of it) play outside against NFL caliber receivers and I would not want to put him in single high safety coverages as he doesn't have the footspeed or length.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Good college player. Best playing zone underneath in the slot which is why I would imagine there may be some real interest with the new defensive staff. That said, he cannot (at least I'm sure of it) play outside against NFL caliber receivers and I would not want to put him in single high safety coverages as he doesn't have the footspeed or length.
Their interest in him is to put him at single high. He did that at Washington besides playing in the slot.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In the 2nd round. Said both coaches and scouts are in. Says Quinn would move him to safety just like he moved Kazee from CB to safety after he was drafted. Other targets at 44 Holland, Ossai, Bolton.

note:draft101 is live right now on 105.3 the fan. Some good nuggets.

In other words, they're targeting safety or LBer at 44.........

Cowboyny

Reaction score
In the 2nd round. Said both coaches and scouts are in. Says Quinn would move him to safety just like he moved Kazee from CB to safety after he was drafted. Other targets at 44 Holland, Ossai, Bolton.

note:draft101 is live right now on 105.3 the fan. Some good nuggets.
Clearly Quinn is targeting high competitive type of players.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He did not play single high at any significant clip in college.
This is from Dane Brugler:

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Washington, Molden played a nickel role in head coach Jimmy Lake’s five-man starting secondary, lining up primarily vs. the slot receiver while also seeing reps as a single-high safety. He was part of a secondary in 2018 with three future draft picks (Byron Murphy, Taylor Rapp, Jordan Miller) before announcing himself as a legitimate NFL prospect as a junior in 2019, leading the team in tackles, passes defended and interceptions. With his reactive athleticism, Molden quickly processes pass/run and stays coordinated in zone and man coverage to make plays on the ball. While scrappy and smart, you wish he were longer and faster to provide the versatility to play outside. Overall, Molden’s lack of ideal size, length and twitch will be a disadvantage at times vs. NFL skill players, but his instincts, competitive nature and read/react skills are tailor-made for a starting nickel role who shouldn’t leave the field (defense or special teams). GRADE: 2nd Round (No. 45 overall)