Broaddus:Quinn eyeing Molden

visionary

Reaction score
This tells me Quinn absolutely SUCKS when it comes to player personnel decisions. Look at what he did in Atlanta? His defenses absolutely SUCKED, and now he's bringing his SUCKY decisions to Dallas.

Enjoy (not towards you, CPT). Let's see the fools who glorify this mental midget of a DC.

Agree

chicago JK

Reaction score
Never heard of him. Although after doing a quick Youtube search, I like what I see. This team needs more playmakers and tough guys on defense. It also seems like several draft guys (Jeremiah and Bruglar) have him in their top 50. Not saying I am on board, but he looks like a good college player. Will it translate to the pros...not sure.

Also, hopefully it is not Quinn who is eyeing prospects for us to draft.

Carson

Reaction score
Never heard of him. Although after doing a quick Youtube search, I like what I see. This team needs more playmakers and tough guys on defense. It also seems like several draft guys (Jeremiah and Bruglar) have him in their top 50. Not saying I am on board, but he looks like a good college player. Will it translate to the pros...not sure.

Also, hopefully it is not Quinn who is eyeing prospects for us to draft.
My biggest gripe is he projects best as a slot guy. We just paid Lewis big and already paid Brown

fivetwos

Reaction score
I call BS.

This is an elaborate ruse designed to change the entire course of the draft.

I just know it.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Molden is the #2 option at FS in my eyes. Would be a good pick at 44. Tyrann Mathieu is obviously a very lofty comp...but I think it’s a pretty good 1 for Molden

Oh Jesus....please stop with your bad takes.....:banghead:

This would be just the kind of move we would make. It's a horrible idea. We are so desperate for a free safety....we are just gonna make one up out of thin air just so we can take one in the 2nd round.

Beaker42

Reaction score
This is from Dane Brugler:

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Washington, Molden played a nickel role in head coach Jimmy Lake’s five-man starting secondary, lining up primarily vs. the slot receiver while also seeing reps as a single-high safety. He was part of a secondary in 2018 with three future draft picks (Byron Murphy, Taylor Rapp, Jordan Miller) before announcing himself as a legitimate NFL prospect as a junior in 2019, leading the team in tackles, passes defended and interceptions. With his reactive athleticism, Molden quickly processes pass/run and stays coordinated in zone and man coverage to make plays on the ball. While scrappy and smart, you wish he were longer and faster to provide the versatility to play outside. Overall, Molden’s lack of ideal size, length and twitch will be a disadvantage at times vs. NFL skill players, but his instincts, competitive nature and read/react skills are tailor-made for a starting nickel role who shouldn’t leave the field (defense or special teams). GRADE: 2nd Round (No. 45 overall)
That eval screams 4th rd, not 2nd .........

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
When they draft a real FS instead of drafting CBs with the intention of changing their position, they will be addressing the issue.

Thank you....someone gets it. This idea of position flex is so dumb. :banghead:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Molden is the #2 option at FS in my eyes. Would be a good pick at 44. Tyrann Mathieu is obviously a very lofty comp...but I think it’s a pretty good 1 for Molden

You do realize Mathieu ran a 4.31 on his pro day.....and this Molden kid barely broke 4.6???? These 2 guys couldn't be further different. :omg:

morasp

Reaction score
Bolton is the only guy worth 44 the others would be reach picks but good targets at 75 I love his football character and instincts but NFL projects Molden as a round 3 pick. Like I said in another post they couldn't have pick a worse year to make safety a priority.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Bolton is the only guy worth 44 the others would be reach picks but good targets at 75 I love his football character and instincts but NFL projects Molden as a round 3 pick. Like I said in another post they couldn't have pick a worse year to make safety a priority.[/QUOTE
He is rated as a 2nd rd pick by many. Dane has him at 45. All these prospects are considered 2nd rd players, where Ossai might have the best chance of going first

morasp

Reaction score
He's rated 65 by the NFL.com rankings and doesn't even have a starter grade at 6.25. The reason I follow NFL.com is because most of "the many" are wrong too frequently. We could have had Winfield last year at 44, who was a much better prospect. This is a terrible year for safeties.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He's rated 65 by the NFL.com rankings and doesn't even have a starter grade at 6.25. We could have had Winfield last year at 44, much better prospect. This is a terrible year for safeties.
I loved Winfield, but still would of drafted Diggs if they were both there. I don't understand all the hate people have with Molden. He pretty much played the same role as Holland with Washington. Quinn has a history of converting nickel backs into free safeties. He possesses the necessary instincts and phyiscality that the position requires. NFL bloodlines and is cut from the same cloth as Horn with his competitiveness.

If I had a choice, would prefer more of a natural safety, but outside of Grant, the other two are projections for the single high position, just like Molden. Would love to get Molden at 75, but he is too good to fall that far. He is probably in that same range as Holland late 2, early 3. The safety class is underwhelming, where you have to look at all options.

morasp

Reaction score
I loved Winfield, but still would of drafted Diggs if they were both there. I don't understand all the hate people have with Molden. He pretty much played the same role as Holland with Washington. Quinn has a history of converting nickel backs into free safeties. He possesses the necessary instincts and phyiscality that the position requires. NFL bloodlines and is cut from the same cloth as Horn with his competitiveness.

If I had a choice, would prefer more of a natural safety, but outside of Grant, the other two are projections for the single high position, just like Molden. Would love to get Molden at 75, but he is too good to fall that far. He is probably in that same range as Holland late 2, early 3. The safety class is underwhelming, where you have to look at all options.
I like him at 75, I think Johnson and Holland are comparable and one should be there at 75. Even If they needed to move up from 75 to pick him even though he's slow and short fthat would be fine with me otherwise take Johnson or Holland but don't use a premium pick like 44 on a guy ranked 65th. That's what loser teams do. Best case they would move up from 44 to get the one safety in the draft that actually has a starter grade. Mike Fisher says they love Moehrig.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I like him at 75, I think Johnson and Holland are comparable and one should be there at 75. Even If they needed to move up from 75 to pick him even though he's slow and short fthat would be fine with me otherwise take Johnson or Holland but don't use a premium pick like 44 on a guy ranked 65th. That's what loser teams do. Best case they would move up from 44 to get the one safety in the draft that actually has a starter grade. Mike Fisher says they love Moehrig.
I don't think they are interested in Johnson, he is a horrendous tackler. I would be surprised if either Molden or Holland are there at 75. I know you use 1 site for your rankings, but the majority of boards, have Molden as a firm 2nd rd player, where Holland is more of a 2/3. Due to the scarcity of the position and the demand, you usually see Safeties fly off the board, you cannot wait on them and hope they fall.

morasp

Reaction score
I don't think they are interested in Johnson, he is a horrendous tackler. I would be surprised if either Molden or Holland are there at 75. I know you use 1 site for your rankings, but the majority of boards, have Molden as a firm 2nd rd player, where Holland is more of a 2/3. Due to the scarcity of the position and the demand, you usually see Safeties fly off the board, you cannot wait on them and hope they fall.
And Lamb wasn't going to there at our first pick and Diggs wasn't going to be there at our second go figure. They both had starter grades and they both ended up starting. Good teams let the draft come to them. Bottom line is we've really limited our options for BPA with our first two picks by not adequately replacing Chido and Woods and now they may have to reach for players. Most of these sites follow the masses and you end up with peanut butter rankings. NFL isn't afraid to rank them the way the see them. Tackling can be coached instincts can't, and Earl Thomas wasn't a tackling machine for the Seahawks.. For the record I would be thrilled with Johnson at 75.

Last edited:

tm1119

Reaction score
Oh Jesus....please stop with your bad takes.....:banghead:

This would be just the kind of move we would make. It's a horrible idea. We are so desperate for a free safety....we are just gonna make one up out of thin air just so we can take one in the 2nd round.

You do realize Mathieu ran a 4.31 on his pro day.....and this Molden kid barely broke 4.6???? These 2 guys couldn't be further different. :omg:

1st, it’s not my comparison. It’s Lance Zierlein’s, I’m sure you think you know more than him too.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/elijah-molden/32004d4f-4c13-3930-d65b-e9f65d0cbd65

2nd, I already know for a fact that you are a moron. You have 14,000+ posts to prove it, remember Anthony Walker? You’re opinion means less than nothing to me so if you don’t like mine just ignore it. It will save me from having to insult you.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He's rated 65 by the NFL.com rankings and doesn't even have a starter grade at 6.25. The reason I follow NFL.com is because most of "the many" are wrong too frequently. We could have had Winfield last year at 44, who was a much better prospect. This is a terrible year for safeties.

You better get one of the top 3....or your screwed. I wouldn't be shocked if we are eyeing a trade down w/ Baltimore...scooping up those late 2 #1's..........

morasp

Reaction score
You better get one of the top 3....or your screwed. I wouldn't be shocked if we are eyeing a trade down w/ Baltimore...scooping up those late 2 #1's..........
That's a good idea that I wouldn't mind a bit.