Twitter: Broaddus: Swap draft spots with the Jets for Cooper

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
True but if you're a team at the top of the draft with cap space and looking for top 10 vet WR.....why not consider a swap. Doesn't have to be the Jets as BB mentioned. To me, if we could swap with any top 15 teams using Coop it's worth considering. For example, the Chiefs are picking 15 and more likely looking at defense. They could have Coop and our 24 in exchange for 15. What's even sweeter, we jump ahead of Philly's three 1st rounders.

Of course the reality is this is highly unlikely........just not Jerry and Stephen

Congratulations Broaddus, a trade that benefit's nobody. We lose WR1 to go up 10/15 places to pick a player we that probably isnt much of an upgrade in quality, in a draft that's deep in good players, but weak in elite prospects.

A better option for both teams would be to trade Coop for the Jets 2nd round at least we would get us a decent EXTRA pick at 35, (and the CAP relief) and the Jets get to keep their two first rounders (and Coop).

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I'm speaking in reference to the proposal hinted at by Broaddus. I wouldn't think they were that stupid. Then again, I wouldn't think we'd be stuck on stupid either 26 years and counting. ;) :(

The trade is far fetched but if there is any franchise dumb enough it would be the Jets. Still a low probability but the Jets being dumb leaves the door open a crack.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Whom or what are you going after with your #1 pick and best WR? Would be a bad move for Dallas. That’s the kind of move you do only to find a franchise QB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wasn’t aware the JEts were a smart franchise?
I guess my application of hyperbole, used to illustrate how frustrated I am with this franchise, doesn't come across too well sans the assistance of emoticons. :(

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Interesting......hadn't thought of using Coop to move up in the draft but with this draft lacking many blue-chippers, I suppose it possible. What BB is saying is neither team loses a pick, Cowboys get 4th pick and Jets 24th.

Can't help but think Jerry might not do it, since it wasn't his idea.
I'm not too certain his ego would allow him to submit to it. :omg:

Come to think of it, the same thing might apply to Stephen, too!

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
Baltimore has 2 first round WRs on the roster already. What they need is interior OLine help and probably some pass rush neither of which the Cowboys exactly have to trade.

Wouldn’t it be interesting to see Amari AND Tank traded this year to a team for a single first round pick.

I could see both sides of this scenario thinking they hit a home run, or got totally fleeced. Lol. I am thinking that the acquiring team would be the team that got fleeced in that scenario, but there is no telling how either would play with a change of scenery.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This would only be possible if Jerry and Stephen shut their mouths and only publicly refer to Amari as a key asset to the franchise.

However— they have already publicly questioned his value and hinted at how the “salary cap” is a “real thing”— so they have undermined themselves in terms of their trade positioning before any negotiations even begin lol…

Pretty sure all 32 teams know how the cap works and can read the writing on the wall. Dallas is in bad shape and has other resources dedicated to the position. Kind of an obvious situation that Cooper could be on the outs

RonWashington

Reaction score
Broadus doesn’t reach high enough . Why the Jets. Heck tell Doug Pederson you take our # 1 this year Amari Cooper and Dallas second round pick in 2023 for the rights to the top pick this year . Gives Lawrence a veteran target they still get a pick round one and a high pick next yr . If your Will McClay Jerry Jones and MM who’s your top pick of the draft get Dallas to next level ? I mean that’s as likely a trade as getting the Jets to take the bait .

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Good suggestion by BB.
10 for 24 would be a great move for both teams.

NYJ need a guy who can be reliable for Wilson and Cooper would get all the targets he wants.

Dallas would free up cap space and pick about where they found Micah.
Dallas values draft more than NYJ does. But NYJ keep pick 4 so don't lose top target.

Motorola

Reaction score
Lots of comments that have a wide range of outcomes.
Will definitely refer back to this post to see if Broaddus' idea actually happens, or which CZoner's preference \ prediction comes closest to what the Cowboys do with Cooper.

RonWashington

Reaction score
No one is giving Dallas # 1 picks for a tackle yr 11 can’t give you 15 games let alone 17 and the playoffs or Amari Cooper who’s expensive when you can draft a rookie wide out comparable for a rookie contract. Where does the over value of Cowboy roster start in Jerry’s office or the media ?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
....or just keep Coop.

You all really feel comfortable with Lamb as your #1?
If this team cuts Cooper it ends any chance of being a serious contender next year.

If it trades Cooper for a top 10 pick and can have an OL that would give it a run game like SF then maybe they can contend by running the ball and getting WRs in the 2nd and 3rd/4th.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
No one is going to trade for a $20mil base salary for a WR.

It would take a team that thinks it's close to being a contender (or is a contender and needs a WR), and they're not going to give us much draft capital in return.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I still fail to see how the Jets would see Amari Cooper as a player they need to add NOW.....when they are at least another two years away from contending.

Cooper is a finishing piece for a team ready to win, not a building block/core player for a 3-5 win team.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yea who needs a talented wr taking up double teams anyway.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The front office has managed to completely telegraph its future with Cooper. Unless there are multiple teams who are hot for his services, i'm not sure we'll see a trade. If we're lucky, maybe you can get a team to fork over a 2nd rounder.

Big_D

Reaction score
lol No player swap is getting them to the 10th pick.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
MOVE UP IN THE 2ND ROUND TO GET A PLAYER WITH A FIRST ROUND GRADE WOULD BE BETTER