Twitter: Broaddus: Swap draft spots with the Jets for Cooper

fivetwos

Reaction score
Maybe the Jets havent figured out that the CAP is a real thing yet.
Stephen just finally figured it out.
They have plenty of room to fit Cooper in.

I just see why they would want him. Don't see the fit.

They are also giving away the equal of a late first to get him.

That's how you rebuild?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They have plenty of room to fit Cooper in.

I just see why they would want him. Don't see the fit.

They are also giving away the equal of a late first to get him.

That's how you rebuild?
The Jets hold the 4 = 1800 pts
The Cowboys hold the 24 = 740 pts
The question we must consider is Coop worth 1060 pts to the Jets?
Irregardless cap implications, just off the draft value chart.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Jets hold the 4 = 1800 pts
The Cowboys hold the 24 = 740 pts
The question we must consider is Coop worth 1060 pts to the Jets?
Irregardless cap implications, just off the draft value chart.
Well I think we would be talking about the tenth pick.

Still though.....this would imply that he carries close to the same value (a mid to low first) as he did 3.5 years ago before the chronic foot problems and 20 million dollar salary.

Um no.

His value is a 3rd, and when he gets flat out released people will see that was a generous assessment.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL this stuff is so crazy. The only person on the planet that is willing to trade for Cooper and give him 20 million per year is Jerry so unless Jerry is able to buy another team and trade with himself this pipe dream will never happen.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Why not trade Zeke for a first while we are at it LOL. Trade D Flaw for a first as well. Solve all our problems by trading our overpaid trash for insanely valuable draft picks. Just that easy.

Adreme

Reaction score
Neither Brown nor Watkins have been consistent for the Ravens. Jackson's go-to guy is tight end Andrews. Brown is hit or miss. He has never been consistent.
The Ravens need a consistent receiving thread beyond Andrews.
Second, I never said anything about them trading "the equivalent of a second round pick." I said swapping places with the Cowboys.
The Ravens pick #14, the Cowboys #24.
Are you telling me that if the Ravens don't find the player they're looking for at #14, they would swap picks for Amari move down to #24 to allow the Cowboys to jump to #14?
This really isn't a strong draft. I could see it happening.
But it's mere speculation at this point. I'm just saying such a proposal isn't crazy.

I’m saying they would be looking for interior OLine, a RT, or a pass rusher and one of those will be there. Also as inconsistent as he supposedly was his numbers mirrored Lamb.

It is not like the Ravens, a team with a good front office, to trade the equivalent of a mid 2nd for a player on a way too big contract that would likely be cut anyway.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The Jets aren't as stupid as the Cowboys. They'll hold on to their picks where they are and end up getting Amari if they want him anyway.

Ah yes, the always successful, ever intelligent Jets. They always make excellent draft and roster decisions.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I like Amari but this is a deal I’d do. We’re just wasting Amari’s talents anyway, so unless that’s going to get fixed, getting his contract off the books would be great.

At pick #4, Hamilton, Stingley Jr, or Neal are all franchise talents at positions of need, and one at least would be there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This would only be possible if Jerry and Stephen shut their mouths and only publicly refer to Amari as a key asset to the franchise.

However— they have already publicly questioned his value and hinted at how the “salary cap” is a “real thing”— so they have undermined themselves in terms of their trade positioning before any negotiations even begin lol…
Teams aren’t stupid though lol. All of these owners and GM talk to each other….

fivetwos

Reaction score
Let's say you're a team that decides Amari Cooper is a nice addition and you'd like to pursue getting him. Not far fetched by any means.

Choices......

1. You can wait for him to be released by Dallas. But are you assured of getting him? More importantly, will he accept your offer of 2/40 million with zero bonus?

2. You can trade a pick to Dallas and defintely get him, AND for those terms.

This is why he doesn't carry zero value and should not just be released.

If Jerry can't weasel at least a mid rounder out of someone he is even more useless than I thought.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Teams aren’t stupid though lol. All of these owners and GM talk to each other….

True but if you're a team at the top of the draft with cap space and looking for top 10 vet WR.....why not consider a swap. Doesn't have to be the Jets as BB mentioned. To me, if we could swap with any top 15 teams using Coop it's worth considering. For example, the Chiefs are picking 15 and more likely looking at defense. They could have Coop and our 24 in exchange for 15. What's even sweeter, we jump ahead of Philly's three 1st rounders.

Of course the reality is this is highly unlikely........just not Jerry and Stephen

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Interesting......hadn't thought of using Coop to move up in the draft but with this draft lacking many blue-chippers, I suppose it possible. What BB is saying is neither team loses a pick, Cowboys get 4th pick and Jets 24th.

Gosh BB is the worst. No way Jets make that trade.