Twitter: Broaddus talking about Stephen Jones

dsturgeon

Reaction score
There are varying levels of success. That's the point that you purposely miss in order to to prop up the job done by the Jones family.

Every team has bad breaks. Every team screws something up. Every team blows a big game. So to argue that we are the victims of bad luck and Jerry has done a nice job building this franchise is hilarious.

There have been 26 teams that have made a conference champ game. That's 81% of the league. The Cowboys are not in the group that includes the Pats and Packers and Steelers. They share the same distinction as the Bengals, Browns, Lions. Think about that.

It's sad when Cowboys fans make excuses for their franchise, especially when the evidence is so damning.

This is wrong and I will show you why. If you look back on years, and your team is not involved, the playoff games are not that big of a deal. You don't say, this team didn't win, but their GM put together a quality playoff team.

You said 13 teams have won a superbowl in the last 26 years. 2 teams go to the superbowl 1 team wins
double that 26 have gone to the championship. 4 teams go to the championship 2 teams win.

Among those13 winners, and 26 championship (LOSERS), there are teams that are of the same quality. But injuries, bad calls (which do change seasons), and bad luck as you say effect the outcome.

Jerry jones has been a complete loser in the past 26 years. I said, I think you are a loser if you dont win the superbowl.

But looking at how things play out, I don't think having other GM's would increase the number of wins in the superbowl the cowboys have had. I have said in other threads, the Patriots GM/owner got so much credit for so many years, and all the talk about how good they were, but since Brady is gone, they will most likely be irrelevant, like all the 31 losing teams.

Because superbowls are won by 1 or 2 abnormal players in a 1-3 year window, with the right team, and at the right time, with the right amount of luck. And top draft picks dont gaurentee those players. Good management and drafting increase the chances, but that gets skewed in the end as well.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is wrong and I will show you why. If you look back on years, and your team is not involved, the playoff games are not that big of a deal. You don't say, this team didn't win, but their GM put together a quality playoff team.

You said 13 teams have won a superbowl in the last 26 years. 2 teams go to the superbowl 1 team wins
double that 26 have gone to the championship. 4 teams go to the championship 2 teams win.

Among those13 winners, and 26 championship (LOSERS), there are teams that are of the same quality. But injuries, bad calls (which do change seasons), and bad luck as you say effect the outcome.

Jerry jones has been a complete loser in the past 26 years. I said, I think you are a loser if you dont win the superbowl.

But looking at how things play out, I don't think having other GM's would increase the number of wins in the superbowl the cowboys have had. I have said in other threads, the Patriots GM/owner got so much credit for so many years, and all the talk about how good they were, but since Brady is gone, they will most likely be irrelevant, like all the 31 losing teams.

Because superbowls are won by 1 or 2 abnormal players in a 1-3 year window, with the right team, and at the right time, with the right amount of luck. And top draft picks dont gaurentee those players. Good management and drafting increase the chances, but that gets skewed in the end as well.

Again this is just excuse making for the Jones.

They have done a poor job as football stewards since Jimmy was pushed out the door. I question the sanity of any Cowboys fan that tries to argue the Jones boys have done a nice job, just beset by bad luck. That is not a rational stance. Their peers over the last 25 years are the Lions, Skins, Browns, Dolphins and Bengals. That should disturb you and depress you but instead you think the Cowboys have done a good job. LOL.

Mannix

Reaction score
------yeah he appears to be cheap as hell

Appears?????

Majic

Reaction score
Not surprised. As much crap as Jerry gets, I think his son has been the worse one here.

Honestly I wish they would skip Stephen and just make his kid GM.

Will be Stephen's nephew next up

Majic

Reaction score

They have done a poor job as football stewards since Jimmy was pushed out the door. I question the sanity of any Cowboys fan that tries to argue the Jones boys have done a nice job, just beset by bad luck. That is not a rational stance. Their peers over the last 25 years are the Lions, Skins, Browns, Dolphins and Bengals. That should disturb you and depress you but instead you think the Cowboys have done a good job. LOL.

Overall they have done a terrible job and Jerry admitted a few years back, he would have been fired by now if he was GM for another team. The best years were when they had less involvement (Jimmy, Bill). I'm not sure what will change going forward, they speak to a lot of people for advice, but that doesn't seem to help. Until I see a HC with real power to change things around there I have little confidence

dsturgeon

Reaction score

Once again I have called them losers. But what everyone claims is false. They claim because they are losers, doing something differently will equate to wins. Which is not the case. They could have gone through many GM's and not succeeded.

There is no denying they are losers, but they have been competitive with a couple of teams that "could have won". Which makes them better than a lot of teams.

So, like everyone else, keep living in fantasy land and equating the jones not being in charge equaling the winning of superbowls. That formula is just not true.

The patriots will most likely prove this. If they don't get back to a superbowl and win in the next 10 years, do they have the amazing gm/owner/coach, or was it tom brady

My formula, is that obtaining 1 or 2 abnormaly dominant players, on the right team, at the right time, has a 1-3 year window to win. Which seems to be the pattern since the salary cap, and is the reason only 13 out of 32 teams have won superbowls. And having top draft picks does not mean you get those players

GM's/owners/coaches do have an effect on this, but it is a small percentage of obtaining those special players.

Last edited: