Twitter: Broaddus talking about Stephen Jones

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Something tells me that Broaddus may have personal issues with Stephen. Is it possible he was a bit upset with his situation with the FO? o_O

plymkr

Reaction score
We were making smart football decisions.

Demarcus, Demarco, and even Dez.

There were a few other smart decisions we made.

Then we got stupid again with the Zeke deal.. Then Jaylon.. Waited forever to sign Lawrence.

So no wonder Todd France knows he can get Dak all that money. They know the Jones's are bluffing.
It's like the DLaw contract started a wave of stupidity with our front office. We just started caving to everyone. Now we are at the point of no return. Everyone in he league saw how Dak got every single thing he wanted from the negotiation. When a player rails you that hard then we're in trouble. Dak didn't give an inch and we buckled and caved.

You know what I don't understand. I get that Jerry and Fatso are not that bright. I get it. I've been getting it for years. But what I don't get is why do they broadcast everything to everyone. Seriously, all jokes aside. Someone please give me another example of a player wanting a contract and the owner/GM comes out and says that the player has all the leverage in the weeks prior to the signing.

I mean any major sport, or minor sport. When has the owner or GM of a team come out and say the player holds all the cards?

Never in my 45 years of watching sports on any level have I seen a player want a contract and the owner/GM comes out and announces to the public that the player has all the leverage. This chain of events not only has Cowboys fans talking bad about our FO but now other people are coming out and saying it. That's good, Finally. Our ownership/GMs are a complete joke and they solidified their place as the worst in the NFL by this contract. And that's nothing against Dak but the behavior leading up to the signing by running their mouths talking about a deal is imminent 18 months ago and then announcing Dak has the leverage. It's like Jerry- Shut up. Stop talking. Just because someone puts a microphone in your face doesn't mean you have to talk into it. Leave something to the imagination. Then completely caving in on everything. C'mon man. So weak. So pathetic. The whole NFL and every agent is laughing at us and they should be cuz we're a joke of a franchise.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
People act like the jones are letting down the fans. They have built the most profitable sports franchise, and it is family run. It is an amazing feat, and people want to destroy how it is run, and backseat drive it
We don’t want to destroy it by any means but I’d venture a guess that a fair number of us on this board could run it better than SJ.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He left on his own...
He was fired by Parcells and said so several times when he was on Randy Galloway's show. What was interesting was he didn't seem to have a problem with Parcells at all, in fact, said he liked him. But you could tell he didn't feel that way about everyone in the front office.

He had contacts there and would reveal tidbits that, of course, Galloway would just get giddy over. One was they were worried about Booger's health because he was so depressed because Parcells made him take a backseat and he was, once again, in the shadow of a strong HC. He was in a deep funk.

They got back at Galloway for that by not letting him ride in the party car on the train from LA to SD for the annual preseason trip and Galloway was so pissed he was on the air talking about it and I had to pull over I was laughing so hard. Evidently, back then, that party car was like Vegas, what happens in party car stays in the party car.

I know two people that have had dealings with the son and neither has anything good to say about him. I don't know much about him but both said he is far more impressed with himself than anyone else is.

Maybe Booger shouldn't play the first born, first in game and play it more like Don Corleone and make Booger Jr. the next Don?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
We don’t want to destroy it by any means but I’d venture a guess that a fair number of us on this board could run it better than SJ.

I would guess you couldn't. In the last 27 years 15 teams have won superbowls. Jerry among them. That is 15 out of 32 teams over 27 years have won.

Reasons for wins:

Brady, the patriot defense for the first 2
Mahomes, and an exceptionally speedy and gifted offense
Ravens Defense
Pittsburgs Defense
Seatles Defense
Drew Breeze and an onside kick
Giants defene and a helmet catch

Refs making bad calls at certain times to get advance a team
so on

There is not a formula. Besides Brady, a well put together team seems to have a 2-3 year window to get a superbowl. Some teams get 2. Brady had two different sets of 3. And they all seem to revolve around 1 or 2 abnormally dominate players, with the right combination of players, at the right time. And top picks in the draft don't mean you get those players.

During Jerrys time the cowboys have put together multiple teams that could have won the superbowl. They didn't, but they could have.

But on the counter of that, if I was GM, I think I could win a superbowl too

Sydla

Reaction score
I would guess you couldn't. In the last 27 years 15 teams have won superbowls. Jerry among them. That is 15 out of 32 teams over 27 years have won.

Reasons for wins:

Brady, the patriot defense for the first 2
Mahomes, and an exceptionally speedy and gifted offense
Ravens Defense
Pittsburgs Defense
Seatles Defense
Drew Breeze and an onside kick
Giants defene and a helmet catch

Refs making bad calls at certain times to get advance a team
so on

There is not a formula. Besides Brady, a well put together team seems to have a 2-3 year window to get a superbowl. Some teams get 2. Brady had two different sets of 3. And they all seem to revolve around 1 or 2 abnormally dominate players, with the right combination of players, at the right time. And top picks in the draft don't mean you get those players.

During Jerrys time the cowboys have put together multiple teams that could have won the superbowl. They didn't, but they could have.

But on the counter of that, if I was GM, I think I could win a superbowl too

Interesting time line there. You basically stretched the time line until you could find the Cowboys last SB.

The reality is this franchise has been a bottom third performing franchise since Switzer won with the team largely constructed with Johnson's help.

Jerry and his son have been average to mediocre GMs. How anyone tries to argue otherwise is peculiar to me.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Interesting time line there. You basically stretched the time line until you could find the Cowboys last SB.

The reality is this franchise has been a bottom third performing franchise since Switzer won with the team largely constructed with Johnson's help.

Jerry and his son have been average to mediocre GMs. How anyone tries to argue otherwise is peculiar to me.

it is the same concept if you start after the cowboys won. I included it, because of the salary cap timeline. Even though the cowboys teams were mostly built before it, they are still a part.

The pattern is there. There is a 2 or 3 year window where teams win a superbowl and sometimes 2 superbowls. Except for the patriots who won 2 sets of 3. Other than that it is 1 win.

15 teams have won over 27 years. Or close, I did a rough count.

that means17 teams have not won. That is 17 teams failing all together, and 31 teams failing each year

Sydla

Reaction score
it is the same concept if you start after the cowboys won. I included it, because of the salary cap timeline. Even though the cowboys teams were mostly built before it, they are still a part.

The pattern is there. There is a 2 or 3 year window where teams win a superbowl and sometimes 2 superbowls. Except for the patriots who won 2 sets of 3. Other than that it is 1 win.

15 teams have won over 27 years. Or close, I did a rough count.

that means17 teams have not won. That is 17 teams failing all together, and 31 teams failing each year

It's rationalizing away the futility of the franchise under Jerry's sole control.

- 13 teams have won a SB since our last SB. GB, Den, Rams, Ravens, Pats, Bucs, Steelers, Colts, Giants, Saints, Seahawks, Eagles, Chiefs. On that list are some of the games greatest franchises - GB, Steelers, for example. Cowboys, apparently one of those elite franchises, hasn't sniffed a SB win since the mid 90s.

- 20 teams have made at least one SB since we last won our SB in 1995. GB, Den, Rams, Ravens, Pats, Bucs, Steelers, Colts, Giants, Saints, Seahawks, Eagles, Chiefs, Falcons, Titans, Raiders, Panthers, Bears, Cardinals, 49ers.

- Of the 32 total NFL teams, only 6 haven't made a conference title game in the last 25 years - Browns, Bengals, Dolphins, Skins, Lions and............. your Dallas Cowboys.

- 13 of the NFC teams have made at least one champ game since 1995. The three teams who have not made a NFC Title game in the last 25 years? Cowboys, Lions and Commanders.

There is no logical rational to try to argue that Jerry has done a great or even good job in his stewardship of the football side of the equation post-Jimmy. They have literally been one of the worst franchises over that period in terms of postseason success.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We were making smart football decisions.

Demarcus, Demarco, and even Dez.

There were a few other smart decisions we made.

Then we got stupid again with the Zeke deal.. Then Jaylon.. Waited forever to sign Lawrence.

So no wonder Todd France knows he can get Dak all that money. They know the Jones's are bluffing.

That post aged well and very quickly.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
It's rationalizing away the futility of the franchise under Jerry's sole control.

- 13 teams have won a SB since our last SB. GB, Den, Rams, Ravens, Pats, Bucs, Steelers, Colts, Giants, Saints, Seahawks, Eagles, Chiefs. On that list are some of the games greatest franchises - GB, Steelers, for example. Cowboys, apparently one of those elite franchises, hasn't sniffed a SB win since the mid 90s.

- 20 teams have made at least one SB since we last won our SB in 1995. GB, Den, Rams, Ravens, Pats, Bucs, Steelers, Colts, Giants, Saints, Seahawks, Eagles, Chiefs, Falcons, Titans, Raiders, Panthers, Bears, Cardinals, 49ers.

- Of the 32 total NFL teams, only 6 haven't made a conference title game in the last 25 years - Browns, Bengals, Dolphins, Skins, Lions and............. your Dallas Cowboys.

- 13 of the NFC teams have made at least one champ game since 1995. The three teams who have not made a NFC Title game in the last 25 years? Cowboys, Lions and Commanders.

There is no logical rational to try to argue that Jerry has done a great or even good job in his stewardship of the football side of the equation post-Jimmy. They have literally been one of the worst franchises over that period in terms of postseason success.
cuts right to the heart of it....so sad what they have become.....but hey, at least we're a ratings success each year:)

dsturgeon

Reaction score

In the end Nfc championships and superbowl losers are all losers. They dont matter. So, personally I don't see that as an accomplishment. And a lot of the teams that got there, the cowboys could have beat.

The year of the no catch with dez. They could have gone to the championship and to the superbowl. And they could have won it. That is not saying they would have won the championship or superbowl, but the team was good enough.

The year romo had the botched field goal, they could have gone to the champion ship.

My point is that there have been multiple teams that could have got there. The teams were built.

Sydla

Reaction score
In the end Nfc championships and superbowl losers are all losers. They dont matter. So, personally I don't see that as an accomplishment. And a lot of the teams that got there, the cowboys could have beat.

The year of the no catch with dez. They could have gone to the championship and to the superbowl. And they could have won it. That is not saying they would have won the championship or superbowl, but the team was good enough.

The year romo had the botched field goal, they could have gone to the champion ship.

My point is that there have been multiple teams that could have got there. The teams were built.

There are varying levels of success. That's the point that you purposely miss in order to to prop up the job done by the Jones family.

Every team has bad breaks. Every team screws something up. Every team blows a big game. So to argue that we are the victims of bad luck and Jerry has done a nice job building this franchise is hilarious.

There have been 26 teams that have made a conference champ game. That's 81% of the league. The Cowboys are not in the group that includes the Pats and Packers and Steelers. They share the same distinction as the Bengals, Browns, Lions. Think about that.

It's sad when Cowboys fans make excuses for their franchise, especially when the evidence is so damning.