Broaddus talks Cowboys OTA observation on Trey Lance and other young players

chagus

Reaction score
At the 10:00 minute mark, Bryan Broaddus mentions Trey Lance's practice performance at OTAs on Monday, June 3, 2024. From the 10:00 - 13:05 minute mark is when Broaddus talks about Trey Lance.

Trey Lance took over the offense from inside field goal range after Dak drove the offense down the field. Lance took over so the coaches could see him perform inside the red zone. Lance drove the offense inside the red zone but sadly threw an interception inside the endzone along the far left side. :oops:

Trey Lance needs reps and needs to keep improving. Cowboys need to know whether he will be able to supplant Cooper Rush and take over that backup QB spot or not. This is what the OTAs, mini-camp, training camp and preseason will be for.

Bryan Broaddus also talked a lot about other players (particularly rookies and 2nd and 3rd year players), how they are being used and how they look so far. Good 41 minute show for those who have the time to watch it.

Who picked him off?

Qcard

Reaction score
Less than 500 including HS. :facepalm::facepalm:
Dak Haters are oblivious.....they Hate Prescott so much they'd rather play find a franchise QB with Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones in the NIL era

Dak Haters are stuck in the past, they wouldn't fit into a modern NFL Lockerroom

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak Haters are oblivious.....they Hate Prescott so much they'd rather play find a franchise QB with Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones in the NIL era

Dak Haters are stuck in the past, they wouldn't fit into a modern NFL Lockerroom
true but you also have to acknowledge that some are just hoping that any change will help..again, I'm an all for a roster turn over..I'm am also very aware of the people in charge of this and understand how small of a chance it has of working with these people in charge. There are plenty that know Dak is good but what else can you hang your hope on if you know the real problem is not going anywhere....

Qcard

Reaction score
true but you also have to acknowledge that some are just hoping that any change will help..again, I'm an all for a roster turn over..I'm am also very aware of the people in charge of this and understand how small of a chance it has of working with these people in charge. There are plenty that know Dak is good but what else can you hang your hope on if you know the real problem is not going anywhere....
We LUCKED into Tony Romo

We LUCKED into Dakota Prescott

If Trey Lance does want Prescott did in 2016........then We LUCKED into another QB. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dak Haters are pontificating on their preferences.....they actually think their narratives have any grounding in reality

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We LUCKED into Tony Romo

If Trey Lance does want Prescott did in 2016........then We LUCKED into another QB. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dak Haters are pontificating on their preferences.....they actually think their narratives have any grounding in reality
all very true

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Man camp get here soon enough. Broaddus discussing a June interception is rock bottom. Why would Voch have this clown on anyway?

Chasing6

Reaction score
We LUCKED into Tony Romo

Hope/luck is not a strategy. Only crappy GM's rely heavily on luck.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Man camp get here soon enough. Broaddus discussing a June interception is rock bottom. Why would Voch have this clown on anyway?
Lol. I hear you bro, but something is better than nothing this time of year. Broaddus does a decent job giving us the latest news concerning the players.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
After hearing all the bs about how lance is mastering the offense he throws an easy interception. Let me also point out the reason they pulled Dak and put Lance in once inside field goal range was because when Lance had opportunity to run the offense he couldn't move the ball. The cowboys overpaid because another team was dumb enough to make him a 1st round pick. It's year 4 for lance and he still can't win a backup job. Time to move on
I hear you. We will find out for sure by the end of August whether Trey Lance is good enough to be our backup QB or not.