Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will likely move on from Biadasz

Kwyn

Reaction score
There are two, max, potential 1st round centers.

One from Duke and one from Oregon (Jackson Powers-Johnson). Powers-Johnson being the better of the two imo as he won the Remington award. I’m no expert though.

For those wondering, LB is thin for first round talent also, particularly in the middle

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Dumb. Can they do better? Yes. But will offensive line and QB fall apart if they don’t pick someone who can make an instant impact? Yes.

I doubt he’ll need much of a salary, just pay the man and look for better upgrades

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

One from Duke and one from Oregon (Jackson Powers-Johnson). Powers-Johnson being the better of the two imo as he won the Remington award. I’m no expert though.

For those wondering, LB is thin for first round talent also, particularly in the middle
beebee I think

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I disagree with you about that salary part.
Connor Williams, two-year $14 million contract only half of it was guaranteed. That means you can cut the guy and only get hit about 3 million on the cap. That feels like chump change to me when the cap is near $200 million. Again, I don’t think that Biadasz is a great talent but I do think he is steady. You don’t know what you have at center until you lose it. Until the talent is locked, I wouldn’t take those kind of chances wit’s the left tackle and right guard just a day away from retirement and who knows about our RT. Center IMO is 2nd most important position after left tackle on the line. I would argue that Troy Aikman‘s career started going down very quickly when he lost Stepnoski and Donaldson.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

yes please don't reach!!!!! we could get that with our first 2 picks, trade back, nab another 2nd round pick etc etc, get your center and LB

John813

Reaction score
Don't mind letting him walk. But just becomes another glaring hole for the draft.
Would just blow me away seeing another team trade up right before us to take a center lol

Sandyf

Reaction score
Philly will also probably look for a center although they might wait until the 2nd round to get the Georgia guy since they only draft Georgia players early.

I'm not sure we draft a center in the first because I believe they are willing to move on from Biadasz because they could move Bass to OC which isn't a bad idea. Bass can play OC and both guard spots as we have already seen and Hoffman isn't bad at OC either.

If we don't resign Tyron Smith then betting we go LT in the first because would be hard to believe they are willing to ride with Richards/Bostic/Waletzko as the options for LT.