Broaddus thinks the Cowboys will likely move on from Biadasz

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't mind letting him walk. But just becomes another glaring hole for the draft.
Would just blow me away seeing another team trade up right before us to take a center lol
he's not the only one, there's also free agency

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
wipes tears from my face, who are we going to get to replace him with? Centers don't grow on trees.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Free agency that this team has routinely avoided minus some backup level talent and the few diamond in the rough finds.
you just ruined my day, glad I gave my gifts to my wife and kids this morning before work!!! :rolleyes:

Carson

Reaction score
He’s the type of player Washington will way overpay day one

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Connor Williams, two-year $14 million contract only half of it was guaranteed. That means you can cut the guy and only get hit about 3 million on the cap. That feels like chump change to me when the cap is near $200 million. Again, I don’t think that Biadasz is a great talent but I do think he is steady. You don’t know what you have at center until you lose it. Until the talent is locked, I wouldn’t take those kind of chances wit’s the left tackle and right guard just a day away from retirement and who knows about our RT. Center IMO is 2nd most important position after left tackle on the line. I would argue that Troy Aikman‘s career started going down very quickly when he lost Stepnoski and Donaldson.
Take a closer look at the Cowboys cap situation. They can’t afford him.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not sure they replace him with a 1st rounder......how many in the draft ( solid 1st round centers that is ).

Kid from Oregon could be a first rounder. Also, Barton from Duke could be a first rounder and play OC.

In the 2nd round, you have Frazier from WVU and Van Pran from UGA.

Sydla

Reaction score
Imagine using a 1st round pick on a center.

Yup.

Centers really put teams over the hump, huh? Y’all remember Fredrick being a perineal all-pro and winning what? 1 Wild Card game in his career?
So who should we use the 24th pick on?

HungryLion

Reaction score
That would be admitting he's the running game problem. (I don't know he's the problem, but they do need to address the problem)
He’s not the only running game problem, but he is definitely one of them. An upgrade would help a lot.

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly will also probably look for a center although they might wait until the 2nd round to get the Georgia guy since they only draft Georgia players early.

I'm not sure we draft a center in the first because I believe they are willing to move on from Biadasz because they could move Bass to OC which isn't a bad idea. Bass can play OC and both guard spots as we have already seen and Hoffman isn't bad at OC either.

If we don't resign Tyron Smith then betting we go LT in the first because would be hard to believe they are willing to ride with Richards/Bostic/Waletzko as the options for LT.

Philly will likely not. They have two center candidates on the roster already - Jurgens and Dickerson.