Broaddus top 5 safeties

Rayman70

Reaction score
sorry bryan, your wrong. take rapp and make him the 6th rated safety. THEN insert savage at 2. Cant believe he omitted Savage from his top 5. He and Adderly are the cream of the crop.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if Rapp ends up being that pick, I will be sick. Now at 90, I'm all in. NOT AT 58.

Flamma

Reaction score
sorry bryan, your wrong. take rapp and make him the 6th rated safety. THEN insert savage at 2. Cant believe he omitted Savage from his top 5. He and Adderly are the cream of the crop.

Why did he even bother? If you didn't know a thing about football and had to pick the 5 best safety's, what would you do? Go to the board, bring up safety, pick the top 5. You'd get Rapp, Adderley, Thompson, Abram, Chauncey Johnson. He just skipped Chauncey and the next player is Thornhill.

I too think Savage is going to go much sooner than where I'm seeing him. I highly doubt he's there late in the 3rd.

Beaker42

Reaction score
That’s why I don’t trust anything BB says. He’s clueless. How he was ever a scout is beyond me.

Beaker42

Reaction score
You're wrong, he would be BPA at 58. He can lineup anywhere on the field and would make the secondary into elite, Jonathan Abram is my Alt pick.
And I’m so glad you’re not picking. That 4.77 40 of his is sooooo impressive compared to Savage’s or Adderley’s.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
And I’m so glad you’re not picking. That 4.77 40 of his is sooooo impressive compared to Savage’s or Adderley’s.

lol you lose all credibility when your main argument is 40 time, I'm pretty sure you wanted John Ross.
P.S. that 40 time is from High School and unofficial he runs 4.6

reddyuta

Reaction score
lol you lose all credibility when your main argument is 40 time, I'm pretty sure you wanted John Ross.
P.S. that 40 time is from High School and unofficial he runs 4.6

I like Rapp a lot but that slow 40 time will catch up with you in the NFL,i wouldnt be mad if we drafted him at 58 but they better sure he wont get isolated with TEs and RBs.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Rapp’s 40-time was from his Pro Day last week.

Incomplete stats P.S. those other stats matter much as the 40 time especially 3 cone and 20 yard drills.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...app-stalls-and-huskies-reunite-at-uw-pro-day/

Rapp, Gaskin produce dissimilar results

Taylor Rapp is almost certainly faster than Jake Browning.

But he (reportedly) didn’t show it on Monday.

After Browning ran the 40-yard dash in 4.74 seconds at the NFL Combine last month, Rapp — who is continuing to recover from a groin injury that kept him out of the Rose Bowl — registered a time between 4.74 and 4.77 seconds, according to tweets from NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah and NFL Draft analyst Rob Rang.

Rapp
40: 4.5
Bench: 17
Vertical: 35
Broad Jump: 115
3 cone: 6.82
20yd shuttle : 3.99

Savage
40: 4.36
Bench: 11
Vertical: 39.5
Broad Jump: 126
3 cone: 7.03
20yd shuttle : 4.14

waldoputty

Reaction score
Incomplete stats P.S. those other stats matter much as the 40 time especially 3 cone and 20 yard drills.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...app-stalls-and-huskies-reunite-at-uw-pro-day/

After Browning ran the 40-yard dash in 4.74 seconds at the NFL Combine last month, Rapp — who is continuing to recover from a groin injury that kept him out of the Rose Bowl — registered a time between 4.74 and 4.77 seconds, according to tweets from NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah and NFL Draft analyst Rob Rang.

Rapp

Savage

how does he recover for 2 stats but does not for the 40?
his 40 speed limits him

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Rapp

Savage

I like how you just pulled a new 40 time out of thin air (4.5?).

He ran 4.7 in high school at a lighter weight. His 40 times at his Pro Day only served to confirm that he doesn’t have long speed.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/taylor-rapp-a-bright-star-in-unheralded-safety-class

Last edited:

mcduff

Reaction score
Rapp is recovering from a hip flexor. Those are slow recoveries,no way to truely rest your hip.
His speed is fine, watch the tape, we will be lucky if he is there at 58. Very high, football IQ. Perfect QB for the back 5 of the defense.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm a Rapp fan, but I'd be hard pressed to draft a safety that can't run.

Great short area quickness, but how many quality Safeties in the league run a 4.7+?