Broaddus two questions about our D

quickccc

Reaction score
Lots of new players playing together for the first time.....

Actually, according to Dak, we are taking what teams give us.....

Aside from Donovan WIlson, those back secondary and nickel guys have been playing together since Day one.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Does he have these questions about every single defense in the NFL? Go watch any game. Chunk plays are more and more normal these days. This is becoming a wide open passing league. Chunk plays are normal in between the 20s. How many games do we see teams drive about 50 yards in under 30 seconds to win the game with no timeouts. Happening more and more.

Would I like to see less of them? Sure. But when they are also getting turnovers, you can live with some of those.

quickccc

Reaction score
Lots of new players playing together for the first time.....

Actually, according to Dak, we are taking what teams give us.....

Imo, when you are able to run the ball at will, i don't consider that taking what the defense gives you,..that's taking what you want to do.
You're dictating the momentum of the game and flat posing your will, regardless of what the opposing defenses prefer.
They know you're gonna try to run the ball, ..and they cannot do anything to stop it.

Kudos to Kellen for not choosing otherwise to go pass happy, and abandoning the run, he's sticking with a plan that works wonderfully
and don't fix what's not broken. :cool:

Bowdown27

Reaction score
You can ask this question about every defense in the nfl

try watching other teams play
Perfectly put. And we’re still not at full strength. Offensively Gallup and lael. Defense dlaw Wilson Joseph etc.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I believe the defense is below average to average overall.

I believe that 90% of the NFL defensives are average to below average - the NFL changed the rules for offense to rule. Cowboys defense is pretty decent overall between stopping the run - turnovers - pass rush compared to the rest of the league

really you could say that we have had such big leads that a lot of the yards against come against Dallas during prevent type defense

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We've played two "potential playoff QBs" and both games came down to FGs at the end. The D needs to get better for us to be favored in games like that, but we can compete with anyone as is.

JD--love your profile photo....looks like you were ready for hot Friday night date?

aikemirv

Reaction score
I keep seeing that we don't need DLaw, so the defense must be fine.
With the rush we are getting without Lawrence, he will have no excuses when he comes back. He should be able to really make some noise with Diggy and Gregory and Parsons drawing so much attention.

cristglo

Reaction score
I know some will disagree but these fair questions. Don't get me wrong, love the win but I'd be lying if I said the chunk plays we're giving didn't scare the hell out of me. The good news is we have plenty of time to clean it up,

Very concerning of the passing yards did they have a player they had almost 200 yards yes we won but that is pretty scary there

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With the rush we are getting without Lawrence, he will have no excuses when he comes back. He should be able to really make some noise with Diggy and Gregory and Parsons drawing so much attention.
Either that, or they should be able to wreak absolute havoc, if he's getting all the attention again.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Very concerning of the passing yards did they have a player they had almost 200 yards yes we won but that is pretty scary there

Byproduct of a dominating offense and playing with a lead.

Teams have to pass excessively to catch up.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
even though last 2 games we played weak teams, this current defense with Quinn and new players is 10x better than any defense dallas has had in over a decade.
It is getting turnovers also, so it is going to help this team win games.

I think dallas needs to be thinking about being top seed, otherwise they will have to play 3 games.

as the season goes forward dallas schedule is looking easier, as minn isnt doing good, NE is avg, KC is losing games and not looking like they have in past.
Denver and Raiders, are decent teams, but dallas looks better than them, and our div, seems to be weak again also.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Defense gets better every week . And that’s the most important thing. And we’re still missing the law. A rookie cornerback. If we keep getting better improving. Who knows.

quickccc

Reaction score
True but what about the front seven?????

i dunno what's going on with the front DL unit, I could see as the most confusion issues with late arrivals, too many men on field, wrong package as
with rookies Osa and Gholston, and still inexperienced Gregory, Anae,
but what's going on with vets like Kazee, Brown and Lewis in the secondary..,? .
And i'm still not yet certain who is calling the signals among the LBs, or the deep patrol coverages.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Played pretty well against the bucs on opening night. Pretty well against the panthers. And chargers.