Broaddus & Voch talk key players during OTAs/minicamp, plus best explanation why to keep Dak

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Video is 52 1/2 minutes long. Very good video with Bryan Broaddus and Voch Lombardi breaking down key players (starters and backups) during OTAs and minicamp leading up to training camp and their upcoming battles.

Sorry, I won't be including a time stamp for every player discussed throughout the video. Too many players. It's best if you have an hour to sit back, relax and enjoy the video. Plus, for those who want to go straight to the Trey Lance & Cooper Rush backup QB discussion, you can go to the 38:15 minute mark. For the best argument made why the Cowboys need to keep Dak, you can go to the end of the video to the 42:00 minute mark.

Enjoy! :starspin:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Video is 52 1/2 minutes long. Very good video with Bryan Broaddus and Voch Lombardi breaking down key players (starters and backups) during OTAs and minicamp leading up to training camp and their upcoming battles.

Sorry, I won't be including a time stamp for every player discussed throughout the video. Too many players. It's best if you have an hour to sit back, relax and enjoy the video. Plus, for those who want to go straight to the Trey Lance & Cooper Rush backup QB discussion, you can go to the 38:15 minute mark. For the best argument made why the Cowboys need to keep Dak, you can go to the end of the video to the 42:00 minute mark.

I will certainly take a listen and comment on it later. Voch believes Dak is a top 3 quarterback in the NFL while Broaddus was in favor of letting quarterbacks play out their rookie deals and then replace them with another draft pick. I hope Broaddus does not flip flop.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Didn't timestamp anything but the talk about the QB's, and of course Dak. Interesting........

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't listen to it right now. A summary is always nice as opposed to expecting fans to have or take time to listen. Just a friendly thought on that.

Any good tidbits on other players discussed? Rookies and 2nd and 3rd year players. How they are grasping Zimmer's changes in the defense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Can't listen to it right now. A summary is always nice as opposed to expecting fans to have or take time to listen. Just a friendly thought on that.

Any good tidbits on other players discussed? Rookies and 2nd and 3rd year players. How they are grasping Zimmer's changes in the defense.
Lots of discussion exactly on 2nd and 3rd year players throughout the first 38 minutes, JC. Sorry, I will include some timestamps for every player discussed next time.

jwitten82

Reaction score

Man im not watching a 52 minute podcast, you must he outside your head...dont EVER do this again

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow I've heard more clueless commentary, I just don't recall when.
Sounds like a young Jerry.Jones.
Fortunately Jerry has finally matured.

Flamma

Reaction score
I watched this video from Voch's site.

I believe Broaddus to be right when he said there is a ton of pressure this season on Mazi. They talked a little about Overshown being more of a weapon than a pure LB. And WR Brooks possibly being WR3. Some other stuff as well.

Voch thinks the Lance trade is a failure. What says a lot about a player are those that are starting over you. What does it say about Tolbert if Gallup was starting over him.

On Dak. Voch basically said Dallas has been getting lucky with QBs. There're not even 20 good ones in the league. Dak is in his prime, and runner up for MVP. Not only that, but Dallas absolutely sucks at judging QB talent. They basically get lucky finding QBs. He said they should pay him, and add something to that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I believe Broaddus to be right when he said there is a ton of pressure this season on Mazi. They talked a little about Overshown being more of a weapon than a pure LB. And WR Brooks possibly being WR3. Some other stuff as well.

Voch thinks the Lance trade is a failure. What says a lot about a player are those that are starting over you. What does it say about Tolbert if Gallup was starting over him.

On Dak. Voch basically said Dallas has been getting lucky with QBs. There're not even 20 good ones in the league. Dak is in his prime, and runner up for MVP. Not only that, but Dallas absolutely sucks at judging QB talent. They basically get lucky finding QBs. He said they should pay him, and add something to that.
Thank you, brother! :bow:

Flamma

Reaction score
My problem with Dak is mainly his contract. Paying a guy that much money +95M to the cap is going to make it very hard to add something to that. There is no easy way to hide that much money.

They've pushed money forward every year so that Dak's cap hits aren't restrictive, and we still can't go far in the playoffs. Now his money will be harder to hide.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't mean to bash every one of these, but I'm sorry, it's laughable to hype up a guy like Eric Scott who wasn't even active all year even with Diggs out.

More likely he can't play and he's been protected because they traded up for him than that he's some exceptional player.

And talking about moving Bland inside so someone like him can play outside is just ridiculous.

Qcard

Reaction score

Reality is setting in.......only Dak Haters want the Misery of LUCKing into a QB with Jerry and Stephen.

Imagine this Forum with Dak Haters convincing us a developing QB is better than a runner up MVP

tHe DEfeNcE pLAyS bETtER fOR Cooper Rush narrative with be applied to anyone but Prescott. :laugh: :laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I just don;t get Dak's failure in big games.

Don't give me "but the whole team failed" routine. Yes...I know. But we don;t talk much about the center's or punter contracts much. Dak "in his prime" "top 3 QB". Earned his big contract(s). "elite" even, sometimes.

Team struggles or not, his GB game shouldn't have happened if all that is true. It is inexplicable to me and concerning.

Edit: I realize this wasn't your personal take...sort of an open question to anyone.