Broaddus & Voch talk key players during OTAs/minicamp, plus best explanation why to keep Dak

Flamma

Reaction score
I just don;t get Dak's failure in big games.

Don't give me "but the whole team failed" routine. Yes...I know. But we don;t talk much about the center's or punter contracts much. Dak "in his prime" "top 3 QB". Earned his big contract(s). "elite" even, sometimes.

Team struggles or not, his GB game shouldn't have happened if all that is true. It is inexplicable to me and concerning.

Edit: I realize this wasn't your personal take...sort of an open question to anyone.
It's more than concerning. I chalked it up to us just losing to the better team. Yeah we lost to a Garoppolo led 49ers team, but so did Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. But the playoff game against the Packers has given me a different opinion. It really looked like the moment was too big for him. They started moving the ball when the game was already over. The pressure was off.

I don't know if this is a Dak thing, or a team thing, but whenever we get shut down early, we can't recover. We can sometimes make a comeback, but it always falls short in the end.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Also, lol at them talking up Aisha Morrison as some great scout-to-be. Broaddus says she paid her dues by working in that crucible that is the DC.com "Draft Show."

Broaddus trying to act like he's Bill Parcells or something, as if you've proven your worth by surviving working with him. :laugh:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Sorry. Too many players discussed during the first 38 minutes. I'll try better next time.
You want to timestamp for us?
No need to improve the timestamping, I was merely pointing out the fixation a certain member here has on 1 player. A 50+ minute video involving numerous players, and the only thing worth mentioning is Dak? Ok........

Some members here have been accused of being Dak fans more than Dallas Cowboys fans and the OP provides evidence that there actually might be something to the accusations.

acr731

Reaction score
It's more than concerning. I chalked it up to us just losing to the better team. Yeah we lost to a Garoppolo led 49ers team, but so did Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. But the playoff game against the Packers has given me a different opinion. It really looked like the moment was too big for him. They started moving the ball when the game was already over. The pressure was off.

I don't know if this is a Dak thing, or a team thing, but whenever we get shut down early, we can't recover. We can sometimes make a comeback, but it always falls short in the end.
The narrative we are expected to believe is that Dak put the team on his shoulders and was fighting to get them back into the game. The fact he was only able to do that after Green Bay put their scrubs and practice squad guys out there doesn't matter.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It won’t make any difference to the fan base if Parsons gets 20 sacks and they’re coming against bad teams and none are coming in the big games and playoffs. As for Mazi, not even Taco received as much negativity after his rookie season. Mazi is looking like one of the worst first round picks we’ve ever had.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The narrative we are expected to believe is that Dak put the team on his shoulders and was fighting to get them back into the game. The fact he was only able to do that after Green Bay put their scrubs and practice squad guys out there doesn't matter.
The score was 48-16 with 6 minutes left to go in the game.
Where was our fearless leader for 3 Quarters and 9 min? :huh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No need to improve the timestamping, I was merely pointing out the fixation a certain member here has on 1 player. A 50+ minute video involving numerous players, and the only thing worth mentioning is Dak? Ok........

Some members here have been accused of being Dak fans more than Dallas Cowboys fans and the OP provides evidence that there actually might be something to the accusations.
I mentioned the QBs. Dak lives in your head 24/7. Get help.

rags747

Reaction score
I just don;t get Dak's failure in big games.

Don't give me "but the whole team failed" routine. Yes...I know. But we don;t talk much about the center's or punter contracts much. Dak "in his prime" "top 3 QB". Earned his big contract(s). "elite" even, sometimes.

Team struggles or not, his GB game shouldn't have happened if all that is true. It is inexplicable to me and concerning.

Edit: I realize this wasn't your personal take...sort of an open question to anyone.
And yet in the Packers game it looked like he was Hyper Ventilating from the get go. What’s up with that?

rags747

Reaction score
Also, lol at them talking up Aisha Morrison as some great scout-to-be. Broaddus says she paid her dues by working in that crucible that is the DC.com "Draft Show."

Broaddus trying to act like he's Bill Parcells or something, as if you've proven your worth by surviving working with him. :laugh:
I have pretty much had it with her. I mean I give her props for having lots of football knowledge but she is very unsure of herself and just does not really fit in imo. I hate dogging her but she just does not fit after two draft years. Thoughts?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I watched this video from Voch's site.

I believe Broaddus to be right when he said there is a ton of pressure this season on Mazi. They talked a little about Overshown being more of a weapon than a pure LB. And WR Brooks possibly being WR3. Some other stuff as well.

Voch thinks the Lance trade is a failure. What says a lot about a player are those that are starting over you. What does it say about Tolbert if Gallup was starting over him.

On Dak. Voch basically said Dallas has been getting lucky with QBs. There're not even 20 good ones in the league. Dak is in his prime, and runner up for MVP. Not only that, but Dallas absolutely sucks at judging QB talent. They basically get lucky finding QBs. He said they should pay him, and add something to that.
Huh? How have we been getting lucky with QBs? How many Super Bowl rings have they brought us? How many NFC Championships? How many NFC Championship appearances? How many years since our last?

I'll take less "luck" and a real QB who can lead this team to contender status rather than choke and disappear when it matters most.

acr731

Reaction score
Dak lives in your head 24/7. Get help.
He's not in my head as much as he is in yours. I'm not the one watching 50 minute videos and only focusing on the part that talks about Dak.

Maybe you are the one in need of help.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My problem with Dak is mainly his contract. Paying a guy that much money +95M to the cap is going to make it very hard to add something to that. There is no easy way to hide that much money.

They've pushed money forward every year so that Dak's cap hits aren't restrictive, and we still can't go far in the playoffs. Now his money will be harder to hide.
I think roster construction has been more of an issue then cap restraints….

Dak is the most discussed player on this site lol. Even if you hate him you talk more about him than anyone else lol. We know know how polarizing the position is.

RS12

Reaction score
Huh? How have we been getting lucky with QBs? How many Super Bowl rings have they brought us? How many NFC Championships? How many NFC Championship appearances? How many years since our last?

I'll take less "luck" and a real QB who can lead this team to contender status rather than choke and disappear when it matters most.
Getting Staubach in the 10th round of the 1964 draft is luck. Aikman was a number one overall pick. That is more obvious talent evaluation.

rambo2

Reaction score
I have pretty much had it with her. I mean I give her props for having lots of football knowledge but she is very unsure of herself and just does not really fit in imo. I hate dogging her but she just does not fit after two draft years. Thoughts?
Thoughts are that they like her and she is doing a good job.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Good video. Basically Broaddus asking Voch questions about the team. Voch is a big Dak fan and wants Lance gone. Broaddus knows something or at least heard whispers about Mazi, Dak, Lance, Marist, and Scott. I think Voch is on the Mark Holmes and Dak attack level of Dak fandom.

rambo2

Reaction score
Video is 52 1/2 minutes long. Very good video with Bryan Broaddus and Voch Lombardi breaking down key players (starters and backups) during OTAs and minicamp leading up to training camp and their upcoming battles.

Sorry, I won't be including a time stamp for every player discussed throughout the video. Too many players. It's best if you have an hour to sit back, relax and enjoy the video. Plus, for those who want to go straight to the Trey Lance & Cooper Rush backup QB discussion, you can go to the 38:15 minute mark. For the best argument made why the Cowboys need to keep Dak, you can go to the end of the video to the 42:00 minute mark.

Enjoy! :starspin:

Excellent video.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Good video. Basically Broaddus asking Voch questions about the team. Voch is a big Dak fan and wants Lance gone. Broaddus knows something or at least heard whispers about Mazi, Dak, Lance, Marist, and Scott. I think Voch is on the Mark Holmes and Dak attack level of Dak fandom.
Good stuff.