Broaddus & Voch talk key players during OTAs/minicamp, plus best explanation why to keep Dak

Flamma

Reaction score
Huh? How have we been getting lucky with QBs? How many Super Bowl rings have they brought us? How many NFC Championships? How many NFC Championship appearances? How many years since our last?

I'll take less "luck" and a real QB who can lead this team to contender status rather than choke and disappear when it matters most.
You do realize there are a lot of good QBs that don't win a lot, right? Even hall of fame QBs like Marino, Tarkenton, Fouts, never won anything. It's not just because of them. Had Matt Stafford not changed teams, he never sniffs a SB, let alone win one. Qbs like Jalen Hurts, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Brock Purdy are not better than Tony Romo. Either was Nick Foles. Yet they went to SBs. You have to put the team around them. Less so with Tom Brady and Pat Mahomes. For obvious reasons.

You can luck into a QB, but you can't luck into a SB. The front office actually has to try.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think roster construction has been more of an issue then cap restraints….
It is. It was. Dak has only been a bad cap hit for 2 seasons. When he was franchise tagged, and this upcoming season. What are the results? Now cap restraints will be an added issue. If they resign him next year, we have a 2 year window at best.

If the Jones boys don't change their team building philosophy, it's not going to matter. Even if we have a really good rookie QB, they don't take advantage of that cap space. It's not going to matter.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I expect some bling for the price Dak is asking for. If he can't deliver then forget about an extension for that underperformer. Trey may get an opportunity to start, sooner than later. Look for our young receivers to have career days with Trey throwing the rock in the preseason.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Reality is setting in.......only Dak Haters want the Misery of LUCKing into a QB with Jerry and Stephen.

Imagine this Forum with Dak Haters convincing us a developing QB is better than a runner up MVP

tHe DEfeNcE pLAyS bETtER fOR Cooper Rush narrative with be applied to anyone but Prescott. :laugh: :laugh:
Reality set in during the Green Bay game.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’m of the opinion to let Dak play on his current deal. If Dak truly has all the leverage let him go out and make all of us eat our words, I’m good with that. If he does he gets its massive deal if he doesn’t see ya! For me I think a divisional Playoff win should be the minimum expectation.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’m of the opinion to let Dak play on his current deal. If Dak truly has all the leverage let him go out and make all of us eat our words, I’m good with that. If he does he gets its massive deal if he doesn’t see ya! For me I think a divisional Playoff win should be the minimum expectation.
Dak isn’t the future.

Probably best for the team to make him a Post June 1 cut.

We need the cap $$$ anyway.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Voch thinks the Lance trade is a failure. What says a lot about a player are those that are starting over you. What does it say about Tolbert if Gallup was starting over him.
That’s a dumb angle if that actually what Voch or Broaddus was saying.

The Cowboys paid Gallup $11.3M to play last season. He was going to get every chance to be on the field and earn the money. Full stop.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
PeeWee Football 101: Tackling and Blocking

We know Dak Haters were given Participation Trophies for wearing the uniform. :laugh: :laugh:
You can't give away points and call yourself the victim...doesn't work that way. Dak stunk, so did the D, but Dak stunk the year before and the D didn't that time. So...there's that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Good video. Basically Broaddus asking Voch questions about the team. Voch is a big Dak fan and wants Lance gone. Broaddus knows something or at least heard whispers about Mazi, Dak, Lance, Marist, and Scott. I think Voch is on the Mark Holmes and Dak attack level of Dak fandom.
Is Voch right or wrong about Dak? The argument he made to keep Dak, is he right or wrong in your opinion?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You do realize there are a lot of good QBs that don't win a lot, right? Even hall of fame QBs like Marino, Tarkenton, Fouts, never won anything. It's not just because of them. Had Matt Stafford not changed teams, he never sniffs a SB, let alone win one. Qbs like Jalen Hurts, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Brock Purdy are not better than Tony Romo. Either was Nick Foles. Yet they went to SBs. You have to put the team around them. Less so with Tom Brady and Pat Mahomes. For obvious reasons.

You can luck into a QB, but you can't luck into a SB. The front office actually has to try.
:hammer: :clap::bow:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I expect some bling for the price Dak is asking for. If he can't deliver then forget about an extension for that underperformer. Trey may get an opportunity to start, sooner than later. Look for our young receivers to have career days with Trey throwing the rock in the preseason.
Not with the way Lance has been struggling with his passes so far in OTAs and minicamp. He's been behind in a lot of his throws, plus thrown a pick or two. He needs to seriously step it up. It's year 4 already and does not have a contract after this season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Playoff wins at any level are a team game. It takes a whole team to win in the playoffs. Hard to win any playoff game when you've got no running game whatsoever, only 1 legit weapon at WR who gets double teamed and a defense who does not show up all game long.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yup.

And the Lance trade prevents Dak from holding out for a new deal.
Dak has never held out. Never would. You know it, so why bring it up? That's dirty play to accuse someone of doing something you know they would never do.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You can't give away points and call yourself the victim...doesn't work that way. Dak stunk, so did the D, but Dak stunk the year before and the D didn't that time. So...there's that.
I hate to bring it up, but Kurt Warner broke down Dak's 2 INTs at the 49ers two playoff seasons ago. Same issue then with both INTs. Wrong and lazy route ran by a hobbled Michael Gallup and CeeDee was given a badly designed route to run which set him and Dak up for failure. Dak carried some blame for throwing those passes but the blame was more with the coaching staff.