Twitter: Broncos Poised to Make Cowboys' CB Byron Jones 'Top Target' in Free Agency

stuckindc

Reaction score
We had an elite level CB this year and he took away a side of the field and the defense wasn't all that good because they couldn't get consistent pressure on the QB, consistently stop the run, etc.
agree...would much rather have a top front 7
Letting Bryon walk would be a huge mistake .

I would rather Cooper get paid elsewhere . WRs are easier to replace .
you mean like the approach we took in 18 , prior to the Amari trade? That worked out well

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Unless you can see each angle, watching film from a highlight will never allow you to see anything clearly. That's the problem with the "eye test".

The ones I said were clearly visible from the angle that was shown. You can make all the excuses you want for not seeing them but I had zero problems seeing them.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Clearly they would address the position in free agency and the draft.
"clearly address"......... yeah like we did with safety and DT spots for the last 3 years :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There's no such things as "clearly" with this front office and this ownership

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Every team that drafts well will eventually have that problem. 49’ers are going to have to make some tough decisions coming up in a year or 2.
Whadda ya know about tough decisions?
You can't even tell Ruben to put the sheet rock wall on your bait stand!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's not that INT's are the sole judge of DB's. It's that elite CB's get INT's. If Jones didn't want elite money, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. Does he, BTW? Don't know as I remember hearing anything.

He's not going to be paid like an elite CB. And the person you gave a like to called him a "bum".

If you guys aren't just flat out wrong, you're exaggerating and ruining whatever valid point you might have. Stop.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Jones is a bum. Would you pay elite money to a defensive end with zero sacks in two years cause he’s “solid and gets really close to making plays”?

Calling him a bum tells me you know nothing about football.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Cooper is a top 10 WR in the NFL.

If WR's like that are easy to find, everyone would have one.

Nearly every team in the league has a rotation of WRs that can get you 1,000+ receiving yards. It's a passing league with rules that benefited the offense. I mean, the guy opposite of Cooper looked more like a #1 WR than Cooper down the final stretch and we got him in the third round.

Tell me the last time you saw a CB draft class that looks like the one in 2020. You people overrating RBs and WRs is just absurd. They are easily replaced and you some of you are worse than freakin' Jerry Jones at this team building stuff, yet have the nerve to criticize him.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nearly every team in the league has a rotation of WRs that can get you 1,000+ receiving yards. It's a passing league with rules that benefited the offense. I mean, the guy opposite of Cooper looked more like a #1 WR than Cooper down the final stretch and we got him in the third round.

Tell me the last time you saw a CB draft class that looks like the one in 2020. You people overrating RBs and WRs is just absurd. They are easily replaced and you some of you are worse than freakin' Jerry Jones at this team building stuff, yet have the nerve to criticize him.

Cooper, would destroy Jones, if they were on opposite teams.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Except if it was an important crunch time week 17 game winner takes all.

Byron would smoke Cooper. Cooper would do his 2017 and 2019 quitting in the 2nd half of the season notion that he seems to love to do when everything is on the line.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I hope they at least offer Jones something reasonable. No way they should offer top dollar. OTOH, if a competitor does to beat our offer then we could get a top 100 compensatory.

Worst case is that we get him back on a reasonable deal. Far too many people around here want to bite their nose off to spite their face.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

You get Cooper has gone up against worse DBs and ghosted, right? Stop overrating him.

I've never seen Jones quit, nor have I ever seen him forced to the sideline in a clutch moment with some vague "injury" report.

Swagger

Reaction score
This board doesn’t like Byron Jones because he didn’t have 2 or 3 interceptions a season so they deem him not good because of that.

I’m sure Jordan Lewis will have those 2 or 3 INTs they are looking for when he’s getting targeted all game.
Exactly.
People completely miss the point with Jones.
Why not have a shut down corner like Jones with the guy the other side with better ball handling skills that receives the most targets making the interceptions...

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He's going to get paid BIGLY. whether you like him or not, might as well accept it.