Brooks to Bengals (PFT Report)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
This makes me wonder if Odell Thurman doesn't have some serious issues behind the scenes.
I thought that was an established fact... :)

And think of the parties he can now have with Brooks and Chris Henry. ;) (Oops, and how could I forget Rucker and Nicholson?)

But I've heard Kirwan on Sirius claim that Lewis has said he'd like to play some 34 if he could find the pieces. Sounds weird for a longtime 43 coach, but that's what Kirwan has said. I wonder if that's one reason Lewis wanted Brooks. Pollack isn't really a 4-3 OLB (at least IMO) but would be a good 34 OLB.

But that's all assuming Brooks even stays out of trouble and plays to his potential, which won't happen.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
what's funny is, Marvin Lewis doesn't seem to be the kind of coach that would put up with a bunch of troublemakers.. you would think he would be laying down the law.. I would imagine he will be come training camp time.. Rucker, Nicholson, Henry, and Brooks are all gonna get an earful I think..

by the way: Frostee Rucker? seriously? you're gonna name your kid Frostee? Why not just go ahead and name him Slurpy Rucker.. or Big Gulp Rucker.. or PushUps Rucker.. or Dreamsicle Rucker.. or SnowCone Rucker.. geesh.. poor kid.. no wonder he is getting in trouble nowadays..

AbeBeta

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
what's funny is, Marvin Lewis doesn't seem to be the kind of coach that would put up with a bunch of troublemakers.

I think that Lewis believes that he can really make a difference with these kids. He certainly isn't trying to push a bad boy image.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
good.. im just glad we can stop talking about the guy..

on another note, though, he really could help shore up that Cincy D.. Odell Thurman was a stud for them last year, and him and Brooks could make a pretty good duo.. we all know their offense is deadly, but that D is getting better.. and they didnt lose any starters, offense or defense, this offseason.. if Palmer is back at full health, watch out..

Yeah in Cincinnati pennitentiary.

ConcreteBoy

Benched
Reaction score
I'm glad he's elsewhere. He went higher than I thought. You might think Cinci would rethink drafting these character issue guys.....

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am curious.

Does the NFL do a mini Rookie Symposium for the Sup Draft picks?

Or maybe just have someone come and bring the material and go over it at the players team facility.

Not that it is important to me but just wondering considering some of the Sup Draft picks were Sup picks due to problems.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I am curious.

Does the NFL do a mini Rookie Symposium for the Sup Draft picks?

Or maybe just have someone come and bring the material and go over it at the players team facility.

Not that it is important to me but just wondering considering some of the Sup Draft picks were Sup picks due to problems.
hey BrainPaint, did you see my comment about your signature in that other thread?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
So, what are we going to talk about for the next 2 weeks?

:grin:
How good, I mean big, Canty is gonna look...

in his pads that is...

Yummy :p:

Shuttemdown41

Reaction score
So, with Cincy forfeiting their 3rd rounder next year, does that mean we will now have the 95th pick in next year's draft as opposed to the 96th? ;)

:D