Brooks to Bengals (PFT Report)

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
No doubt if we had any interest, we would have asked Canty about him.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i have a feeling Coach Lewis will say that brooks has changed his life and could be the next version of Ray lewis.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
i have a feeling Coach Lewis will say that brooks has changed his life and could be the next version of Ray lewis.

Which Ray Lewis? Accessory to murderer Ray Lewis? Or funky chicken dance Ray Lewis?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
This just came down the wire from rotoworld.

The NFL suspended Bengals LB Odell Thurman for four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Thurman was absent from a recent minicamp and now we know why. A candidate for Defensive Rookie of the Year and IDP league stud, Thurman has a history of troubles dating back to college. The team will probably use Landon Johnson or supplemental draft pick Ahmad Brooks at MLB in the meantime

Now it makes sense.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:

Now it makes sense.
On the one hand it makes sense, but on the other, why take a guy who's almost a carbon copy of the player who just got himself suspended?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:

Now it makes sense.

They'll have tag-team middle linebackers.

When Thurman's suspension ends, Brooks' suspension will probably be beginning. Back and forth.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Vintage said:
What did Odell Thurman do?

your kidding right?

Thurman has been trouble with a capital T for years...all sorts of problems at UGA

David

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I am so glad that Parcells and Co have been drafting high character guys.. yes, I said "drafting" because we do have a couple of character guys now in T.O. and Vanderjagt.. BUT.. those guys haven't been in trouble with the law or drugs at all.. they just have big mouths.. Roy, Newman, Ware, James, Jones, Witten, Spears, Burnett, Carpenter, Canty.. all those guys are "good" guys.. even free agents like Bledsoe, Henry, Ferguson, Rivera, Ayodele.. good guys.. if I'm not mistaken, Marcus Coleman is the only Cowboy we have on our roster who has more than a speeding ticket or a parking violation..

31smackdown

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
I am so glad that Parcells and Co have been drafting high character guys.. yes, I said "drafting" because we do have a couple of character guys now in T.O. and Vanderjagt.. BUT.. those guys haven't been in trouble with the law or drugs at all.. they just have big mouths.. Roy, Newman, Ware, James, Jones, Witten, Spears, Burnett, Carpenter, Canty.. all those guys are "good" guys.. even free agents like Bledsoe, Henry, Ferguson, Rivera, Ayodele.. good guys.. if I'm not mistaken, Marcus Coleman is the only Cowboy we have on our roster who has more than a speeding ticket or a parking violation..

It's interesting.. because it looks like Parcells will take flyers on guys with troubled past... but only on the cheap it seems, to give them one last chance with the option of cutting them at the first sign of trouble. Every training camp there seems to be a few new players with troubles pasts.

So I have a discussion topic.. let's name them.. Didn't the RB Summer have some issues?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
31smackdown said:
It's interesting.. because it looks like Parcells will take flyers on guys with troubled past... but only on the cheap it seems, to give them one last chance with the option of cutting them at the first sign of trouble. Every training camp there seems to be a few new players with troubles pasts.

So I have a discussion topic.. let's name them.. Didn't the RB Summer have some issues?

Summers...you mean the guy they signed for penauts and didnt waste a draft pick on? The guy that probably is nothing more than training camp fodder or practice sqaud material at best?

David

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Don't forget about Abram Elam, another guy on the cheap, but with a big "red flag" in his past.

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
I wish we has gotten Brooks because he could help tackle tough players. Big Bill know his linebacking well and if he don't liked to hire him I can't argue against his judgings though.

As far as character and the drug uses. Be honest we all use drugs from time to time just to get us threw the tough days. It aint no big deal long as you can aford it and the laws don't catch on to you.

All them big money contracts them pro players sign gives them enough fast cash to afford it so its not a real true problem on them. It not like they stealing from the rent moneys and the like.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:

Now it makes sense.

1 year in the league -- 3 positive tests? wow -- it even took leon lett and darrell russell longer to get suspended

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Chief said:
They'll have tag-team middle linebackers.

When Thurman's suspension ends, Brooks' suspension will probably be beginning. Back and forth.

:laugh1:

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
leotisbrown said:
I wish we has gotten Brooks because he could help tackle tough players. Big Bill know his linebacking well and if he don't liked to hire him I can't argue against his judgings though.

As far as character and the drug uses. Be honest we all use drugs from time to time just to get us threw the tough days. It aint no big deal long as you can aford it and the laws don't catch on to you.

All them big money contracts them pro players sign gives them enough fast cash to afford it so its not a real true problem on them. It not like they stealing from the rent moneys and the like.
Um, excuse me. I have 2 words for you......Quincy & Carter.

Randy & Moss.

Nuff said?

If not, how about Darryl & Strawberry?

Sorry, but most drugheads DON'T get off of it. And if Brooks was suspended TWICE while in college, what on earth makes you think he'd lay off the stuff once he's making gazillions of dollars & surrounded by flunkies all to eager to get him more?!?!

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Fortunately, leotis, I think you're saying it tongue in cheek.

I have no doubts Bill's good buddy Al Groh told him to stay far far away from Brooks. This is the same guy who persuaded Bill to take Canty, which has worked out well--I have a feeling we'll all be very happy he warned Bill to stay away from Brooks.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Um, excuse me. I have 2 words for you......Quincy & Carter.

Randy & Moss.

Nuff said?

If not, how about Darryl & Strawberry?

Sorry, but most drugheads DON'T get off of it. And if Brooks was suspended TWICE while in college, what on earth makes you think he'd lay off the stuff once he's making gazillions of dollars & surrounded by flunkies all to eager to get him more?!?!

Warren & Sapp -- never had a problem in the NFL

BTW when was Moss suspended? Did I miss that one?