Brouddus names WR's the Cowboys are considering

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score

I can barely hear him on my phone, but I heard the initial guy state rounds "2-4" or whatever. Something along those lines.

I know it's beating the pulp of a dead horse 'round these parts..but if one of the Big 3 is there at 17, Dallas shouldn't even think twice.

I can't wait any longer. The anticipation is killing me.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
KJ Hill, Mims, Pittman, Proche, Duvernay, Reagor, Shenault were the names he mentioned.

He said we probably won't take a WR in the first 3 rounds because of how deep it is and proceeds to mention mainly guys who will be taken in the first 3 rounds lol.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can barely hear him on my phone, but I heard the initial guy state rounds "2-4" or whatever. Something along those lines.

I know it's beating the pulp of a dead horse 'round these parts..but if one of the Big 3 is there at 17, Dallas shouldn't even think twice.

I can't wait any longer. The anticipation is killing me.
Haha me too.

I think Reagor, Pittman, Shenault are strong possibilities in the second

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
KJ Hill, Mims, Pittman, Proche, Duvernay, Reagor, Shenault were the names he mentioned.

He said we probably won't take a WR in the first 3 rounds because of how deep it is and proceeds to mention mainly guys who will be taken in the first 3 rounds lol.
He said they pinpointing guys in rounds 2,3, and 4

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Shenault is a 3rd-4th guy...maybe even later.
I look at Shenault as a low floor high ceiling guy. He has to be used and needs alot of work, especially on routes and he to be used right. I wouldnt be comfortable going into the season with him as the #3 WR.

I think he can go 2nd. But I would must rather have Pittman or Reagor out of those mentioned because they can come in and play Cobb's snaps day 1

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He said they pinpointing guys in rounds 2,3, and 4
Round 2 is the sweet spot, I think, if they aren't going to pull the trigger at 17. Might even have to trade up.

Impossible to know how it falls, but I think there's a dropoff from round 2 to round 3. As much as I like, say, Van Jefferson in round 3, he's a pretty big step down from Reagor, Aiyuk, Mims or another one of those top 7-8 WRs who might slip.

I'm really worried that they're going to get too cute hoping someone slips, and then having to settle for a reach. You could see 15 WRs come off the board before the third-round pick, and by then you've missed out on any of the high-impact potential guys.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Round 2 is the sweet spot, I think, if they aren't going to pull the trigger at 17. Might even have to trade up.

Impossible to know how it falls, but I think there's a dropoff from round 2 to round 3. As much as I like, say, Van Jefferson in round 3, he's a pretty big step down from Reagor, Aiyuk, Mims or another one of those top 7-8 WRs who might slip.

I'm really worried that they're going to get too cute hoping someone slips, and then having to settle for a reach. You could see 15 WRs come off the board before the third-round pick, and by then you've missed out on any of the high-impact potential guys.
They have punted on position they went into deep drafts with a need. Did it in 2015 at HB and last year at Safety. Considering the difference in positional value, I hope they are more proactive this year with WR.

IMO if you want a guy in the 2nd and you dont think he will last, do what you did with Lawrence. Chaisson/Reagor could be 2020's Martin/Lawrence

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I look at Shenault as a low floor high ceiling guy. He has to be used and needs alot of work, especially on routes and he to be used right. I wouldnt be comfortable going into the season with him as the #3 WR.

I think he can go 2nd. But I would must rather have Pittman or Reagor out of those mentioned because they can come in and play Cobb's snaps day 1

Shenault reminds me a bit of Dez coming out of Oklahoma State; more of a playmaking weapon than a complete receiver. That said, I think he’s less explosive and a bit smaller than Dez.

You would have to package plays for Shenault rather than him just running routes and being part of the regular scheme IMO.

I’m still a little intrigued by him but I think he’s going to be one of these guys that is still possibly there in the 4th round where folks will be like “but he was projected as a 1st rounder in January!”

tm1119

Reaction score

Yeah very contradicting...really he’s saying they are looking at Hill and Duvernay then. The rest of the guys will be lucky to make it 51, certainly not lasting until our 3rd.

Im guessing that’s Broaddus interjecting his own opinions. I’m sure he has connections inside the organization, but I’m also pretty sure he has no idea what the cowboys draft strategy is. Based on who the cowboys have shown interest in id say they are 100% willing to go WR in the 2nd at worst.