Brouddus names WR's the Cowboys are considering

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Shenault reminds me a bit of Dez coming out of Oklahoma State; more of a receiving weapon than a polished receiver. That said, I think he’s less explosive and a bit smaller than Dez.

You would have to package plays for Shenault rather than him just running routes and being part of the regular scheme IMO.

I’m still a little intrigued by him but I think he’s going to be one of these guys that is still possibly there in the 4th round where folks will be like “but he was projected as a 1st rounder in January!”
Id feel better about him if we signed or traded for a vet either on day 3 or after the draft. We still have more than enough cap space ( 10-12 million give or take) after the picks are signed. With some of the Kirkpatrick talk, they could be looking into use some of that to fill needs after the draft. CB or WR is where I could see it

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah very contradicting...really he’s saying they are looking at Hill and Duvernay then. The rest of the guys will be lucky to make it 51, certainly not lasting until our 3rd.

Im guessing that’s Broaddus interjecting his own opinions. I’m sure he has connections inside the organization, but I’m also pretty sure he has no idea what the cowboys draft strategy is. Based on who the cowboys have shown interest in id say they are 100% willing to go WR in the 2nd at worst.
He said they are looking in rounds 2, 3, and 4

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah very contradicting...really he’s saying they are looking at Hill and Duvernay then. The rest of the guys will be lucky to make it 51, certainly not lasting until our 3rd.

Im guessing that’s Broaddus interjecting his own opinions. I’m sure he has connections inside the organization, but I’m also pretty sure he has no idea what the cowboys draft strategy is. Based on who the cowboys have shown interest in id say they are 100% willing to go WR in the 2nd at worst.

I don’t read it that way.

Judging by the names they are considering WRs at different spots throughout the draft.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Shenault is a 3rd-4th guy...maybe even later.
Seriously?

Now if you value him as a mid 3rd to mid 4th, thats fine.
But are you saying you think he goes that late in the real draft?
That would shock me

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i don't think we'll have a shot at Mims or Reagor...but I'd love KJ Hill,Ohio St or James Proche,Smu.
Reagor is possiblity, but Mims is looking like a solid 1st

I think its possible Pittman could go ahead of Reagor. And Aiyuk is very likely. However there is also a possibility Reagor could go in the 1st too. He has a pretty wide range

cowboyec

Reaction score
Reagor is possiblity, but Mims is looking like a solid 1st

I think its possible Pittman could go ahead of Reagor. And Aiyuk is very likely. However there is also a possibility Reagor could go in the 1st too. He has a pretty wide range
Reagor's added dimension on returns is why i think he gets snagged early 2...maybe late in the 1st.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Reagor's added dimension on returns is why i think he gets snagged early 2...maybe late in the 1st.
Maybe. But I think that early its going to be alot more about projection at WR. Reagor's 40 could hurt him for a player of his size and skill set. Even though he got clocked at 23mph in game

RamziD

Reaction score
They have punted on position they went into deep drafts with a need. Did it in 2015 at HB and last year at Safety. Considering the difference in positional value, I hope they are more proactive this year with WR.

IMO if you want a guy in the 2nd and you dont think he will last, do what you did with Lawrence. Chaisson/Reagor could be 2020's Martin/Lawrence

Our 2nd and 3rd likely wouldn’t get us back into the first round if you add up the points, and I don’t think we’d be able to get Chaisson in a trade-back scenario.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our 2nd and 3rd likely wouldn’t get us back into the first round if you add up the points, and I don’t think we’d be able to get Chaisson in a trade-back scenario.
Im not talking about trading back and getting and getting Chaisson. Or getting back into the first for Reagor. When we traded up for Lawrence, we stayed in the 2nd round

phildadon86

Reaction score
Shenault reminds me a bit of Dez coming out of Oklahoma State; more of a playmaking weapon than a complete receiver. That said, I think he’s less explosive and a bit smaller than Dez.

You would have to package plays for Shenault rather than him just running routes and being part of the regular scheme IMO.

I’m still a little intrigued by him but I think he’s going to be one of these guys that is still possibly there in the 4th round where folks will be like “but he was projected as a 1st rounder in January!”
Honestly I think reager is the pick. Jerry has been following him since high school

Gaede

Reaction score
KJ Hill, Mims, Pittman, Proche, Duvernay, Reagor, Shenault were the names he mentioned.

He said we probably won't take a WR in the first 3 rounds because of how deep it is and proceeds to mention mainly guys who will be taken in the first 3 rounds lol.

Only one I'm not sold on here is Mims. Love the rest.

Sydla

Reaction score
KJ Hill, Mims, Pittman, Proche, Duvernay, Reagor, Shenault were the names he mentioned.

He said we probably won't take a WR in the first 3 rounds because of how deep it is and proceeds to mention mainly guys who will be taken in the first 3 rounds lol.

LOL.

That was my first chuckle. Saying we will go defense early in the first few rounds and then saying think about guys like Pittman and Reagor and Shenault who likely will be gone by the 2nd round.

J-man

Reaction score
If we take a WR @17, I hope it's Jefferson. He's the only WR I would take in 1. I think he could be the next stud about to blow the league up.
Otherwise I'd wait.
Rd 2 I'd take Aiyuk, Mims, Reagor, most likely you're not getting them, but if one's there, it'd be hard to pass.
Most likely we probable wait and take one of these guys later in rds. 3-7 Duvernay, Hill, Bowden, Reed, Thomas

Sydla

Reaction score
WR3 is a starter and passing offense is by far the most important part of a team.

There is no more pressing need than WR.

I am going to enjoy your meltdown when they don't take your advice and take a non-WR in the first and second round.