News: Browns restructure WR Cooper's contract to create $15 million in cap room

BlueStar22

Reaction score

I'm convinced it was the missed games due to covid, non-vax, and attending public events unmasked that did Cooper in more than his lack of production for various reasons. Same for Collins, the suspension and ducking the drug tests were held against him as well. Cowboys can move everyone else's money around but Amari's.

Ken

Reaction score

I'm convinced it was the missed games due to covid, non-vax, and attending public events unmasked that did Cooper in more than his lack of production for various reasons. Same for Collins, the suspension and ducking the drug tests were held against him as well. Cowboys can move everyone else's money around but Amari's.

Yes. they could have but didn't want to for the reasons and others that they didn't

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We didn’t take full advantage of his skills. If he has a big year in Cleveland which is very possible with Deshaun Watson there’s going to be a lot of crying on this board especially if the Cowboys aren’t playing well and our receivers aren’t stepping up. We may be seeing a lot of Amari Cooper highlights next season. We should have found a way to keep him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Clearly they wanted to move on from him.

If it was for the purpose of being a more run oriented team it would make more sense, but I doubt that was part of the reasoning.

this^^^^^^ hell, did they ask him for a pay cut? I can't remember.......

dsturgeon

Reaction score
It sucks that he is gone, but maybe Moore plans to change the dynamic of the offense, and is fine with Lamb, Gallup, Schultz, and the Rb's

Money off the books, and those weapons are pretty good

Zordon

Reaction score
We didn’t take full advantage of his skills. If he has a big year in Cleveland which is very possible with Deshaun Watson there’s going to be a lot of crying on this board especially if the Cowboys aren’t playing well and our receivers aren’t stepping up. We may be seeing a lot of Amari Cooper highlights next season. We should have found a way to keep him.
A lot of Cowboys fans are going to have one eye on Amari/Watson next year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

They've restructured everyone. They clearly didnt' want Amari here.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I expect him to have a big year - provided Watson doesn't get suspended.
Cooper is not unlike any other wide receiver, though his disposition is different.
He wants the ball - early and often. And if his quarterback isn't getting him the ball and the team is losing, whereas Michael Irvin would get in the quarterback's face and say, "Get me the *&$% football," Cooper is going to sulk.
That's what he did in Dallas.
Watson knows he's on thin ice with the fans. He MUST produce. So he's going to feature Cooper.
Meanwhile, let's hope Dak understands who his No. 1 receiver is and gets him the ball, especially if he gets single coverage.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I have zero issues in getting rid of 19 and 71. My issue I have is us telegraphing our feelings to the media and killing their trade value. The lack of compensation for both is disgusting
I think most teams knew we were getting rid of Cooper's massive contract. There really wasn't a trade market for him.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I expect him to have a big year - provided Watson doesn't get suspended.
Cooper is not unlike any other wide receiver, though his disposition is different.
He wants the ball - early and often. And if his quarterback isn't getting him the ball and the team is losing, whereas Michael Irvin would get in the quarterback's face and say, "Get me the *&$% football," Cooper is going to sulk.
That's what he did in Dallas.
Watson knows he's on thin ice with the fans. He MUST produce. So he's going to feature Cooper.
Meanwhile, let's hope Dak understands who his No. 1 receiver is and gets him the ball, especially if he gets single coverage.

Good way of saying it. Sulk. Coop in a nutshell.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of Cowboys fans are going to have one eye on Amari/Watson next year.

We’re all going to be tracking his production in Cleveland next season. It’s going be a big slap in the face of this organization if he has a huge year and the Browns have a good season.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Cleveland is not purgatory like it used to be. It wont digest for Cowboys fans but Cowboys are the purgatory. Browns front office and team is better than Cowboys.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
We’re all going to be tracking his production in Cleveland next season.

Raiders fans who were against the first Coop trade looked good for one year too. Just saying, like Tyke said, Coop is a sulker. Don't be surprised with an "I'll show them" breakout year and then back to complacency. Their QB has a lot to prove too. It's a perfect storm. May not mean much regarding Dallas.